THE LIGHTNING LADY

Submitted into Contest #51 in response to: Write about someone who has a superpower.... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy

As a teen, Bianca Jackson Grace was a very special girl for she had special powers that she was gifted with. She was presently a 14 year old who liked things any other teen girl would like (sorry, I'm out of trends these days) but most of all, she preferred fighting crimes and restoring justice. She remembered the day she got her powers when she was in her mission to find a cyber thief who stole a top secret micro chip from the National Defense and Research organization of Seattle. When Bianca was 5 years old, she got her powers and in truth, she got her powers by accident. You see, when she was coming home from her school, she nearly got caught in an accident when a car was about to hit her. She acted on her instinct and she hit a high voltage circuit and all the electricity in that got transferred to her. She coped up with it and surprisingly, she survived but she had to stay in a hospital for 2 weeks since people wanted her to get rid of the electricity within her. The doctors and the nurses in the hospital, gave up hope saying that they could not get rid of the electricity in her and told her parents that they just had to suck it up and try to be as normal as possible. As she was remembering all this, she snapped back to reality and found herself standing on the roof of a building next to the National Defense and Research organization of Seattle and started to feel sleepy since it was already ten o'clock in the night. Suddenly, she heard all the alarm systems in the organization blare and saw someone in a black mask and a black suit rushing out. Bianca seized this opportunity and ran back of him in her special suit, of course. Her suit was a black catsuit and a black mask. She didn't need any screaming fan girls when she was on a mission or she would be good as useless when she would try to take down a criminal. She followed the criminal into an alleyway and she cornered him there. Upon doing a bit of research on her own by one of her little gadgets , she found out that the name of the criminal she was dealing with at the moment was Siberio, a notorious cyber thief who was renowned for all sorts of schemes when it came to artificial intelligence. "Hand over the chip right now mister before you get me angry'' snarled Bianca and Siberio just laughed and said '' ooh I'm so scared! like what are you going to do? Spray perfume in my face or what? sorry cupcake, it was great talking to you but I have a good life to look forward to''. "The only thing you will be looking forward to is a good life in jail'' she snarled and just shot him with her lightning powers. She just zapped him again and again but made sure she didn't kill him. Bianca was also known as the infamous 'Lightning Lady' after she stopped a few neighborhood crimes in her area with her special lightning powers and of course, people filmed her battle scenes and posted it all over social media sites. Due to that, she was famous but she always kept her identity a secret. After she took the chip away from the cyber thief, she found some rope and just tied him in it. "If you try struggling and try to make an attempt to escape, I will certainly not hesitate to turn you into a burned crisp, understood?'' she growled and Siberio, just nodded. She took him and the chip back to the organization and to her surprise, she saw Nick Fury, the head of the S.H.I.E.L.D agency standing there, along with agent Maria Hill. Bianca always admired the Avengers and she wished she could join them some day. After she returned the chip and after Siberio was taken in custody by senior authorities, Nick Fury and Maria Hill asked her to join the Avengers, to which she said yes. When she went into the Avengers headquarters, she was so excited that she had to restrain herself from behaving like a person who escaped from a mental hospital. She could hear some indistinct muttering about her like ''wow, she's the girl'' and ''yep, that's her'' and ''wow I cant believe she's Lightning Lady''. When she met Tony Stark, he was like, "wow, I cant believe you're Lightning Lady. We saw you on social media and we were like, dang she got skills'' and Bianca just turned red. Then Natasha Romanoff said that she liked the way she uses her powers and she also liked her attitude. People there started to compliment her in various different ways and she just flushed a deep tomato red. Then she told them that she admired the way they work to restore peace and justice. She called her parents and told them where she was and instead of them getting angry, or worried like most parents, they actually ENCOURAGED her to train and make her powers stronger. In fact, it was them who encouraged her to become a hero and do good for the society so they suggested her to take up crime fighting in her spare time because of her powers. So, Bianca trained with them every day and even helped them in battles. Over time, she grew really close with everyone there and all the Avengers saw her as a cute little baby sister who had to be protected at all costs. She even helped Peter Parker and Happy on missions and she and Peter became best friends over time. Of course, Steve Rogers thought she was a child, but every time he said that, Bianca would just huff in indignation. The other Avengers found her powers amazing and she had the capacity to even lift Thor's hammer and when the others found out, their respect and admiration for her grew even more. Remember, when justice goes astray, Bianca or the 'Lightning Lady' will always save the day!

July 18, 2020 04:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Kathy Shealy
21:12 Jul 29, 2020

This was a cute story. However, your first sentence ends with a preposition. It is not clear how Bianca hits the electrical line. "It was them who encouraged her" should read "it was they who encouraged her". Overall, though, a creative and entertaining read

Reply

05:22 Jul 30, 2020

thank you for your feedback

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.