The 1/3 Disappearance - History of Eglas

Written in response to: Write a story where a device goes haywire.... view prompt

0 comments

Christian Historical Fiction Fantasy

Letting the viewers know that this is a spinoff from one of my manga comic books. It's the historical background in the Kingdoms of Eglas.

——————————————


The 1/3 Disappearance - History of Eglas:


In the times of the medieval period of Eglas, music and arts bloomed upon the three Kingdoms of Eglas. The three kingdoms have their island to rule; yet, united against the Rokiens from the land of Nubergen. They are a tribe from the east across the Ocean of Nalatica. The Kingdoms of Elgas aren't even uniting back then before the Rokien tribes have come over to raid, pillage, burn, and steal gold. Eglas doesn't want to lose their connection and power with their allied friends who dwell across the Kypos Ocean. Viens, Chapus, Ausani (ancient Hermania), and Anani are the allies for Eglas.

The Rokien tribes—according to history—comes from Nubergen when they conquered the Nubarr Tribe. The Nabarr has ruled their lands for over five hundred years before the Rokien tribes have taken over their people. The way they dress is similar to a Viking on both sides. The two tribes didn't get along because of power and land among themselves. When King Gorren Dasgarr, the fifth, died in the capital, he awaited the Rokien leader to battle him in his palace. Everyone is defending the palace with fire, swords, and arrows. The leader for the Rokien tribe, his name is Thalsborld Yivatz.

Twenty years later, after King Gorren, who used to rule Nubergen, Thalsborld sought more power to protect themselves from starvation. Their land is cold, full of snow. What remains in that land are nothing but wild animals. The only thing they can grow is the cold plants that are not edible for them to eat. Those cold plants are only mean for the animals who eat those plants. The animals' names are Berigerrdath. It means, "Longneck, stand tall." These plants are poisonous to Tyrenkians since their stomach cannot digest. What King Gorren can do is to send explorers to head west.

And so, they did.

They discovered new lands and settled there before they have noticed a new tribe that dwells there. These people are the people of Rish. The negotiation of 'I take your land' didn't go well. King Thalsborld decides to launch the attack and conquest for the Kingdoms of Eglas.

The second island hears stories about Rish, a neighboring island; the second island's name is Gatia. Gatia's king and allied by term of the marriage, their daughter, got beheaded before they scathe her breast to be piked on two spears. They already cut her breast off while the third pike jabs her head to be mounted on the ground, facing north to her homeland of Gatia. The navies of Gatia with their wooden boats see her head as a sign of war. The husband is the new king of Rish as they pike his head upside down and stuff his penis and testicles inside his mouth. He is the handsome king out of all Rish who believes in God; however, the Rokien doesn't believe in the Christian God. They worship Barrigüthen, a deity of the unknown, war, lust, and power. All villages, towns, and cities have been sacked into dust before declaring the people of Rish into slavery, which benefits Thalsborld. Sooner or later, Gatia and their kingdom got sacked afterward as well.

The news has spread out throughout the Kingdoms of Eglas. Many of them tremble in fear, distress, worried, and agitation since they realize that going to war against each other's throats will not solve the problem of facing Thalsborld. Nubergen has become very powerful; its economy can meet Ausani and its king. They plan to conquer Lakia, Bostria, and Ausani, the old name of Hermania. The reason why it's called Ausani is that the king's name is Ausani. Each dynasty of Hermania has continuously changed its name throughout each different kings and dynasties. King Ausani sees the threat coming as the other kings from Bostria and Lakia are well aware of King Thalsborld. Eglas has sent a message to send allied troops to help and aid their seas from the protection against Thalsborld and his mighty armies that roam like a ghost in the oceans. They come and go, really quick along with their siege ships.

About those plants in Nubergen, they have come quite handy for wood-rubber. The quality of that wood is like rubber; yet, they are tougher and thicker than the rubber itself.

"Ensarrö Issarh!" is what they cry out in battle. It means, "commence battle," in Nubergen in the tongue of Rokien. The difference between Rokien and Nubarr is their language. In Nubarr, when they battle, they say, "Ensatha Unsarr." Nubarr is the south tribe, while the Rokien is the northern tribe of Nubergen.

"Åbya ögsath!" as they fired their siege ship. It means, "open fire," in Nubergen. They slingshot giant, fiery boulders from their boats to siege the two castles of Wierneldale. The allied troops see the new technology in firsthand what the Rokien has. Hermania and Viens are now afraid of what King Thalsborld will do to them next if Eglas falls into their hands. They cannot let Eglas fall because that will give the enemy the advantage of gold to buy more mercenaries in their hands.

