2 comments

General

Monday

February 21, 2019

 

Dear Dairy,

                  I am sick of it, everything. I just have too much work to do, too many stresses and my boss yelled at me again today, I just can’t concentrate on anything. I feel depressed. My boss gave me another hour-long lecture that I needed to pay more attention to my work or he was going to fire me. I didn’t wanna get fired but I couldn’t help but just not care. My whole day is just sitting at a desk for hours and hours, although this job was what I wanted, but I couldn't enjoy it. Anyways, later today I saw a magazine tucked under the pile of folders on my desk. As I was going through the pages of the magazine, I saw something exciting, A very cheap trip to Peru, A lifetime opportunity. But as I was doing at work my boss would never give me off. So I could just forget about that. 


Wednesday

March 20, 2019

 

Dear Dairy,

                  So I got fired today. Great! Just Awesome! Anything else God! I said looking up at the sky. I went stomping all the way home. When I got home, I realized I had forgotten my keys! Ahhhh! What is wrong with me? I slammed my head to the door and fell to the floor. I started balling my eyes out. Then I got up and ran back to the office, got my keys and came back home opened the door, ran inside my room and jumped on the bed and cried some more. 


Friday

March 23, 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                  Since there was nothing to do I thought about cleaning up my closet. As I was taking things out I saw a page tucked at the back. I pulled it out and remembered looking at this page before, it was a cheap offer to go to Peru on a week trip. Yes! I said and jumped to get my phone. I  dialed right away. I booked the ticket and started to pack up. My flight was on April 8. I was off on a long awaited trip. A way to break free.





Friday

April 9 , 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                  We had landed in Peru, as I was walking out of the airport it was like I was breaking free from all the chains holding me back. A car was there to pick me up from the airport to take me to the hotel. I thought that their hosting was exquisite compared to the fact that this all cost such a low amount. 

  I got all cozy in the soft blanket of the hotel, it was so beautiful. The scenery of the mountains was so different, something I could never imagine before. I opened the window, fresh air came in,  it was so clean and cool. I felt like I was in heaven. I looked down from the window. There were cherry blossom trees all around and a river with clear blue water was flowing by. There were dark green mountains at the back and the sky was a bright blue. I felt so happy from inside, I enjoyed every moment of it. Suddenly I forgot about all my past, all the hazards in the future, I stayed in the present and it was amazing. 

                      

Saturday

April 10 , 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                  I took a hot bath and got ready for today. For today I decided to enjoy my day by the river side. I grabbed a blanket, my bag and left. I walked through the beautiful lane of cherry blossom trees. The wind was blowing and the pink petals were falling all around, it was such an ecstatic scene, I think it had been permanently printed in my memory. I placed my blanket on the bright green grass by the river and sat down, the water in the river was flowing smoothly. It was so soothing to watch it go from one side to the other.


The birds were singing their spring songs, flowers were all around me, for once I felt like I had nothing to worry about. After a while I rolled my tights up my ankle and placed my feet in the river, the slightly cool water felt like I was at a luxury spa. Well it was nature’s luxury, I guess. I was having so much fun that I didn’t keep track of time and when I checked my phone again it had been six hours since I had been here! I watched the sunset and put my sandals back on, grabbed my blanket and got up to leave. 





Sunday

April 11 , 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                  The first activity in the package was a walk in the forest by a tour guide. Which I was very excited about. I have alway had a thing for animals. I got a coat on since it was windy today. The hotel staff gave us pretty much everything we needed, for the walk. I actually felt kinda guilty for paying so less for all of this. There were a group of people, about eight to ten, I think. We started off by learning about different birds. Then, we saw animals like deers, Hare, moose, etc. I saw so many bunnies hopping by. Everyone was paying attention to the tour guide, talking about the animals, but I was paying attention to the animals themselves, they were so different and so Unique. God had created all of this, it was Beautiful! 


As I was hopping through the woods, when I saw a deer. It was stuck in the bushes, I ran towards it but it seemed more scared of me than a lion. So I thought I needed a different approach. I ran to our tour guide, told him about the deer, he immediately called for help. Well it was a long process, in the end the deer was freed. Which I was very happy about, it made me so happy to help it although I just watched the Animal help crew take it out, it still counts though. As soon as we went back to the hotel, I went straight to my room and slept. I was so exhausted! God I had never walked so much. 

                      

Monday

April 12 , 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                  Our second activity on the package was a hike up the mountains, so I went with the tour group going up the mountain. I got all geared up and we started our hike. As I walked upwards, I saw great things. On this trip I had learnt so much! When we reached almost half way up, the tour guide stopped us, and said we won’t go further and go back to the hotel since it was about to get dark. We stopped there for a while to rest and also for people to enjoy the view. I stepped near the edge. I could see the whole view, the beauty was unexplainable. The wind was wild, it made my hair flow rapidly. I thought to myself I couldn’t have even enjoyed the present if I hadn’t broken free from the chains of fear of the past, hazards of the future that had always held me back. Well now I had broken free and I was back to me again, like a child with no worries, I was free.  

                  


Monday

April 17 , 2019


Dear Dairy, 

                   I was back home, I called my boss and talked to him. He said he will give a trial for one week to check if I had gotten better. I was so happy! I knew I would nail it and my boss will hire me back! Everything was great because I had just changed one thing in my life. From now on, what has happened has happened, I am not going to think about the past to make myself sad, but hope better for the future. I was going to worry about the future anymore, afraid of what was going to happen to me. I am going to enjoy the moment I have. 


Not afraid of yesterday, Not gonna be scared for tomorrow, I am going to live today, the best way I can. 


Remember, Only past can make you sad and only the future can scare you so forget them both and enjoy the present you have because who knows if we even have a tomorrow.



April 08, 2020 21:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Gracie Jean
17:32 Apr 16, 2020

Nice story! It would be awesome if you keep practicing and posted more stories on Reedsy. Keep up the good work!

Reply

Sabeen Ahmed
14:21 Apr 17, 2020

Thanks so much! I do need a lot of practice :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.