General: You are the only one in the supermarket during a blizzard . Feeling creeped out , you decide to leave when suddenly you find a baby abandoned on the floor.

Submitted into Contest #52 in response to: You are the only one in the supermarket during a blizzard. Feeling creeped out, you decide to leave, when suddenly you find a baby abandoned on the floor.... view prompt

0 comments

General

Weekly Writing Prompts

Prince De-Grant Brempong

Tel.0575086991

Email: princedegrant32@gmail.com

Email:princedegrant37@gmail.com

You are the only one in the supermarket during a blizzard . Feeling creeped out ,you decide to leave when suddenly you find a baby abandoned on the floor.

My story is entitled Prince and the abandoned baby.

One Friday I was left alone in the supermarket at Shoprite to make sales.

During a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences of visitors and customers in the supermarket I found a baby abandoned in the shop with a note written on it that says "Take care of this baby for children are our future leaders."

As for me the day in the supermarket had been a blizzard moment.I was really shocked but I had nothing to do instead I informed my family about the abandoned baby including my wife.The best alternative decision I took was to look after the baby with my wife until the baby was an Adult.

My wife and I were not the legal parents of that baby we were rather the foster parents of that baby. We reported this issue to the Police if they could help us find the parents of that baby.

Efforts of the Police in finding the legal parents of the abandoned baby came to no avail. The Police gave an advice that such issues of abandoned babies could also be sent to the Children's Home.

We had no other alternative but to Report the issue of the abandoned baby to the Children's Home.

The Children's Home took our particulars and adviced us that since we were not the legal parents for the child we can not then leave the baby in the Children's Home. Instead they advised us to act as legal parents for the child that is the abandoned baby.

The Children's Home promised us frequent visits , with an allowance and a stipend. They also promised to support us until the baby reaches Adulthood and completes his education.

My wife and I had no other alternative but to act as foster parents for that baby. I realised both babies and children are often afraid to tell a grown-up something.they do not mind talking about it to any youngster,because youngsters are childish.

We organized a naming ceremony for the abandoned baby and named him Moses as biblically mentioned in the Bible. My wife and I looked after the baby . In his childhood I sent the baby to a very good school where he had distinction.

He later furthered his education to a good Secondary school in the Central Region called Adisadel College.My kids and the baby also attended the same school. I treated all of them as my own kids and looked after them until they completed Secondary School.

After Secondary School , my kids and the abandoned baby had the opportunity to attend University in the United States of America on a scholarship. My kids and Moses the abandoned baby came out in flying colours in their TOEFL and SAT exams.

Due to this reason they were given free scholarship to study overseas in the United States of America.

I only paid for their flight to the United States of America,where my two kids and the abandoned baby Moses had the opportunity to study .

They also believed that America was a land of opportunity and plenty.

My kids attended Yale University and New York University whilst the abandoned baby Moses attended Harvard University.

The abandoned baby Moses completed his education at Harvard University and became a medical doctor earning about $10,000 dollars a month.

After University the abandoned baby ,Moses became a legal resident person in the United States of America ,he was given a Green card to work in the United States of America to earn a living.

Although I was not the legal parent of Moses the abandoned baby ,but the foster parent , he sent home a few dollars ,bought for me lands and houses. Moses the abandoned baby , now in Adulthood looked after me.

Later I informed Moses that I was not his biological father but rather his foster parent and the issue of how I got to find him missing and hidden in my shop when he was a baby.

Despite the fact of looking after my kids I looked after Moses the abandoned baby too.

Later when he got to know that I was his foster parent ,he thanked me so much for looking after him till Adulthood. Moses the abandoned baby helped me expand in my business as an entrepreneur.

However, Moses the abandoned baby helped me travel overseas to the United States of America to visit him.

The abandoned baby , Moses in the United States of America helped me secure my Green card that I became permanent resident in the United States of America. Moses also helped me to get a job in the United States of America and provided me with accommodation. My kids also helped me a lot. I was always proud of Moses because he put a smile on my face in my old age.

There are some instances where Moses the abandoned child sent money and presents to my wife freely on special occasions.

Also apart from the fact that he had a career as a medical doctor ,we had no other option but to establish his own church in the United States of America.

This was because his foster parents were Christians and his name was biblically in the Bible.

Moses the abandoned baby also established his own church in the United States of America and became an entrepreneur.

Moses helped the poor and vulnerable both financially and in education.

The abandoned child Moses taught his friends about the skills involved in making more money.

Moses like my kids grew up into Adulthood and married a White lady in the United States of America.

Finally,I will conclude that Tomorrow is not always promised. It is believed that children are our future leaders so they should be looked after for them to become better leaders of our society like Moses the abandoned baby.

He often times preaches in his own church ,as an entrepreneur and urges all Christians to love one another.

Moses the abandoned baby has a Charity Foundation that helps the poor and needy together with the vulnerable of our society.

July 29, 2020 17:35

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.