2 comments

Fiction Romance Funny

"Get your lazy ass up Ruby or you will be late for your wedding . God! what am I supposed to do with her !"

3

2

1,

the door of my room opens with a bang , so ladies and gentlemen let me present you my dear mother her face mirroring an expression of shock and surprise .

Yes surprise, because I had been late to many important events of my life like my graduation and many more, but here I am all showered and ready to go to the venue.

Oh ! wait did I introduce myself ? alright I have short term memory loss just kidding . As its an important day of my life so I am just excited and nervous .Okay enough with my rambling.

Hi , am Ruberia Ann Collins , graduate with forensic biology degree ,soon-to-be- 25 and as you know the Bride .

Everything is just perfect my dress, cake , venue, food ,its like a dream come true .

Not to mention my groom , love of my life. Never in my wild dreams have I thought to find someone like him , someone who would love me more than himself , someone who would comprise his dream for me.

Can you believe it ? even I was speechless ! I still clearly remember that day.

On 18 January as I returned home form another "interesting day " I saw him , Nicholas James Kingston, sitting on one of the love seat deep in thoughts with an envelop sitting at the coffee table opposite to him.

" what's wrong ?" I ask as I approach him. He gives me a small smile and motion towards the envelop for me to read.

Taking a deep breath I open and read the letter with neutral expression which soon morphs into into wide grin but as realization dawns upon me the smile slowly starts to falter but I refuse to show him my sadness knowing its really a best offer and he deserves it . With a heavy heart and as much as I can I plastered a sweet smile on my face and look up to meet his eyes which are already fixed on my face trying to gauge my expression . His eyes shining with unshed tears as he waits for my response .

To say I was upset would be an understatement because I was feeling an tsunami of emotions . The moment I read the letter I knew we would be over since I won't stop him from pursuing his dream, I love him so much to be selfish but my heart is not agreeing.

All I want to do is scream "Don't go ! Don't leave me" but all I say is "Congratulations , you deserve this. Accept this offer" , knowing very well that this weren't the words he wanted to hear , knowing very well that my heart was broken.

" I haven't decide yet ,love . I have a day for decision ."

" Please don't Nick. Accept it ,its for your best go chase your dream."

" Ann I haven't decided give me some time " he pleads . I nod my head allowing tears to fall and hug him as my life depends on it , well my life in a kind surely did!

I place my head on his shoulder as he tenderly strokes my hair and soon sleep takes over me .

I woke up on my bed feeling more tired and drained. Sitting up on my bed I found a note form Nick saying he will call me when he had made his decision ! This led to new stream of tears.

After 2 to 3 more hours of self wallowing I decided to complete my remaining work.

And I do just that trying to keep myself busy doing chores of house but my mind refuses to think anything else other than Nick and as hard as I try not to cry my tears just can't seems to stop.

With each passing second am becoming a mess cursing myself and Nick for making me dependent on him so much that I can't help and be selfish .

After waiting for almost 12 hours , which wasn't easy cause trust me these hours felt like months and every time my phone buzz I become a nervous freak , my door bell ringed startling a bit I opened the door to find my neighbor's 12 year old daughter smiling shyly at me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers in her hand.

She offers me flowers which surprised me, yet I accept it as she drags me towards the terrace of our building . I silently follow behind her but as soon as we reach I gasp seeing it beautifully decorated with lights and petals and Him in the center looking good as well as nervous .

Wait nervous , Is he seriously breaking up with me in a such a romantic setup ! I wanna punch him !!

But he surprise me again when he pulls me and we start swaying to soft music , God knows from where its playing .

I close my eyes trying to memorize each moment and a sad smile grace my lips as music comes to an end .

I open my eyes to find him on one knee with a ring , I was taken back by his position , he clears his throat and says " You are more important to me than that job .You complete me and my happiness lies with you . So will you Ruberia Ann Collins do me a favor of being officially mine....."

I don't even let him complete his sentence as I start repeating "yes" over and over again . I surely would have looked like mad women with tears falling but smiling broadly .

And this moment I realized we were destined to be and will forever me together .

"You may kiss the bride ". I was pulled out of my revivery by priest's voice .

So here I am standing at alter in front of my Nick saying my vows and promises.

The ceremony is over in a blur and now we are heading towards our home to start a new chapter of life thus our happily ever after...

Though that was the day I felt as a never ending one but the wait was worth it !!!

by AMZ

June 24, 2021 11:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Andrea Magee
12:48 Aug 19, 2021

Sweet story.

Reply

Alviya Meenam Z
09:25 Aug 21, 2021

Thank you :-D

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.