Middle School Madness

Written in response to: Format your story in the style of diary entries.... view prompt

6 comments

Drama Fantasy Middle School

March 14, 2022

Thursday

11:05

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of middle school! I'm really excited. Even though there's going to be bullies and cute boys that want nothing to do with me. But I have a secret that you'll find out. Until next time.

P.S.I'm scared!

I was finally at school! Well I might as well get some friends. I walked to my locker to see a girl standing right next to one that had my name on it. I politely asked her what her name was. She shoved me out of the way and said go away. So I lightly squeezed past her to my locker. When I opened my locker I found a note from another girl, Her name was Emma. The note said to meet her at the rooftop. She listed some of her traits so it would be easy to find her. So I left and I was off to the rooftop.

I finally got there after a long time of looking for the stairs. I found Emma instantly. Hi I said You must be Emma. Yep she said. What's your name? I'm Meghan, and why did you want to meet me at the rooftop? I need to teach you who you should stay away from. I'm also going to give you a tour. First she took me to the other side of the rooftop. We saw the girl that shoved me and told me to go away. That is Marissa. Her dad is rich and shes a brat so don't mess with her. She can suspend you with her daddy's money! Next she took me back downstairs. This is Kyle hes one of the bad boys that girls drool over. Be careful hes a player. I stopped her then said has any one ever stood up to Marissa? The thought just occurred to me. She looked at me as if id asked a dumb question. Then I had an idea.

I walked back up the stairs but before I got to Marissa I ducked beneath the stairs. I had activated my power and my power was getting in peoples heads. Maybe it would work on Marissa. So I walked up to Emma and said Hey don't you think Marissa is a jerk? I said loud enough so everyone could hear. What did you say punk? As Marissa walked toward me. I said YOUR A JERK! As soon as I said it everyone stepped back. I knew a fight was brewing. But I had an unknown guardian. She lunged at me and I wrapped my foot around hers and tripped her. She fell but got back up. This time she was using her guardian. But her guardian wasn't nearly as strong as mine. So I brought out my Guardian. She gasped then stepped back. I-i Forfeit she said. The crowd gasped and laughed and murmured. She was Scared of me.

I put my Guardian away and jumped off the balcony but I had wings and could fly so it was a quick way to escape. I flew to the first floor and found Emma. She quickly said. You need to come with me Meghan. Then I passed out. I woke up the next day to find myself at Emma's house but Emma wasn't Emma. It was like she was her guardian. She told me people could transform into their guardians. Meghan she said. You have a very powerful guardian. You can transform into her by thinking about what you love most. I thought about it. Then I closed my eyes. When I opened them I felt powerful. I decided I would be popular but not for me for others. I would find ways to kick bullies out of my school. My first step was to find out who had a bully. So I went to school the next day and asked everyone I knew. There were two people that had a bully and sure enough they were Marissa and Kyle. Well the person that I asked about a bully said no but she was dating Kyle. So I figured I'd break them up. Because Kyle is a player. First i headed and found Marissa. Then i went up to her and said. Marissa if you don't stop bullying people you'll regret it! What are you going to do about it she replied. She must have forgotten who my guardian was. I asked her if she wanted to fight, the loser leaves the school I said. Deal she said. I transformed into my guardian. She transformed into hers. I got into her head and made her believe everything I said. Finally I got on top of her and told her to tap out. She did. Without anyone saying a word she got up and left. Next I went down to the main floor. I found Kyle and told him if he didn't stop playing people that I would find a way to kick him out of the school. He replied with " Ha. Do you think i'm going to listen to you?" I tried to pull out my guardian but instead my body traveled into my head. My guardian said I'm so sorry Meghan! I'm not strong enough Kyle is also an unknown guardian. I stopped then said. Kyle come with me. I grabbed an injection i had in my pocket and made him sleep. I brought him to Emma's house then pulled out a book on Emma's shelf. What are you doing. I'm looking for the mixed guardian book. I finally found it, flipped to a page and suddenly my thoughts hit me. My body traveled back to my head and my guardian said she made a mistake he was a mixed guardian.

March 16, 2022

Saturday

10:57

Dear Diary,

I found out Kyle is a mixed guardian. He has dark and light powers. He has to be stopped. I just need to make the perfect plan to transfer his powers into the power containing capsule. This wasn't going to be easy. Until next time.

March 31, 2022 17:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

6 comments

Megan Phillips
00:18 Apr 02, 2022

Depending on how old you are you may enjoy The Land Of Stories series by Chris Colfer.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Megan Phillips
11:43 Apr 01, 2022

Thank you! My thoughts take over sometimes. Sometimes I really struggle to keep it making sense and interesting.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Bradon L
00:06 Apr 01, 2022

This was really creative and interesting! Fantasy writing is something I really struggle with, so props to you. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Reply

Megan Phillips
22:34 Nov 14, 2022

Hows the writing going?

Reply

Bradon L
03:47 Nov 17, 2022

I haven’t been writing much lately. I’ll probably start up again soon though, since it’s getting colder.

Reply

Megan Phillips
22:30 Dec 01, 2022

Me either im trying to start but cant get any inspiration. My cousin just died so i'm on edge

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.