2 comments

Fantasy Creative Nonfiction Happy

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” those were exact words her mama used to utter to her continuously before she died. Amaya never understood the meaning of those words until today. All she does is to sit on her bed laid with a rugged mattress, gaze outside the window, watch people strolling on the streets having a good time, and when night came she could open the windows stare at the shinning stars and wish for one thing. Freedom, freedom to live her life and find her prince charming. Find love and learn to love.

She was tired of her aunty always mistreating her aunty always mistreating her, she was turned into a house help in her own house. Amaya was only sixteen years old when her mother died and her aunty was her next of kin, so she had to stay under her custody until she could turn eighteen years the right age for her to make her own decisions.

Amaya spent most of her time wishing for a better life, a life she was used to before death could snatch her mother away from her. All she wanted was a quick escape from this lonely world. A world she felt had no life in it. Whenever she thought of her mother her dam of tears could break loose, and she could weep uncontrollable facing in front of her window, tears could roll down her eyes and she could let grief consume her. But this fateful night things were different, this is because the window became shiny and a ray of different rainbow colours was flickering all over making the room look brighter.

 "What do you wish for", a soft sound was heard coming from the shinny window "uuh, uuh", who are you and what do you want from me?" She asked as she stummered, out of fear. Sweat started trickling down her forehead straight to her well defined cheekbones."I am your fairy godmother and am here to make your dreams come true, in my magical land I was seeing the pain and the suffering that lies in your eyes that is why i came to bring you all the happiness you deserve." This message from the magical window made Amaya so happy."can I wish as many times as I want?", She asked softly looking directly at the window and giving it a very lovely smile.

"Unfortunately no, you don't have many wishes ask you think dear, I am only allowed to grant you three wish and in these wishes non of them will be reversable, so be careful what you wish for". The words that came from my fairy godmother made me extremely happy that it almost blew my mind. Thinking of Miranda a gorgeous, sassy and classy classmate of mine who was considered to be the most beautiful girl at our school (hiddenvile highschool) gave me a hint on my first wish. " I wish to be the most beautiful girl that when pepole look at me they will be astonished by my beauty." I said confidently to confirm if my magical window was not messing with me." So shall it be," the voice from the magical window replied. In a wink of an eye my body was floating on air in circles as the new me was being transformed. After the changing process was done the magical window spoke to me in a rather calm voice saying." When you need me dear just call my name twice and I will rush to you." "But you did not tell me your name", I said sounding a little bit worried. "Oh! Forgive my manners," she said rather in a friendly tone ." I am Akira, but you can just call me Aki" she responded sounding sure." "And I am A.......", Before I could utter my name to her she quickly could my name out loud." Amaya, you name is Amaya and I know who you are".In a wink of an eye everything went back to normal, the shinny light vanished into a thin air, it was now time for me to look myself in the mirror and see how beautiful I became. I was startled with my new look, I was too beautiful for words. I wasn't a female model but I should have been. The long hair I groomed so carefully had a rippling quality a sign of good health. My only blemish was that I was nettle browed and they sometimes knitted in frustration. The aquiline nose I had complimented my prominent cheekbones. Beautiful in an understanding way. My basalt jaw well poised shoulders spoke of my confidence. I possessed a latnent , leonine power and I promised myself to always walk with purpose and authority.

My beauty was beyond words. People could not keep there eyes off me as I walked. All eyes were always on me and I liked the feeling. I was very happy that I had the attention I needed but still my aunty did not change her perception on me she heartlessly continued mistreating and this made me think of my second wish. When night came and everybody else was asleep, I went to my bedroom window and called out for Aki. The shinning light consumed the room again and I wished that my aunty could stop mistreating me and change how she handled me with anger and rage. The next day, it was like a whole new world, new house and new aunty, she was all sweet and loving and she did not even treat me like a servant anymore. I was really mesmerized by all these. Her attitude towards me was brand new and I liked it alot..

Things were going on well and peaceful, love and happiness was part of my life but I still had one more wish, so I thought of Lakan. Lakan was a boy I had a crush on ever since you was six, I waited for the right time and I went and asked for my last wish , which was for Lakan to fall in love with me. And so it happend it was all a wonderful thing to see my life felled with love and joy. Everything I wished for came true, then all over sudden I had my younger twin sisters jumping on my bed waking me up"Amaya, Amaya it's morning already wake up". Waking up I was disappointed for it was just a beautiful dream. And so it's true like they say that if wishes were horses beggers could ride. I wished my dream could come true


June 11, 2021 03:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Zipporah Moraa
12:16 Sep 13, 2022

brilliant

Reply

Show 0 replies
Max Emitati
19:01 Jun 08, 2022

That dream was really amazing. From the story, it means there are things which can be changed but it will be done as time goes by. For the case of Amaya, she could change her aunts perception on her by working hard and becoming rich. Through that she would change her beauty and even find ways where she could get the love of her life

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.