0 comments

Drama Friendship Romance

True love

“Nisha, you can sit on this bike. Rohit is not going to school today. He has taken school left, so I asked him for his bike.”, Vijay said smiling while stopping the bike moving on the road near Nisha.

 Nisha was scared for a minute after hearing the loud stop of the bike near her. Seeing Vijay sitting on the bike, scolding him she said, "Crazy, scared me. I don't want to come with you on the bike. I am getting late for school. It would have been better if you would have liked to read too, aunty would not have complained to my mother, you're always. Saying this Nisha started walking fast.

“Don't worry about my mother, I'll take care of everything. Well, you tell this first, will you go to Rohit's birthday party ? ”, said while slowly driving the bike at the same speed as she was.

 "You think my mother will let me go in the evening and that too for the birthday party of that new boy who came to school.", Nisha said looking at Vijay.

 “Ohh , your mother. . Should I demand Rohit to bring you the exam paper set of class XII?" Vijay said with a smile.

 "No, I will manage everything, but tell me one thing, can you ask me for that paper set for a day?", Nisha spoke to Vijay to prepare his subject well.

 "For your sake." Vijay murmured softly and then said "But only on one condition that you will also come with me to Rohit's birthday party?", Vijay said with hope.

 A gentleman who was behind them scold because of their attitude in mid road. Nisha said sorry to him and gave him side to go.

 "Vijay, what should I tell you why I don't want to come to his party?" ,saying and Nashi started looking at the gentleman going on the cycle in front.

“Hey, you know him, he is rich but we never see the pride of his richness. Anyway, he praised you insisted I bring you with me too."

 "He asked you to bring me with you? He couldn't tell me.", Nisha also murmured saying that once he would have told me….”

 Both of them did not know when they reached school while talking. Seeing Rohit standing among friends at the school door, Vijay stoped it.

Nisha was quietly going inside the school gate in front of everyone, Rohit called her, "Nisha, wait."

 Hearing his call, Nisha stopped as if waiting for his call.

"Nisha, tomorrow is my birthday. In the evening, a party of school friends is kept at home. You have to come too. Will you ?”, said Rohit, looking into Nisha's eyes.

 "I'll try it." ,saying this Nisha hurriedly went inside the gate.

 Rohit smiling again started talking among all the his friends.

Returning home from school, Nisha would go into the house from the door when Vijay made a sound from behind.

 "Wait Nisha, won't you leave tomorrow?" Vijay started asking again.

“Vijay, let me tell you one thing that the first mother has to be persuaded. Even I want to tell you frankly that then Rohit is rich, so I do not have such a dress that I can wear there.”, Nisha said softly with embarrassment.

As soon as Nisha said this, Vijay first became sad to see the sadness on her face and then said chirping, “It is just such a thing. Hey, I will order an online dress for you tomorrow morning only. You stay here for two minutes, I will bring the mobile. Now take the dress of your choice to wear there. Saying that Vijay went to his own house built in the neighbourhood without waiting for Nisha's reply.

Now within five minutes, he came running from home with his mobile and opened the online shopping site in front of Nisha and said, "Come on, now you choose the expensive dress of your choice."

Seeing her looking at the expensive dress from the site instantly on the mobile, Nisha laughed and said, "Crazy, can I buy such an expensive dress? I don't even ask mom to see the conditions of the house and this dress!

Seeing Nisha's dismounted face, now Vijay said with a victorious smile, "Hey, we don't pay for it. This is online shopping Nisha, if you don't like the dress then we can return it. Anyway, if you like the dress and wear it to the birthday party, then you will return disliking it.

 Nisha could not deny her words while looking at the beautiful dress in the mobile and wishing to go to Rohit's birthday party in her mind. After listening to her words, now she started seeing the dress on the mobile.

 "Crazy, I've given you the right name. Hey, this is cheating.", while thinking something, he gently hit Vijay's head with her hand.

"Do you like it or should I? Look, I am giving the address of my house, so you should also keep in mind that as soon as you or I will come running to both of ours doors, to see if the dress delivery person has come. Is it okay?”, saying Vijay, choosing the expensive dress of his choice, ordered it to be bought.

Both of them went to their homes but as soon as the door was heard, both of them would run to the courtyard. Then, not seeing the wrapped item, he would return smiling.

Nisha was a little scared that all these things might be known in the house, but she was happy from the heart that Rohit's birthday party is about to go. For that Rohit, on whom every girl in the class was attracted but Rohit used to talk to her only because she was the topper in every class till now.

Today this night became longest night for her waiting a arrival dress. She though again call Vijay for sake please bring sunrise soon.

Next day she got up early and went to terrace to watch sunrises for whose waiting she spolited her night and study too.

