0 comments

General

He slammed the door shut and walked to his driver seat and started his car with the sirens on we were out of there. He kept talking and whisking his burly arms in the air. I don't have the foggiest idea what he was talking about. All that I could see was mist and the slippery road that he kept angling the car on. Pedestrians kept walking and not even paying attention to us. He kept asking, "Why did you do it?" in my mind, I kept wondering what on earth was he talking about. As we were leaving, I recalled seeing a tow truck pulling a car. Is that what he was talking about? Whose car was that anyway? Why is he talking to me? He is a cop. Cops arrest criminals. What was me in for? My brain was puddled and I had no idea what was happening to me then.

We walked with his arm around as he directed me to the precinct. A line of similar-looking cops and many unkempt victims stood around answering vague questions from no-it-all cops.

"Name!" the cops kept asking their respective victims. "Name!" I could tell that there were very many reasons why someone would not recall their names there and tan. Who are these beefcakes? "The law?" Actually, they are the law. "Name!: step aside Sir, dis way Sir?"

By the time I was done wif him I had to wait for my Attorney to show up but in the meantime they needed--- Information.

The fact of the matter is something happened and somehow it involved me. I was wif code blue and he needed some information------.

Well, here I was in the 'interrogation room.' with some dumb fuck asking me questions. He walks to me with a chair. "Sit down."

"Sit down. I said."

I sit down wif my head down. and my legs apart, I look at this dumb fuck and think "Who the fuck is he?"

In walks his partner and both sist and stare at me. I wonder if this is for real. His partner is some short guy wif a bald head sort of like the guy on Taxi. I love that show. In he walks and he offers me a cigarette. I think to myself that I haven't done anything that the hell is happening.

So they all sit down.

"Hey, where were you last night?"

"Out, last night what do you mean? I was out." I said.

"Did you smoke crack cocaine last night?"

"No, I smoked mandrax, what's it to you?" I said

"Did you drive drunk last night? Hmm did ya?"

"I don't know, I want my Lawyer," I said

"Where did you get the car?"

"What car? wat are you talking about? Are you crazy?" I said.

"You drove a stolen car last night and you were in an accident."

"What accident?"

"You drove into a trash bin on the back of a bar where the low lives like you hung out. You hit somebody and they are laid stiff in a hospital coz of you. Remember that?"

"I drove a car, A car lost its breaks and ran into a dumpster where a homeless guy was sleeping. I summoned, yes I summoned someone to call the police, and me rushed back home. I was not in a bar."

"You drove over a guy and almost killed him. We are going to need some tests so that we can check how high were you last night or how drunk were you last night."

"Again, I said, I want my Attorney, what are you dumbo?" I said

His partner got us and summoned a lady who looked like she was a clerk but in fact, she was a policewoman. I need a call to the judge we are having a problem here he wants his Lawyer. See who is scheduled for today. Assign him an attorney."

"Will do, Sir."

"hey, my partner says that you want a Lawyer. You will have a Lawyer in the meantime we kneed to no..."

"Are you aware that there is a dead body in the car that you were driving?"

"Wooh Park hit the breaks and put it on park, park. I know nothing about a dead body what car are you referring to. The car was on my driveway, I don't own that car. I need a smoke." I said

"The car that you walked out of after smashing the bar and driving away had a dead body inside."

"Was it here when I drove it or did someone put it there after I smashed the bar. I don't know man, Was it the homeless guy or some bozo off the street. I was at my house and I drove to my friends, we hung out and we had some mandrax and I returned back home. While trying to go back home I smashed my car wow there was a homeless guy, me no coz he got us and told me to move my car. I tried to drive the breaks did not work. their, case closed. Oh, I walked home." I said.

"No, you did not walk home. You passed out in the backyard. Someone called us coz they were worried that you were injured. You refused to go to the hospital. We need to take your blood so that we have your blood alcohol level etc. etc. How does that make you feel?"

"It makes me feel like shit because I have no idea why you are talking to me. Plus I told you I only did mandrax.. No, I won't take a test or give you my blood wait until my lawyer gets here." I said

"So you mean to tell us that you did not kill that man in you're car?"

"I mean to tell you that I do not know what the fuck you are talking about. you better get your facts straight, I am waiting for my lawyer and me have nothing further to say to you. Can I wait elsewhere?" I said.

"Alright man, come over here. Wait here an attorney has been contacted. We will be with you as soon."

I walked away wondering what was happening. Wif a throbbing headache and a foggy mind, I needed a bandage on my arm. I was bleeding. Those beefcakes did not even bother to dress my wound. I looked on the window and the reflection of my face was frightening. I looked scruffy unkempt and bothersome. Maybe I was the homeless guy





August 01, 2020 01:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.