Lost and found

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic story that features zombies.... view prompt

2 comments

Fantasy Science Fiction Adventure

It was a sunny afternoon naira woke up and found herself laying in the muds of the sea bed. Her mind tripped to rewire the old memories but she remembered nothing. She is still kind of drowsy and wants to sleep that was the only command given to her body. Yet she tried to outsmart her brain by staying awake and started recollecting the memories. Suddenly she noticed her forearm skin was dark green in color and some deep cuts in the feet that's still bleeding above the mud coatings. Yeah her memory started to expand like a fire ball but she couldn't able to associate that memory, there was a missing link. 

Suddenly ,Naira started crying not because of aching wounds , it was the cry of the soul that survived the great mystery. Naira somehow wanted to escape from that place since she found no one to help her and on the other end she was scared too move away. With some hope she stood up , dusted her pants and started running in the direction of her heart compass guided. On her way she witnessed a huge mountain smelled like heaven that roped her being to climb that mountain.

She climbed few miles and felt restless, so she rested in the leaf beds under a huge tree. The mild zephyr and healing herbs put her into sleep. Though she was hungry and desperate , she slept very well. 

She heard like someone is approaching her. He is tall and good looking person dressed in Orange robes very much like a saint. Then he gently sat near her and whispered ," you are here for a reason dear, don't be scared". She tried to touch that guy then realized that was a dream since she found no one near her.

Though it was a dream , it gave her some hope to climb up more curious than before. She found a beautiful waterfall and felt an urge to drink some water. Naira experienced something strange, suddenly her body felt so heavy than before , yet she ignored than sensation and tried to quench her thirst. No amount of water from the waterfall quenched her thirst. She heard voice of the small boy from distance shouting " naira! naira! , I have been waiting for you", these words sharply entered into naira's head. Naira started to shiver in fear, her knees trembled and she fell down. That pathetic voice of small boy was no joke. She could still hear the same sentence in her head as it keeps echoing with different voice modulation, yeah sometimes in adult voice, female nice and at times even voice of old people too. All her curiosity vanished after this terrific echoes of the voices from the unknown source. 

All of the sudden she felt huge amount of pressure inside her head that runs all the way from pre-frontal cortex to feet. Some higher force is commanding her to get up and move forward at the same time her mind is tripping like she is getting out of the body but then her genius scary brain makes her to think about the how she will return back to her body. That sensation lasted for a minute but it felt like nightmare. The nightmare disrupted as soon as she opened her eyes and witnessed someone waving at her. A tall girl with silky hair that touched my cheeks when she helped me to get out from that place. She got beautiful green eyes that charged my drained eyes.


Yeah, this time naira felt a real touch, a human being found her. She was so happy yet her mind deluded as if that person exist in her mind. Naira often do reality check to reassure that what she is experiencing is real and not a dream.

Naira's doubt cleared when she heard stories of that girl. 

That girl started to share her story, 

"I am Helanna , I was living in a small town with my parents. From my childhood I am interested in paranormal activities. I always wanted to learn astronomy but I didn't get enough support from my parents to do what I desire. So just like everyone I boarded in college to study psychology. "

As they continued to walk, Sun started to dim it's light and the dark danced to paint the ceiling of the sky. It was so dark to continue walking, they both were jolted by the music comes from the unknown source. They thought it's normal for the birds to sing their soul during this time. Naira felt safe when Helanna clutched her hands. 

They both slept and it was quite deep sleep for them. Naira woke up by the terrific alarm ringing" naira, we have been waiting for you". This time she heard weeping sound too. 

Naira ignored this experience to make herself feel normal. As soon as Helanna woke up they started to walk in the aim of reaching the white blanketed area to seek help. On the way they found apple trees, they had it like beast. Finally they reached their destination. They are standing few meters away from the white blanketed area. A dog waged its tail and barking at them in a friendly manner. An old lady sighed at them. That was the moment their brain jumped out to do a dance. Dopamine flushed all the insecurities they have had before.

With full of excitement they went near that old lady, she didn't even question them about anything. She simply took them to a huge pyramid shaped castle dazzling and illuminating when the sun beam showering it's rays for infinite times during the day. As they stepped in, they heard same beautiful song that they heard last night. They both nodded their head to reassure what they are experiencing is real and it's not song of the birds. It was the essence of the very place they are standing in. Everything was strangely beautiful, yet scary. That old lady took them near tall golden statue of something they couldn't able to language it. Naira's illusory mind again marched with the drum beats of the same voice ," naira! We have been waiting for you".

Naira already had an cathartic experience just by being in new place she have never had gone before. Helanna felt like they both have time-travelled beyond space and time. A strange object colored in black and grey exploded like a volcano and took human form. Naira and Helanna couldn't able to believe what their eyes witnessing. Similar objects took form in the same way. No one even uttered a word after that, naira and Helanna were just dead inside.

Helanna was so frightened and these are the words coming out of her mouth like uttering ejaculation of fear. 

Helanna says,

Homeostatic capacity of the body only fits for the human beings like us naira, but the silly truthfulness my eyes just witnessed is something beyond what the human lenses can perceive. 

