0 comments

General

A small shop was set at the corner of the farmer’s market. It got enough business to stay afloat, but earned little profit. The two women sold small plants. Bright flowers, cute cacti, and more. They enjoyed this extra bit of cash, but more so enjoyed seeing people take their little plants home. Occasionally, a customer would return for another plant. But the women knew it wasn’t because the other plant had wilted, it was because they wanted another. The women’s plants don’t die, no matter the conditions they’re in. A simple spell, really, keeping small plants alive for decades.


Years and years passed, no one knew about the spell. The women didn’t tell anyone, and why should they? They’re keeping their plants alive. So the little witch women sat in their shop in the corner of the farmer’s market, and sold their plants. Time went on, and they got more customers. People would buy two or three plants at a time. The witches eventually started casting protection spells on the plants. They enjoyed seeing customers come back, after all. 


Years after they started their shop, a young girl came up to them. She was grinning from ear to ear, and handed the women a dollar and some cents.


“For my mommy!” She pointed to a small, blue flower. Though the girl didn’t have enough money, the women gave her the plant anyway. They slipped a small stone in the dirt, for extra protection, and gave it to the girl. She thanked them and ran off.


The shop stood for decades, but the women never aged. They stayed there with their little shop of plants, and watched the world go by. They watched people age and grow old. Some customers came by with their grandchildren, and they bought bright plants. Some came by and told them how their plant still looks like the day they got it. The women would smile and laugh, knowing that was true. 


Some people asked these women how they don’t age. They never gave their secret. They never told how they were witches.They just smiled and laughed and continued to sell their enchanted plants.

December 12, 2019 13:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.