0 comments

Crime Gay

Red drops pooling by the rusty drain.

White freezer wiring in the background is almost inaudible.

Sound escaping dry, cracked lips filling the void behind my ears, eyes, and smile.

The warmth radiating from her skin, splitting under the metal line that I draw with my hands.

Pale skin only getting paler in the basement of the house I say is my home.

The home that I share with my obsession.

During my college classes, I fantasize about Elliot and what ill do to him. Not just Elliot but the girls I collect. This week I have a particularly interesting girl who I’m sure will please Elliot. However, I have to prepare her, so I set aside all other plans for this week.

The woman screams she won’t shut up. I yell at her to shut up, but it only makes it worse. She needs to be quiet before he returns. She is chained to a metal loop that’s connected to a cement block.

“Quiet down. If you don’t shut up ill, have to kill you, and nobody wants that, do we?”

She immediately returns to her former silence and looks at the ground sniffling, and her chest is pounding outward with every scream and cry she tries to hold in. The air is full of fear and the smell of iron. I shovel a spoonful of porridge into her mouth, and she chokes on it and spits it out. I hit her. I hit her hard and once again carve another chunk out of her fine oh so perfect skin. She screams again, and I warn her one last time. I place her meat in the freezer for later. After she quiets for the last time I shove a shirt in her mouth and tape it there, pick up the spoon, bowl, and knife, and walk towards the stairwell. I rush into my bedroom and quickly change into pajamas and mess my hair up a bit to make it look like I’ve been lazy all day. He knocks on my door, making my heart race.

“Asher, are you in there? I’m home!” He said this softly as to not wake me up in case I was sleeping like he usually does.

I answer the door swiftly and step out with a smile.

“Yes, Elliot, I’m home and waiting for the return of my best friend,” I say jokingly.

Elliot is my obsession.

I want him to be mine.

Oh, and that girl in the basement is his crush.

Spoiler I’m going to kill her soon.

“Let me make some dinner. You go relax.” I say heading down to the basement.

The woman is shaking pleading with me not to hurt her with her eyes. I open the freezer and pull out two skinned slabs of her thigh or as far as Elliot knows it's just beef. I head to the kitchen and get started on dinner. Starting a pot of boiling water I throw in some fresh green beans with a little salt. After that, I rub her meat in creole and garlic powder then go outside and throw her on the grill. The scent that immediately fills my nostrils is unique only to human flesh. This makes me smile. After everything is done and I've plated the meal we sit down together in the dining room.

I wait until Elliot takes a bite.

“This is delicious! I forgot how good it was. We should eat this more often unless it's too expensive. It tastes expensive.”

“Mhm. I agree.”

I like to watch him eat. He looks happy and he never complains about what I make him. I like to watch him sleep too. His face is just the same. He doesn't breathe heavily or snore. I watch him almost every night.

“I'm finished ill go have a shower now OK?”

“Yeah go ahead ill shower after you. I think ill have an early night in tonight.”

I stand from the tab, collect my plate, placing it in the sink, and I head to the shower. I run the water hot. Too hot. I like it to burn me. I feel happy when it does and for a moment I feel peace. Once I'm in the shower I hear a swift knock on the door and Elliot comes in. “I'm going to brush my teeth real quick.” He announces. I don't respond as to not give away my reaction to his voice. His words ricochet through my body and I spring to life. It’s hard not to pull him into the shower and take him here and now but sooI’llll get what I want. Soon he heaves, and I climb out of the shower and rush to my room. I almost lost control today.

The following day Elliot is already out of the house when I wake up. There is a note on my bedside table to meet him at the pizza place near the school at 11:30 am for lunch. I have about 20 minutes before I have to be out the door. I quickly pull on a pair of blue jeans a white t-shirt, and I rush to catch my first class. When the end of my first class of the day arrives, I remember I forgot to feed the girl in the basement. She will probably be hungry. I must go and feed her. I text Elliot that I have to stop home before meeting him for lunch before leaving school. There isn’t a response from Elliot on the ride home, but I just brush it off. He’s probably just too busy to answer right now.

When I pull into the driveway, Elliot’s car is in the driveway. The hood is still hot, so he’s just arrived home. He’s not supposed to be home right now. Why is he here? The steps leading to the house are covered in groceries like someone threw them down and then ran. The front door is cracked open, and suddenly my nerves tense. My breathing hitches at the thought of Elliot being harmed. Running into the house, everything seems normal. Everything is where it belongs, no disturbances whatsoever. I check the whole house looking for Elliot, and once again, my plan to feed the bitch is interrupted. He’s nowhere to be found. There is only one more place to look. I pray silently that he doesn’t know about me.

Below my feet, I know she’s there just where I left her, but if Elliot has found her, he now knows about me. What do I do? The basement door is closed but not locked. I stop before entering and take a deep breath, my mind running circles. What if? I reach for the handle and open the door, letting myself into the stairwell of the basement. I can hear shuffling down there. I reach the bottom of the stairs and turning around the corner; the girl is on the floor whimpering. I turn to the corner behind me, and standing there is Elliot staring at me in horror.

His eyes filled with tears, and his face was the palest I’ve ever seen it. All I wanted to do was feed this girl, and he’s gone and burdened me with the task of having to take care of her and him. What do I do? I take a step towards him, and he takes a step to the side. He doesn’t want me to be near him?

“Elliot, It’s fine. Come here.” I say without giving him time to think; I take two giant steps and in wrapped around him. 

That’s all for now!!

To be continued…

July 27, 2021 18:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.