I feel like the label called "human" destroyed when we entered into this huge shining Castle. We are not the same, we are something beyond the infinity.

Naira laughed out loud by hearing helanna's words. Still Helanna trying to verbalize the ineffable.

Those group of human forms trying to communicate with Helanna and naira.  

One of them uttered this, " naira, we have been waiting for you" 

Then all three said, " yes Helanna, you are correct! We are not humans". Including naira and all six of us were just souls on the long journey. We came to the planet Earth together, previously we have lived in planet Jupiter. We generally don't have body, we are form of energy that can use all the living and non-living beings just to experience our own energy in different space and time. When we first visited the earth naira deluded in the three dimensional realm without serving her purpose. 

Helanna was awe-strucked and she believed whatever they said. And she questioned what is naira's purpose?

They replied, naira is the head of us and she has to take us back to the source.

Helanna asked what you are talking about, I couldn't able to understand you.

Okay , let me tell everything in detail said one person. 

Naira replied, yeah please tell

First we are not humans! We are stream of energy. We have transcended as energy , since we have completed the purpose that was given to us as humans. We have taken million human forms in different lives. Finally we have got the great blissful liberation from the cycle of birth and death. And for the past few centuries we have been to various planets just enjoying the freedom of nothingness. 

Naira couldn't able to believe what they are saying , but Helanna was intrigued hearing this and she wants them continue the story. 

Helanna said, "continue I can't wait to listen you! "

Yeah, then one day naira wanted to visit this mountain to enjoy the aesthetic beauty of this place. So she took us altogether to this place. The strange thing about this place is gravity, this is the place where the center of gravity of earth and sun meets at same point. So its kind of tricky place because except Naira and you , rest of us were all charged by sun we are more likely to be in the same place. But naira and you are the one who are highly charged by the energy of moon. And the time we entered into this planet everything was strange and catastrophic. Yet you both left us here because of sun's energy gravitates us to stay here. Naira only have the energy to take us back since she emerged during full moon day. As soon as you left us, we noticed everything was falling apart and it seemed more like destruction of the masses. What ? What happened once you left us naira?you have to tell the rest of the story ,said one person.

Yeah but I don't remember everything exactly said naira

First I went inside a male body. The energy was a great clash and non-sync with him. So I decided to move out of his body and find a perfect body so that I can have some new experience.

But you know what? You all should be grateful for not having come with me down the mountain. Because they were facing the Apocalypse, the Apocalypse of ego, mind and body too. Everything was destroyed within fraction of seconds.I found that was so difficult since their collective energy sidelined my plans on Earth. I was gazing at all the beautiful things getting destroyed. I saw a girl running to escape from the severe cosmic collision and I tried to help her. That was the moment I decided to enter in her body, as soon as I entered her energy fluctuated and I did tried to rescue her from her flight and fright response of her being that's making her go crazy with the short term memory disruption. As I was so involved in calming body I forgot to escape from the huge hurricane that carried her body to the sea bed. I didn't realize that I left Helanna in the halfway while coming down the mountain. 

Helanna told naira that she asked her to be in the mountain. So I entered into a body of this beautiful girl but I couldn't about able to clarify what have happened after that. In confusion she asked naira," Do you remember the story I told you about myself?"

Yes, Helanna I remember it, said naira.

Do you have any idea from where that story emerged ,asked Helanna?

Naira smiled like an angel and replied , yes Helanna that was nothing but your past life story. That was your last life on Earth before being with the one. That was the life that enlightened you to be one with cosmos. Since we visited earth plane after few centuries you just entertained yourself by retrieving the memories of past life. By that time you found me and we are here now.

Now all doubts are cleared , naira at least by now will you take us back away from Earth asked one person. 

Someone else raised their voice asking why don't you all save the humanity from destruction everyone wondered and looked at each other in doubt because that sound was unfamiliar to them. Old lady tapped naira's shoulder , and it was her voice that they heard just a minute before.

With a big and bold smile naira said these words, " we are not the one who created this cosmic play , we are just the users of this cosmic creation and we don't have any control over". Yet destruction is the only way to create something new. This is all the play of the supreme. Surrender to the infinite is the only cure. And most importantly they are not their body that aches and defecates,they are " souls" that are immortal. Apocalypse won't destroy their soul granny.

The old lady was so happy to hear that from naira. 

And she said, yes naira you are correct we are here to create the new world order by the supreme. To help and heal the new evolution, I just tested you.

Who are you actually how you survived this apocalypse at this old age asked naira

Old lady replied I am the supreme ! They all realized everything and started their journey to live their new purpose.





September 25, 2020 15:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Lourenço Amorim
11:20 Oct 01, 2020

Your story has some typos that turn it hard to understand ... Keep in mind that the readers don't know what you know so they may need clarifications. Another thing, your story seems to not have any relationship with zombies, maybe you mistake the prompt you would submit. You have a lot of creativity, it's a gift.

Reply

High Jinks
01:35 Oct 02, 2020

Thank you for being honest 😇

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.