My story is entitled Why Tortoise had a crushed shell on an uninhabited island.

Written in response to: Write a story told from the point of view of an animal.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Why Tortoise had a crushed shell on an uninhabited island.


Once upon a time , there lived tortoise on an uninhabited island.

A tortoise is a slow-moving animal with a shell into which it can pull its head and legs.

Around the world tortoise can be seen as a symbol of wisdom and knowledge, and he is able to defend himself. Tortoise can be regarded as personifying water, the moon, the Earth, time, immortality, and fertility.

It was Tortoise who lived on the island for about three hundred years.

Tortoises are reptiles that have a large shell on their back for protection. Unlike other turtles, tortoises live almost exclusively on land, whilst most turtles are aquatic, meaning they live primarily in water. Most tortoises are herbivores, and they live in diverse habitats across the world.

Tortoise was by then grateful for his escape his situation was known as the most dreadful one of all time.

Tortoise eats vegetables, fruits, plants, and fungi in the wild forest.


The tortoise is an auspicious symbol in many cultures and is believed to bring good health, longevity and good luck. Tortoises are considered celestial animals and in both, Chinese and Hindu mythology, they are known to be very important.

Tortoise taught us a lively, concise journey through western philosophy that explores the lives of major philosophers, their ideas, and how their thinking continues to influence our lives today on earth.

The moral of the tortoise is that it is very slow and always steady but always wins the race at all times.

Tortoises eat leaves, grasses, fungi, and vegetables for most of their meals. Many species of tortoise are primarily herbivorous, but others were omnivorous.

Tortoise does have a life span to more than 150years. Some tortoise also live up to 500 years before they even die.

Also Tortoise often lives in its shell as mentioned and noted by most biologist and scientist on this earth.

One of the worlds oldest tortoise Jonathan lived for 190years and just recently celebrated its 190th birthday on earth as elaborated from CNN News. Tortoise is from the family Testudinidae, is a reptilian vertebrate that lives exclusively on land and in water. Also Tortoise is known as land turtles.


As can be noted when the night drew near the tortoise began to consider what would be his fate if there were any fierce and hungry wild animals in the forest for the night is the time when they always come out looking out for their prey in the forest.

As can be noted the only plan that came to my mind was to climb up into a bushy tree , where the tortoise resolved to sit all night.

During the next day tortoise considered the fact that death was inevitable since he might die in the forest.

Again Tortoise saw and showed no possibility of life on earth. Also Tortoise walked a short way inland to see whether he could find any other fresh water to drink which the tortoise did to his great joy.

Also having drunk the water tortoise put a little tobacco within his mouth to prevent him from hunger, so that he will no go hungry.


In addition , Tortoise climbed up the tree and tried to place himself in such a position that he might not fall. Tortoise motive was was to place all knowledge on top of the tree so that animals will learn to acquire knowledge and wisdom.

There Tortoise unawares fell exactly from the tree and got his shell at his back broken into pieces when he hit the ground.

After tortoise later fix hi shell back but there still remain some scars of remembrance which shows why tortoise had a separated and crushed shell on his back.


As the night almost drew near , Tortoise began to consider what would be his fate whether there were any fierce and hungry wild animal within the forest.

Also with the tortoise night was the time when they always come out looking for their prey.

The only plan for Tortoise after his shell got broken was to climb up into a thick bushy tree where the Tortoise then resolved to sit all night.

During the next day tortoise took a short thick stick for his defence and then settled himself.

Also since the tortoise was quiet tired out by the events of the day ,tortoise fall almost fast asleep and slept more comfortably than many other could have possibly imagined.

As I almost awoke it was midnight. The weather was good and the storm was over so the sea was calm. Actually what surprised Tortoise was that in the night the rising tide had lifted off the ship from the sand bank.

Again Tortoise laid not far from the rock which he had mentioned , where he was so badly hurt by being thrown against it.

There tortoise stood a mile from where he was on the shore as the ship seemed to be upright, tortoise thought that he should always go on board so that he might have some necessary things for his use.

Also Tortoise then found the sea to be very calm and the tide had gone so far out that he could walk within a mile in the ship.

Then Tortoise felt sad again for he saw clearly that if they had all stayed clearly on board they might have been safe.

Again Tortoise could have got on shore safely and should not have been left alone miserable as he was now in the forest.

Tortoise play an important role in germinating seeds, as well as in thinning out and opening up new areas of ground for different types of vegetation to grow. Without the giant tortoises constantly changing the environment, a few fast-growing plant species could dominate a much less biodiverse ecosystem.


Finally tears was forced from Tortoise eyes and again he was crying and wailing but there was nothing to be gained from it , tortoise was actually determined whether it would be possible to get to the ship or boat.


December 14, 2022 14:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.