0 comments

Mystery Fantasy Fiction

How long did man has an animal companion, a furry friend given an assignment to be a guard at home, a pet to be cuddled to give instructions what this pet is going to do? There are two pets commonly cared of in the household a dog or cat. Some people say these two pets are the worst enemies seldom are they friends. So in one household a Police Investigator, his name is Sgt. Polly didn't choose a dog to go with him in his investigations but he chose to bring a white cat with him named Micah. Yes, Micah is a white cat. She can be cuddled very closely when Sgt. Polly is watching TV. There she would lay back and scratch the belly of her master or she would try to reach Sgt. Polly's beard and gently play it with her paws. This would tickle Sgt. Polly and he tries to move his face away from her but Micah is a teaser. The more Sgt Polly moves away his face the more she become aggressive until Sgt. Polly stop her and press her gently to calm her. Micah will then rest herself on Sgt. Polly's lap until she gets to sleep. They will go to Sgt. Polly's room, lay her on his bed and time to rest for the day. Cats when they sleep has dreams too. Micah as a favorite pet no other else will steal the affection of her master from her. Now Micah dreamt in her sleep that she went to a far away land. How did she do that? She slid from her bed and away with her magical powers she became invisible. She left Sgt. Polly's house by air. Why? She is now a winged cat. She could fly as high as she likes and come upon a floating cloud. She flap her wings to go through the clouds and float over the clouds. Under the brightness of the sun you can see that her body is now covered with feather like a real bird But this is Micah the mystery cat. How enticing to be above the clouds when there is no rain at all and seems there will be no night too, Looking down Micah saw the great splendor of nature, the beautiful colors like a brush is painting the Earth's surface. Micah decided to fly down from high to lower athmosphere to see a closer view what she could see on the Earth's surface. Now she could see the lakes , the rivers and the ocean blue. She's been flying and felt exhaustion and she woke up from her dream. The lights in their room are no longer bright but change to the natural light from the sun coming from the glass window and thin white curtain. She tried to feel if Sgt. Polly already wake up. Yes, he is not in their bed anymore. She jump out of the bed and run as fast as she could to catch Sgt. Polly being afraid she will be left behind. She wanted to go with him to help him in his investigation of this particular case of burglary at a jewelry store. "Micah" she heard her name. "Come on, we'll be late to the office, we have a pile of things to do." She heard her Master saying as she approach him. She went to lick his foot to inform she's now with him. She was pick up and drop at her own eating table. She knows that her furs would land to her Master's food, that is gross besides it's unhealthy. She got her catfood, her favorite from the can which is fish, yes fish is her favorite catfood. She wonders why it became fish when everybody knows it is the rat that she would chase burrowing under the tree or who knows where they come from. That is her job when she is left alone to guard their house. One time she chase one rat and she was very sure to catch her but of all misfortune the rat was able to get inside her househole so there you go Micah guarded the door waiting if she ever get out. But the whole day didn't go out at all. Micah lost her food. When she finished eating Sgt. Polly summoned her to get ready by instructing her to get ready that means after she look herself in the mirror wipe all food on her face she must wait at the door for Sgt. Polly. As soon as they are ready to go she goes out and wait her master locking up their house and away they have a trip to go to his office downtown. Micah sits at the front seat of their car. While running Micah prefers to sleep, she cannot concentrate to look out of the car's window as she needs to stand and she will get tired arriving at the office. Here she will stay under the table and try not to bother Sgt. Polly unless he calls her to lay on his lap. This time Sgt. Polly gave her a unique and risky assignment, to go to the jewelry store to spy who are the burglars at that store. She has to go there on her own and no one could identify her. It is a must. She choose to use her magical power that is to become invisible so no one could identify her. She left Sgt. Polly's office after eating her lunch. With full stomach she said goodbye to her master and proceeded to her assignment, the jewelry store. It was easy for her to get into the public transportation and hid under the passenger's seat. When someone seated her tail was pressed by her shoes and she shouted out loud " Meow" . All passengers looked around but didn't see any cat shaking their head with disbelief. Where is the sound of cat's meow came from? As soon as the bus stopped to pick a passenger Micah shot run to catch another bus to reach her destination which is a big relief to her. not to be inside a bus with many people. Walking silently to the jewelry store she kept her eyes to everyone and be alert if there is a strange thing happening among the customers. She focus her eyes to a couple trying a diamond ring, maybe they will buy it as an engagement ring. Sgt. Polly is worried that many robbers will infiltrate the store to make more losses so he thought of Micah to be his spy. Why did Micah understood that she would be a spy. Sgt. Polly showed her a ring and let her understand that if the ring is not paid it is a stolen ring no receipt of payment, that's what Micah is going to do, to identify who is the stealer. Yes, the one who don' t pay. She focus her attention to the couple that seemed to do something wrong. Yes, after trying the ring on her finger the lady didn't take it off. The saleslady didn't notice that she put another ring and took the new one and slid it to her purse. Now Micah has identified the burglar. She pass her purse to another lady. Micah has to act fast or they will leave the store premises not being caught of burglary. Micah being invisible snatched the purse and shot run again and jump into an open box. If someone followed her they may not see her but only the purse. It's alright that way there was nothing loss. So Micah stayed in the box until late night. She can't go home by bus and there are no more bus trips. She tried to walk run. Nobody can see her being invisible. No one will be interested to pick up an old box seemingly blown by the wind. Micah is feeling tired now but she has to accomplish his spying mission. She keeps on walking following the route of the busses that she rode on. Soon she notice their office is coming nearer and nearer with her two laser eyes seeing the signs. She knows Sgt. Polly has gone home at passed mignight, she decided to hide until daybreak. She stayed under the stairs of the fire escape seldom use by employees. She has to go inside Sgt. Polly's office not to be notice at all. By the office window she tried to perch there until Sgt. Polly slide it and saw Micah with the old box, opened it and saw the purse. He was very delighted knowing he will be paid as a police investigator by the jewelry company with a fair amount plus bonus if he came across a syndicate of jewelry robbers. He is not mistaken when he got the proper identification of the robbers. The couple works in a big electronic company as executives then they are maybe members of a syndicate. Micah may become a hero too his partner and confidante in investigating a crime.

March 02, 2023 05:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.