Escape Room - Escape The Party

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write about a reluctant party-goer who ends up being the star of the show.... view prompt

4 comments

Adventure Mystery

It is just a normal day for the world, but not for you. You have just been given a letter that may change your life, you are a bit scared but you know you can’t hold back. People need you… There has been a mysterious report that an entire house fill of party goers have vanished and it’s up to you to save them. Here is the letter that you were sent yesterday;


You have been invited to a party! That is if you can call it a party now… Please come fast, all the guests have vanished and we need your help! We know you are a bit reluctant to go but you have to! 

Thanks! 


P.S. When you get there, start in the basement!


You are going to do an escape room to save everyone. There will be 9 different rooms to go to. Each room will contain a number, at the end you will place the numbers in the code. Make sure to place them in order.


Ok, are you ready for your escape room?


Room Map: 1-Kitchen, 2-disco, 3-dining room, 4-spa, 5-trap door, 6-attic, 7-basement, 8-lounge, 9-garden. 


7 The Basement


You walk down the basement and shiver, all the party gear is sitting on the floor. You see a piece of paper on the floor and walk over to read it. It reads:


A-! B-@ C-# D-% E-^ F-& G-* H-( I-) - J-?

K-; L-/ M-” N-+ O-_ P-{ Q-} R-[ S-] T-\ U- . W-< X-> Y-= Z-a


example- () \(^[^- hi there


#_%^ +.”@^[ 5 


) *[_< {/!+\]




2 Disco


Code number 9 is on the door, you begin to record when you notice more words next to it. ‘You got here by a letter a letter you still need… retrace your steps.’ Maybe you should go back to that letter…



6 Attic


The attic is small and cramped up, it should be easy to find clues in here. However, all you find is the code number 1…



5 Trap Door


You climb down the trap door and your body shakes with excitement, you are nearly there. When you reach the bottom you see the code number 0 but your attention is drawn to the pin code at down the tunnel. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. You enter the code and a secret lock opens up, and there in front of you are all the party goers. You are a star! Well done in your mission, we will put you on a new one soon…



1 Kitchen


You walk through the kitchen spotting the number 46 on your way in. There is a riddle on the table and it looks easy enough; ‘Despite my name I don’t catch anything.’


8 Lounge


The lounge is silent, you want to leave fast. The code letter 12 is on the floor, you are a step closer to the top of this…


3 Dining room


You enter the dining room slowly, something doesn’t seem right. The number 8 has been scrapped into a table. You notice a game next to the number:


Basement, Dining Room, Disco, Trapdoor, Garden, Spa, Attic, Lounge, Kitchen.


Word Search


agebcjrlotrapdoortehdbnchdputhfjsgbncgardenytkgjdndhf

tedfhjrnfmgjrjdtyfjsowqlaksmcndjeirufjritmzcgedsftpuoias

tbasementthrydjsmvdksithewsapotuyngliympshrmfaercshr

itgdndiscohtloungeetgdjsijrnfvjhiktprofjrdnshdnedjfmfktr

cffndmfdiningroomudnhcnfhshkitchendhfjednffhdnfskmt 



9 Garden 


The Garden is fading fast, all the plants are dropping down to the floor. The gardener clearly has gone missing too. The number 2 is sitting on the ground and you write it down. You see another piece of paper and study it closely.

Daisy

Ice plant

Needle palm

Ivy 

Natal plum

Garlic

Raspberry

Onion

Oak tree

Melon



4 Spa


The spa is cold as ice, you spot the number 11 on the floor. You then see an equation next to it. 


😄+😄=8 

8+😄=😎

😎-😵=😵

🤠-8= 2

🤠-😵-😄+😎-🤠=____


Basement= 4 dining room=8 Disco=2 Trapdoor= 6 Garden= 10 Spa=20 attic=5 Lounge= 3 Kitchen=9





************************************************************

Answers

************************************************************

Basement


The basement is a code, once it is decoded it says ‘I grow plants’ so you go to the garden.


Garden


The list in the garden spells ‘Dining Room’ when you look down the first letter in each word.


Dining Room


The word search in the dining room contains all the words but Spa, so you go there.


Spa


The answer to the equation is 2 and the Disco has 2 next to it.


Disco


You go back to the letter you got at the start and will find some underlined letters. They spell lounge.


Lounge


This one is a bit unclear but it means the attic because that’s the top of the house not like the basement at the bottom.


Attic


Number 1 is a code number but it is also the number of kitchen is the room map.


Kitchen


The answer to the riddle is trapdoor and that is also the only room left.


Trapdoor/code


The code is; 5, 2, 8, 11, 9, 12, 1, 46, 0

************************************************************



May 09, 2021 02:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Ed .
08:15 May 09, 2021

YAY! I escaped. (Finally!) Good Job! I hope you write more escape room books. They are really fun:)

Reply

Chase .
08:18 May 09, 2021

Thanks! :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Amanda Fox
18:58 May 17, 2021

Creative and fun to solve!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Arwen Dove
08:51 May 09, 2021

This is such a creative take on the prompt! I love the idea of an escape room, and can't wait to do more! Just a note, some of the clues were really unclear and confusing, and didn't really connect much with the answer, so maybe go back and clarify a few things like that. Overall, great job! I answered everything correctly, though it took me awhile ;) Amazing story, Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.