Dinner for Two?

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Write a story where a meal or dinner goes horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Gay Mystery Sad

TW: homophobia

"Meet me at Don La Ru at 6:00 pm we need to talk." I looked at my phone in shock. Why did my ex-boyfriend want to meet me after 6 months and at my favourite restaurant too? This was very strange to me and what did we need to talk about that it couldn't be executed over text. I didn't bother to reply because I didn't want to speak but I will be attending, it has been a while since I ate quality foods.

I left work wondering what I was going to wear, was I going to be sexy or dressed appropriately, should I show him what he can no longer have, or go as if I'm not even interested in looking good for him. Why was I nervous to meet this man? I just spent the past few months trying to forget about him. What was he going to wear? Will he wear his hair in curls as I love to see, and lovely colourful shirt just to make sure we matched somehow. This feeling is taking me by surprise and I love surprises.

I stopped at my favourite cologne shop to get the perfume he always loved on my body, 'Coconut Body Stain' we both loved this one, he would always make funny comments towards it and it always made me laugh my panties right off. Why was I trying to impress this man, do I still hold his love in my heart? He loved me so perfectly, it made my soul smile the brightest. His words were always music to my ears, I could hear him speaking now with his deep voice, I could feel the smirk in my soul coming out.

It was almost that time and I know how much he hates when I am late so I tried my best to not be too late, but I was still unsure of what to wear. What kind of talk was this? I rather look my best regardless so I chose a long blue dress that fits my curves like a glove, high slight showing just enough legs to make any man stare, laced up at the back showing my new tattoo. I felt so sexy if I didn't leave with him I was leaving with somebody tonight. Couldn't decide on heels or flats but I went with the obvious choice.

5:30 pm I just finished putting on my makeup and dress, comb my hair in a low bun so it wouldn't take away from the face . I looked at my legs so smooth and shiny as I laced up my heels with my 10 white toes. I looked like money. Sprayed my perfume two sprits on the wrist none on the neck in case he wanted to taste me. Got my little gold bag to match my accessories and went on my way to see what this man had to say to me.

I arrived and didn't see his car in sight. Did this man stand me up after I got so excited, I knew it was too good to be true. Typical men always trying to play women. I was furious, thoughts ran through my head like a midfielder. Did he even mean to text me or was that supposed to be for another girl? Why was he taking a girl to my favourite place? Men can be so disgusting sometimes. I was livid. I decided to text one of my friends because it made no sense to waste my ensembles ,might as well let somebody appreciate it.

"You up?" I couldn't believe I was being so desperate I hadn't spoken to Ashard in weeks, he was most likely moved on in life. Fuck it I am going home and call it a night, stupid of me to think this man would ever change, stupid of me to think Ashard still cares for me after I ghosted him to 'work on myself.'

I pulled out of the parking lot and was on my journey home, with my music on all listening to 'Summer Walker: Girls Need Love Too.' I was in the most bitter mood when my phone rang. Of course, it was Caleb calling, after he made a complete idiot out of me. "Hi" in the most bitter tone. "You are never on time, how far are you?" said Caleb. "I am right around the corner, almost there," I said in the most excited voice ever. That call was music to my ears, I knew he couldn't stand me up, our love was one of a kind.

I got back to the restaurant and parked right next to his car. I was glad he was inside and seated that way he could see me walking in. I entered the restaurant and heads were turning. I spotted him and yes it was everything I expected. Hair curled and it longer now, black and blue shirt, he even looked stronger now. He definitely caught my attention, I was smiling from ear to ear. He saw me and our energies immediately matched. His eyes glued to my body, I was loving the attention, I was walking on clouds.

"Good night Caiya!" he said to which I replied, "Good night Caleb!". "You smell like a day at the beach," he said. I just giggled, I knew exactly what I was doing but I didn't want him to think he had me in a trans so I told him let's discuss what we had to and get this over with, but I didn't want to leave, I could stay here forever. He agreed and said lets order first then we would speak. I knew exactly what I wanted and I was even more amazed that he remembered and ordered for me. This man was on to something tonight but I was loving every minute of it. He cracked jokes while we waited, spoke a little about how life has been, the conversation was amazing.

The food came it almost smelt as good as me, I was ready to dig in. He immediately started speaking about what he actually came for. I was patiently waiting for him to ask me to be his girlfriend again. This man was so romantic I am glad he didn't do this over text like other boys. It showed that he had become a man and I was ready to have this man in my life again. I couldn't stop smiling and he couldn't either, the mood the environment everything was just right. What a perfect story to tell our children.

"I am gay!" said the man of my dreams as he shattered my heart into a million pieces. How could he be gay he was so manly. He hadn't become a man, he became a girl. This can't be my life. I was speechless, stumbling to find the words but it was lost. He bowed his head as tears trickled down my face. What was I to say? Congratulations? Was I that bad I made a man decide he didn't want girls anymore? I couldn't even finish my food my stomach was sick. It could have been anybody else, why was it the man that I loved? Whose sins was I paying for? He could have easily texted me this or kept it from me. I got up, wiped my hands and told him to enjoy his night and the balance of his life. I never felt this hurt in my entire life.

"Yes! do you want to come over?" replied Ashard. "Sorry I really need to work on myself!"

June 28, 2021 06:19

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.