1 comment

Fantasy

Encounter with Fuzzalumpis

Suzanne Marsh


The radio began to play: “it was a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, pigeon toed

under toed flying purple people eater.” That crazy oldies song reminds me of an adventure that I had when I was a young child. I became a writer simply to avoid everyday craziness. I was about eight and wanted to be a space explorer like Jean Luc Picard, back in those days he was my idol. I was camping out in the backyard so I will begin from there.

I had a small dome tent that my dad set up for me. I liked to sleep under the stars; here in Texas that is easy to do as long as a rattlesnake doesn't want to sleep in the sleeping bag. But I digress, that particular evening, I was all curled up in my sleeping bag. I thought I was asleep. I heard a strange whirring sound, outside the tent. I arose and looked out the flap of the tent, thinking that the wind was picking up and I would have to go inside. That was not exactly the whirring sound. It was a rather strange shaped thing it wasn't circular but more of a rectangle. I was mesmerized by the sound, I was a very inquisitive child. I waited by the flap to see what if anything, it was.

The door eased open. This creature had one eye that rotated, fuzzy green hair, long brown arms, with claws at the end of the arms, its body shape was for a lack of better description, octagon, and it had bright red legs with huge feet. An eerie reddish glow surrounded the ship. The next thing I knew, I was whisked out of the tent and aboard the rectangle. I hoped my parents would come looking for me before I disappeared somewhere. I began to yell for dad, but the creature wrapped me in some sort of material. I could not move or scream, I realized then that whatever it wanted with me, I would blurt it out when asked.

The whirring began again, wait it seemed to be going very fast. I wanted to cry but the cocoon type material I was wrapped in; I could not open my mouth. The next thing I remember was awaking in a sterile compartment. The creatures stared at me like I was some sort of specimen. I stared at them, I had no idea what they were, all I understood was I wanted my mom and dad. Swivel eye glared back at me; as he tightened the material that was holding me in place. There must have been something in that material that put me into sleep mode.

I did not feel anything; until Swivel eye shook me with its claw. I was frightened but somehow I understood that it wasn't going to hurt me. It undid the material, it was some sort of fabric, took me from what I thought was a nest. It transferred me to some type of pod. It closed the pod, once again I was in sleep mode. Swivel eye kept watch over me. When we finally arrived, there was a castle in the sky, Swivel eye began propelling me toward some sort of cold room, where once again I was placed in that material. It left me there, unable to move about, all I could do was cry, thinking of mom and dad worrying where I was.

Swivel eye returned with another creature, it was nothing like Swivel eye. It had white fuzzy hair, a long pink and purple octagon body, white legs with huge ecru feet. Swivel eye put me on a table. Oh no maybe it was going to dissect me but instead it put some weird shaped thing on my pajamas. It began to speak:

“Hello young human, I am Fuzza, you were brought here to the planet Lumpis. We want to help earthlings. We have watched for many years, as your planet earth began to evolve into a garbage scow. What is your name young human?”

I began to form the words:

“Michael Joshua Grabowski”

Young human why so many names:

“I don't know that is what my mom and dad named me. How did you get the name Fuzza?”

Fuzza, replied:

“I was assigned the name about two million light years ago.”

My jaw dropped open:

“How can be you that old?”

Fuzza was puzzled:

“Young human, on this planet of Lumpis, in the Magnus galaxy age is not of importance,

it is wisdom. My white hair does not have a thing to do with my age. Now, just out of

curiosity how old are you?

I looked Fuzza right in its rotating eye:

“I am eight years old, I will be nine in two weeks. I want to go home, my mom and dad

are gonna wonder where I am.”

“Young human, Michael, you will be staying here on Lumpis. You have a job to do here.

You will be required to learn our language. After that you will no longer need the

translator that is attached to you. We have many questions for you. When we are done

you may return to earth, if that is what you require.”

I did not want to be their prisoner, I did not want to be there. Fuzza, sort of patted my back with its

claw:

“All will be right with earth soon. You need only answer the questions we ask.”

It began:

“Young human Michael, what is the gray type substance that surrounds earth, it appears

to make humans sad.”

I answered:

“My teacher says it is smog and that it is destroying the air.”

Fuzza was silent for seconds:

“Destroying the air, how?”

I was glad that dad helped me with a science project:

“Fuzza, smog comes from cars, trains, airplanes, trucks and factories. My teacher says that if

we don't stop polluting the atmosphere, we will die. I don't understand why but that is

what my teacher said.”

That seemed to satisfy Fuzza.

“Young human Michael, we had pollution as you termed it here on Lumpis. Our

pollution came from earth and surrounding planets. We determined that the

only way to fix it was to go to earth. We will show you our solution. Then you will

be returned to earth.”

I could not understand how I could possibly explain what Fuzza was going to show me. I was by no means a prisoner of Lumpis. Fuzza became concerned when I began to gain length and width, I was becoming a male human being. Fuzza and Swivel eye both came to the same conclusion, it was time I was returned to earth. I had learned so much here on Lumpis, I did not want to leave but it was time.

Upon returning to earth, I ran for Mayor of Fate. I was elected. Next I became governor, finally President of the United States. I watch the sky every night knowing that Fuzza and Swivel eye will be visiting me soon. They will bring information on pollution, viruses, and most importantly friendship, goodwill ambassadors of Lumpis, if you will. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

May 14, 2020 18:45

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Joan Kearney
01:55 May 21, 2020

An interesting story that touches on environmental issues, nice job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.