The king of Eglas and his name is Jeros Calawis. After he hears the terrible news of Wierneldale, the docks and trades has been sack to dust. He knows that this will cause devastation in their economy. Their payment for allied terms is coming soon to an end. Hermania will withdraw their troops soon as they will be worried about protecting their plan, lands, and interests. King Jeros, the last king in the confederate of Eglas, is trying to make peace with King Thalsborld. His reply is to give them the gold and women since that is his interest. The gold is native to the lands of Eglas. Gatia and Rish don't have them since they only have silver and bronze coins.

King Jeros decides to require more information on how to defeat them.

King Thalsborld had sent spies and envoys to Eglas when they surrounded their island with their siege ships. When Eglas's troops dug in in burrow grounds, they have made trenches all around the coast. It's as if this is like WWII on Earth, where the Germans are invading other nations at that time. It only exists in that world. However, the only difference between those two times is that this is the medieval period of Tyrenkia in the Continent of Theununia. King Jeros has kept their gold hidden since they have stashed them in the mountains. He secretly sends the gold to their allies to make sure their contract stays firm.

The King of Viens also supported King Jeros with military supplies. To counter Thalsborld's ship, Vien has also sent their spies and enjoys obtaining this plant from Nubergen. For three long years, these plants can grow fast and mature to a ripe age. King Jeros buys those plants from Viens before the information goes out there. King Thalsborld hears this later about Eglas, obtaining their fine woods. He soon later finds out that there are spies and traitors among his people. One by one, he snuffs them out.

King Jeros, however, also has traitors on his side. His wife, the queen of Eglas, suspects that his wife might be a traitor to the Kingdoms of Eglas. She is the first person to be suspicious that he has in mind. Her whereabouts are becoming quite off as she strolls down to a secret place out in the night, meeting someone in torn and raggy robes. He later finds out that she is not a traitor since she has strange people with strange abilities to serve under her. His wife only marries him for the protection of her strange people with strange powers. He comes to a belief that he might've married a woman that is sent by God himself. With her abilities, he summons a knight to protect the nation. This knight is not an ordinary knight. He has superpowers, unlike any others. With one swift of his fist, parts of a person's body fly off in pieces. This knight's name is Jaxon Corrièm. King Jeros calls him, "Jaxon, the Crimson Knight."

Jaxon, a handsome lad, born in the farmlands where sheep and goats are raised, Jaxon serves no other than his queen and Father Vorshaal. King Jeros doesn't know who is Vorshaal in a straightforward matter; however, he only assumes that this wise man is trying to help him for a moment. Jaxon, the Crimson Knight, is wearing red armor to show Eglas's toughness and fearsome might to scare King Thalsborld. They tested their siege ships before the Crimson Knight, who stands on the coast of Eglas, jumped far and high before smashing into Thalsborld's fleet. He uses his fist first before using his giant dual blade. Then jumps onto another one and destroys the entire fleet in a matter of thirty minutes. He steals one of the ships to sail home and reports to the King of Eglas and his queen that this is their chance of victory. Everyone hailed his name, "Jaxon, the fearsome knight and protector of Eglas." The entire crowd in the capital celebrated his name while the king invited him to marry one of his daughters. Jaxon accepted the gift, choosing the most beautiful daughter before they wed themselves.

King Jeros has found some suspicion among his people. The only trust that he has left is his queen and her people. The queen also smells many traitors among the ranks. They are working for King Thalsborld, returning information to him. About twenty of them in the ranks are executed by the king himself and the queen before calling these perpetrators, "Stupid Eglatian who sold their people for Nubergen!"

The general, old with white hair, says, "I have served my king; however, I don't serve freaks that come from the devil himself. He has married to a witch which I have seen it in my eyes." The crowd faces the queen and the king since the military general is the last to stand in the execution.

"She is not my queen," he declared. "Why are we protecting her and her people?"

"Do you not see that I have protected your people?" shouted Jaxon in protest by showing his evidence to the military general, who is a bigot. "If it isn't for me who protected your people by scaring Thalsborld's armies, Eglas will have been the same fate with Rish and Gatia. Do you wish for Amersham City to be sacked in fire, metal, stones, and arrows?"

The military general dare not say anything except, "Your ancestors are born in the devil's blood!"

The entire crowd looks upon each other. Although, Jaxon and the military general are correct in their ways of pointing things out. The people of Eglas have witnessed a new threat who isn't Tyrenkian; yet, these strange people are dying to be exposed and recognize that they are real. They needed them; however, after dealing with Thalsborld's armies, a familiar whisper comes by in the crowd at the execution sight. What can we do to defeat these beings who aren't Tyrenkians; yet, they look like us? Can we trust them among us?