In these days of school, while talking about studies, sometimes Nisha and Rohit both of them were attracted towards each other in the passion of showing excellence in their studies. both of them knew that there was some special between them that's why Nisha was eager for the expensive dress to come today. When did it come and she wear it to show Rohit?

 "Anyone? I have brought the goods.", Vijay ran out as soon as the sound came in the house, then Nisha also ran from the neighbourhood and came to the courtyard.

Taking the dress from the deliveryman, Vijay went to the house and handed over the dress to Nisha standing across the middle wall.

Nisha, standing with a school bag in her hand, put the dress in the bag and went inside the house praising Vijay and herself.

After everyone slept at night, Nisha woke up quietly and took the dress out of the packing very carefully and wore it. She started looking at herself in the mirror. The moment she remembered Rohit, her face turned as pink as her pink dress.

Hearing the sound from the room, Nisha hurriedly changed clothes and returned to the room and slept quietly after taking care of the dress.

The next day Nisha told her mother early in the morning that all the friends would party in the evening because this year is the last year of school days and then all will be college. After listening to her, her mother could not refuse her educated daughter.

 Today school didn't even look like school.All the people of this class XII were waiting for the evening as we have to go to the party in the evening. Rohit had gone to see Kuldevi with his parents, so he did not come to school, but he had given the responsibility to Vijay bringing everyone in the evening.

In the evening, Nisha put the online delivered dress into her beg and weared normal suit she left the house and said her mother to go .

Here Vijay was standing outside the locality with the Rohit’s bike.

 "Hey, Nisha, didn't you wear that Cinderella dress?", Vijay said angrily to her.

 "No, mad, mummy doesn't know everything. You have brought Rohit's bike again today." Nisha said looking at Rohit's bike with loving eyes.

“Rohit has given for you that I should drop you home on time at night.”, Vijay started getting happy seeing the bike and said, “Nisha, when I will start earning then I will buy such bike first.”

 Nisha kept looking at his bike love for five minutes then said angrily, "Come on now. Where should I change my dress?"

"Come on, you change the dress in the guise behind the Shiva temple and I will sit outside and watch but don't take too long time." ,saying that he started the bike. Nisha hurriedly sat back and both went to the temple.

Sitting outside the temple, Vijay waited for Nisha to change her dress. When Nisha came carrying the dress that had been taken off. Here Vijay, forgetting the thought of getting angry when she came late, kept looking at her and seeing her dressed up in that Cinderella-like dress. Now Nisha came closer and started scolding him, "Come on now, what a long dress. Now hold my hand and get down the stairs or else both of them will have to go home. ”, saying, while packing the removed dress, she handed over the bag of the dress to Vijay.

Holding Nisha's hand with her bag in the other hand, he came down the stairs of the temple and before leaving the temple, he turned once to see the Shiva family sitting in the temple and folded his hands. While starting the bike, Vijay said to Nisha, who was lost in her dreams, "Nisha, you are not afraid to change clothes here ?"

 Saying “ You are sitting here to care for me so….”, Nisha began to fix her Cinderella gown with her hands.

Hearing him, Vijay smiled and increased the speed of the bike, then Nisha sitting behind started scolding him for slowing down the bike.

Suddenly she remembered something and she started asking Vijay to stop the bike.

When Vijay stopped the bike by applying the brakes, Nisha said to him, "Vijay, I forgot to buy a birthday gift for Rohit in the affair of this gown."

Seeing him upset, Vijay took out a birthday gift pack box from his pocket and handed it to her which was he brought for Rohit.

Taking it now Nisha said to him, "Now you?"

"You do not worry. Friends don't have a gift." Saying, Vijay restarted the bike and turned towards the road to Rohit's house.

When both reached Rohit's royal house, all the school friends had already come there. Everyone was shocked to see Nisha looking beautiful with Vijay.

Now two groups were formed among everyone, one for the boys and the other for the girls, but everyone's attention was only on Nisha.

The voice of anyone in the group of boys has also heard that is the birthday of Rohit or Nisha?

 Nisha smiled to herself thinking that what does it matter.

Rohit is very happy today because one Nisha has come to his party. In this evening special among them Rohit and Nisha who were closest to each other even though they were far away.

 At nine o'clock in the night, Rohit's mother and father also came among everyone. After enjoying his mother advised him to sent his friends off by giving return gifts.

In the end, when Rohit and Nisha started leaving, Rohit's mother came close to Nisha and started looking at Rohit . Then she though something then put her hand on face of her with love

He gave Nisha a bouquet of beautiful flowers made of paper that he had taken in her hand.

“Come on, Nisha , we are getting late now. Your mother will scold you.” , shaking the bike key, Vijay came out of the lawn and then came on the road. Seeing him going out, Nisha also turned and looked at Rohit then came running out on the road with her bag.

