0 comments

General

“Hi Uncle, can you just pass the magazine next to you,” Amelia asked the person sitting next to her. The man who was in his fifties, passed the magazine which was next to him. “Thank you Sir,” said Amelia. She took the book and then just move through the book with a frown on her face. “Oh, God cant these people keep some useful magazines, these are useless” She just threw the book and heaved hard. “Oh, its so boring here, I need to wait hours together for my turn”. “What’s your problem kid”, asked the man next to Amelia. Uncle, You don’t know what I’m going through, I get horrifying bad dreams which really scare me, I’m not able to sleep properly past many weeks”. I came here to consult this doc who is the best in psychiatry so that I could get some peaceful sleep.”

“uff” sighed the senior, “I too have the same type problem child , I am experiencing sleepless nights past many years and I want to get some peaceful sleep” Both laughed aloud but their laughter was not genuine it had a deep sorrow within.  Hi Uncle, I’m Amelia, doing my bachelors degree in Kane university”. The senior smiled, but did not respond. “Uncle, speak up, please introduce you, so that we can kill time until the doctor arrives”.  

“Oh, Hi I’m Robin Augustus, I own a firm. “ “Great Uncle you own a firm, what kind of business is yours”, enquired Kane. “It’s a real estate business”, replied Robin.   Kane was pulling him to conversation but Robin was not interested in chatting. He was in his own world. He was suffering from Insomnia a sleep disorder for which he required treatment. He was a bit annoyed about Kane blabbering around. Yet he didn’t say a word against it.

“You know Uncle I have not slept past many weeks yet I’m lively, because I just want to live my life with active spirits”, said Kane . Though he didn’t want to converse Robin spoke “From when do you have the problem”? “You know Uncle, I was very healthy until my school days, but all of a sudden I started getting horrifying nightmares as if someone is attacking me and doing wrong things with me. I feel so dirty that I wake up at night and wash myself, I don’t understand the reason for this, and hence I have come here for consultation”. “Oh, God that’s really bad”.  “Yes, my parents are also worried about this but they couldn’t accompany me because they are always busy”. “What are parents doing, “asked Robin. “They are in some corporate business, busy bees, they are always engrossed in their work, they don’t even have time for their own child” sighed Kane. “I can understand, even I couldn’t give much care for my children but their mother was always with them in their younger days”.  “I can understand Uncle these business people never have time for their kids”.

They chatted hours together about their interest’s hobbies, studies and their family. Within a few hours they had become good friends.  The doctor has not turned up yet, I’ll just enquire why he is so late “.Robin just got up and walked up to the reception. As he walking a tiny little three year old girl accidently barged on him. He just halted with a shock screaming,” Go away, don’t come close me, I’m a devil in a human form”. The child was flabbergasted by scream she started crying and ran to her mother. Everyone out there was dumbstruck by the sudden hustle. Kane just rushed in “What’s wrong with you Uncle Robin, Are you ok, it’s just a child, why did scream and what were you blabbering”. “Oh, that’s nothing, I just hate small kids especially girls”.  He was shaking, his legs were trembling.

After a few minutes the doctor arrived. Everyone out there allowed Robin to visit the doctor first as they were tensed by his yelling over a small child. When Robin entered the consultation room the doctor made him sit and asked,” Yes, Sir Can you tell me what your problem is.” “I just heard you created havoc a few minutes ago, my assistant told me, why you yelled at a small child”. All of sudden Robin broke down, “Doctor, I m a devil in a human form, it’s an incident which occurred in my life which irks me whenever I see a small girl child”. “That unforgettable incident  has ruined my sleep forever.

It so happened that I was travelling in a train and I was completely addicted to alcohol. I had boozed a lot and I was out of my senses. There was a family of four next to my compartment . As there no room for all three of them they wanted the younger girl to sleep next to my berth. I accepted their request and made the child sleep next to my berth. I m a good man , but whenever I drink I lose my senses. I just don’t know what went wrong with me, I molested the child” so saying he broke down.

Robin started screaming , “I’m a devil in the form of human”, I tortured a small child, how could I do it, I want to die” “ I am not able to sleep past many years , whenever I close my eyes the face of the small child disturbs me”. “Doctor please help me out to relieve from this torture”

“Look Robin, you were out of your senses when you did that heinous sin. And now you are repenting for it. It’s a true change in your nature that you have not touched alcohol from then onwards , it means the small girl has taught to walk in a noble path. Hence don’t repent for the past its over nothing can be done now . Now you have a new life and stop thinking about that incident and move on”.

Robin was relieved by the doctor’s words he bid good bye to the doctor with a prescription in his hand which read “ You are a human not devil, humans are ought to make mistakes and repenting is the best punishment for your sin”.  Robin looked back and smiled “ Thank you doctor for your advice, maybe I will get some sleep today”. As Robin was exiting , Doctor said,” And one more thing you need to know the girl who sat next you is the same child whom you tortured physically, and her name is Kane” . Robin fell down with a shock . There was lot of hustle in the clinic. Robin slept peacefully on the bed a long sleep forever. He had a massive heart attack.

July 10, 2020 17:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.