"This is the day I will mark my words for all of you to remember," said the military general. "You don't play with the devil, demons, angels, and God, or else...the fall of Eglas will soon come to an end."

The military general who served all of his life died on that day from his betrayal. He allows the Thalsborld's armies to come in and raid many villages when they are lingering closer to the capital. Other military ranks in Eglas start to betray the king because he trusts his queen and her people more than his people. However, the king and his attention are not to favor. He is trying to save both of them at the best he can. Many others see jealousy among the ranks; even though they are Eglatians, some don't consider them Eglatians. Racism has come in between the wars of Thalsborld's armies.

Eglatians have claimed and saved the two kingdoms in the third year before restoring order and protection from King Thalsborld. King Jeros and his wife have a son. The child's name is Clyde Calawis. Many others still see her as a witch; however, what's funny is that she goes out to preach in the name of God. They did question her strange powers—only a few will ask not to be rude. Popes and bishops see her as a saint and message of God. Others in the Christian community don't! They see her as a witch. She can read minds...that is what they say.

When King Thalsborld's armies grow weaker day by day, they are getting tired of invading the Kingdoms of Eglas. King Jeros's plan is to exhaust them out. He still has his gold since his allied troops have benefited themselves from this war. Before the third year ends, King Thalsborld pulls something like the last straw. He hears stories of strange people with strange gifts. He dreams of becoming one of them as he sees a sign from one of their gods. He speaks to a creature in the dark, and the creature's name is Futor Liar. With his bargain with this creature, the creature in the dark tells him to invade the capital by dressing one of Eglatian's people one last time.

Futor said, "Go into the capital city of Amersham. Have a fake head of your head to be mounted on a pike. By doing this so, you will be able to kill King Jeros and his wife."

"What creature or gods are you?" said King Thalsborld, questioning the creature's physique. He is scared of how Futor looks like.

"I have many names; however, I don't give out my real name. Call me what you want. I prefer it that way." Then goes back to the original message, "If you do go to the capital city of Eglas, I will reward you by making you a god. The Old Gods will smile upon you for your victory."

On that day, King Thalsborld accepted the bargain.

The celebration begins when they invited the gift and didn't hear the truthful news; Eglatians invited the fake heroes who fake the entire story about the assassination of King Thalsborld. It's almost like accepting the Trojan horse without the actual Trojan horse. It's the fake head of Thalsborld. Right when the fake heroes enter the crowd, the queen notices that something is odd. She can't even read these heroes and their thoughts; she finds them quite suspicious. The fake heroes suddenly turn into real monsters before killing everyone at King Jeros's castle. The queen runs with her newborn child. She runs off with her husband as many knights died before them. King Jeros, who finally knows Vorshaal and his identity, keeps the secret to himself. He will die with that secret since he now knows that this war is much bigger than his puny war between Thalsborld. The king and his Crimson Knight stand together to barge the door to protect the queen and her child. The king is honored to die with Crimson Knight. Jaxon returns the favor back to the king as well since it's a compliment. Together, they slaughter and fight many creatures that didn't look like Tyrenkians. They look mutated and sometimes...demonic.

The queen fled down the secret stairs by herself, wounded while holding her baby. She hears telepathically that her husband is dead in action. She mourns and mourns while running. By the time she reaches a small riverbank, she is far away from the capital city. Then she falls to the ground on her back, putting her baby to dryland; a giant green dome blasted the entire capital city of Amersham. It's so bright that it's even more luminous than ten suns. The green light lasted for only a minute before it vacuumed itself.

"My husband; my king," she mourns. She weeps loudly before hearing someone appearing in the bushes.

With the alertness, she uses her abilities to detect who it is. She notices it's a man with rag robes. It's not Vorshaal, but the servant of Vorshaal. She knows who he is. It's Yoban Stray.


Reports about Thalsborld and Eglas, Thalsborld suddenly disappears back at his homeland of Nubergen. Eglas and Nubergen have lost 1/3 of their population that suddenly went missing. People tell stories about King Thalsborld being still alive; however, he's no longer a Tyrenkian but a beast. The people of Nubergen always talk about 'The Tales of the Snow' is about the beast. The beast is none other than Thalsborld. He's the sole survivor of the 1/3 disappearance; yet, nobody knows how he has come to look like that. Many others says, "Eh, that's fake...and he is fake!" Other reports in the modern-day say that he is real.


To this day, many historians and scholars don't really know if these supernatural people are real. They can confirm the disappearance and strange anomalies reported in Amersham City to have abnormal readings off the chart. No scientists in the 29th century have ever solved this case. What remains is the mystery.

October 13, 2021 00:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.