 Rohit also came to see them off, then Vijay started looking at the beautiful bouquet in Nisha's hands and Rohit's bungalow there, Nisha started seeing Rohit.

 “Go, be late.” Hearing the voice of Rohit’s mother, Vijay started riding the bike.

 Nisha was sitting on the bike but was still lost in the memories of Rohit's party with her heart and mind that suddenly the lower part of her gown got wrapped in the tire of the bike. The balance of the bike got disturbed and both of them fell on the road.

 Despite the injury, Vijay stood up quickly and started lifting Nisha by resting the bike on the stand. Nisha woke up groaning and started crying seeing that part of the gown torn with black spots.

 "Hey, don't you worry about this dress? See, your hand is hurt. Take this handkerchief of mine and tie it on your hand.”, saying Vijay took out the handkerchief from his jeans and gave it to him.

Nisha started looking at Vijay with a handkerchief, then went ahead and started tying a handkerchief on the injury in his hand.

"Hey.....", as soon as Vijay spoke, she put her hand on Vijay's face.

"Come on now.", saying Nisha started sweeping the soil on the gown and hands.

"Vijay, tell me now that the temple must have been closed, then where will I change it?”, Nisha said holding her bag.

On the other side of the road, Vijay said, showing the bushes a little farther, "There".

 Nisha, looking at the bushes she told him to be aware and went there with a bag in hand.

 Angrily, Vijay rested the bike on the stand and sat down with his back towards the bush.

Both of them went towards the house but the bouquet made of beautiful paper flowers was left on the road.

Both came home but Vijay's sleep had disappeared, from where would he give five thousand rupees for this torn Cinderella gown. He was stated thinking that two days ago, I had brought five thousand rupees for this dress from the bungalow aunty built outside the locality that in return he would teach his children and after three or four days he would say that he would teach after the board exams but now? Thinking till morning, it was decided that honesty is that I will teach children and for my studies, I have the whole night to study.

The exam board's timetable has arrived from school and the study holidays have also started before the exam. All the students of the school got busy preparing for their good future and along with the preparations for the examination but here Vijay started teaching both the children of those small classes four to six honestly.

 Nisha got a little restless seeing Vijay leaving the house at 3.30 pm and coming home by seven in the evening and not studying. Along with her studies, whenever she remembered that torn gown, she would panic. Today she thought that I will ask Vijay about that gown and also why is he wasting time despite being so smart of studies, so I will scold her.

Vijay was walking out of the house on foot in the scorching sun at 3.30 o'clock in the day when Nisha also started walking behind him with his feet silently buried behind him. Vijay went to that bungalow as usual to teach the children. When he came out after completing tution without knowing that someone was following him he walked to his house. Nisha drenched in sweat and then she called him. Hearing his voice, Vijay looked back and was shocked.

 "you ?"

"Vijay, you are really mad." ,saying this and Nisha started crying bitterly.

Seeing her Vijay said, " I have told you that I will manage do I am doing my duty. Come on, let's go home now. You bathed in sweat. Now walk ." Seeing her, Vijay spoke and Nisha smiled.

Both of them reached home while talking with a smile and started going to their homes. Nisha stood in the courtyard and saw Vijay going to his house, when Vijay looked back, Nisha smiled and said, "Thank you".

 Saying "Always", Vijay went to his house.

Tonight there was movement on both sides of the wall in the houses. Nisha was reading books openly that she was groping her and Vijay's relationship from their childhood to till now.

She started thinking that Rohit had come new in the tenth class because of the transfer of his father. He looked smart and he attracted everyone from his performances in class. She though that what she thought about Rohit was not love but it was just in fluctuations. And love was that when she changed clothes not only behind the temple but also in the dark bushes at night. She started wondering if Vijay knew what I learned today. She quietly went to the terrace as soon as everyone slept in the house and slowly called Vijay.

 At his very first sound, Vijay went to the terrace from below.

 "So you have called.", Vijay said with a smile.

 "I have one thing to tell you.", Nisha said.

 "Don't say, I know. You know I knew this feeling when you were getting attracted to Rohit. But I knew that you too will know one day.”, Vijay said, looking into Nisha's eyes in the light coming from the street lights even in the dark.

“Vijay, one more thing to say that you should give me that gown. I want to take care of it because of it knew your love for me.” , saying Nisha, as soon as she raised her hand to hold Vijay's hand, the flower pot kept on the wall of the roof fell.

A voice came from the house, "Who is on the roof.”

Now both of them started walking towards the stairs of their respective houses by pointing to each other that Vijay plucked a flower from the pot kept there and gave it to Nisha.

“Will this flower?" When Vijay spoke, Nisha said, "Yes, only it will." and ran towards the stairs to go down.

June 21, 2021 05:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.