0 comments

General

December 31, 2019

tuday me and dady went to momys hows. i dont think dady and momy love eech othur enimore. momy sez sumtims pepl dont werk owt. i miss momy at hom.

 

January 1, 2020

crismis wuz fun and i got a barby and a bakeng set. dady is guna help me bake. i want a baby sister. at leest i got a girl dogi. her nam is lucy. dady sez that lucy is a maltipoo. she is so cuet.

 

January 2, 2020

tuday we had browniz. i made ecstra for momy. i no momy likes browniz. she sez that she likes my browniz the best. i like dadys browniz the best. he ads a secrit ingrident that i cant tell you. but its good.

 

January 3, 2020

tuday me and dady took lucy to the vet. lucy doesnt like the vet. my birfday is coming soon in to weks. im going to be six. i was born on janrary 17, 2014. dady sez i am going to have a fun birfday. i want chiken nugets and chips. but momy sez its not helthy. dady doesnt care thoh. im relly sleepy today. i mis momy to. dady sez i will see her soon.

 

January 4, 2020

i cant wait for my birfday. im going to be grown up. dady calls me his prinses. wen i grow up i want to be a baker. im gona make browniz and cookiz and a bunch of other stuf. they are relly yummy. i'm gona play now.

 

January 5, 2020

momy is sick. she sez that she will be ok but im still scard. she keeps cofing and snesing. momy sez its just alergis and she will get beter. my scool closed becuz a lot of pepl are sick now. dady seemz relly sad now. i ust to think dady didnt love momy but i think he duz.

 

January 6, 2020

im not alowd to see momy enimore. me and dady have to stay at hom. the docter sez so. they stuc a q tip up my nose and made me and dady go hom. wat if me and dady are sick like momy? im scard.

 

January 7, 2020

i no me and dady arent sick. we arent cofing OR snesing. its boring just siting at hom. i dont like it.

 

January 8, 2020

i dont like riting in this diary enimore. its to boring. theres nothing to do at hom. i wana go to scool.

 

January 20, 2020

yay me and dady arent sick. i new it. i told dady that im not sick but he didnt beleve me. but now he nos. i was rite. thats all im gona rite in this diary. i dont like it. momy gave it to me and it maks me sad. oh, ps my birfday was dum.

 

September 14, 2026

Wow. I just read through this diary and I didn't know how to write. I can't believe I stopped writing in it. Then I lost it. I found it this morning, and reading through it, I had a hard time understanding some words. I figure I should fill in the pages of what happened after January 20, 2020, in case this ever becomes some really big autobiography or something. Well, no, my father and I weren't sick with what I didn't know was called COVID-19 at the time. However, my mother was. Thankfully, she recovered after awhile. She was weak for a short period of time after recovery. Her immune system was very weak, but she's better now. It was strange, being a young child seeing the world crumble before my eyes. Most of the time, I didn't know what was going on, but I knew something wasn't right. Daddy tried to explain to me that people were very sick and I had to be very clean, and take more baths and wash my hands correctly now. But, as a six year old kid, I didn't listen. It's a wonder I never got COVID-19. The world shut down to an extent for a bit. People had to stay in their houses for a few months, and weren't allowed to go anywhere. No doctors, no grocery store trips. Many people starved or died from illnesses. It seemed as though COVID-19 was the least of people's worries now. Many tried to rebel, and since the prisons were closed, either got COVID-19, spread it, were killed, or got what they needed. Luckily for me and my father, he stocked up on food when COVID-19 first started. However, after about a few months, things started to clear up significantly. Sure, there were a few cases, but many of them recovered opposed to died. A few weeks after the clearance, things went back to normal. It was if COVID-19 took what it wanted, and left the rest alone. Sure, the economy was affected, sure, people were. But things became better in such a short amount of time. Very short. Places started opening, people started emerging from houses, and all in all it was normal. As for today, it's as if nothing ever happened. Yet, everyone remembers the days of anxiety, wondering when, or if them and their families would get it. Currently, no one has COVID-19 anywhere in the world. It's strange, but at least there are no more deaths. Oh yeah, I'm Kris. I guess that's it? Not sure.


September 15, 2026

Well, on a lighter note, Tarian (my best friend) says she has a surprise for me at school on Monday. Not sure what it is, but I'm kind of excited. Tarian is a character, I guess you would say. She is an outcast, and wants to be. She wears combat boots and has short, black hair (with mint green highlights) that sticks up in every angle. Tarian laughs loudly and obnoxiously, in a way that I don't find hard to put up with. She enjoys strange foods like casu marzu (basically maggot cheese), san-nakji (live baby octopus), and black pudding (blood sausage). Believe it or not, san-nakji, and black pudding are actually very good. I haven't tried casu marzu (because I was too scared), so I don't know if it's good or not. Tarian says that it tastes like gorgonzola cheese, which I like. Tarian has five brothers, and miraculously, she is the only female in her household. Her mother left when she was just born, which leaves her with her father and five brothers.


September 16, 2026

Tomorrow is Monday. I'm dreading school and looking forward to it at the same time. 1) I'm dreading it because I have to get in front of the class in my only class without Tarian, and 2) I'm looking forward to it because of the whole surprise thing tomorrow. Not only that, I also get to see Tarian in general. It worries me when I'm not around Tarian because she's really depressed honestly, and I want to be able to make sure she's all right. Well, I got to go, Dad's calling me down for lunch. Maybe I'll write later.


September 17, 2026

I. Cannot. Believe. It. I really can't. You know what my surprise was? A bouquet of roses and a letter including Tarian confessing her apparent feelings to me. I don't know what to think. It's not like she's not pretty, or funny, smart..but it's confusing. How long has she felt this way? How could I have been oblivious all of this time? I hope I didn't hurt her feelings. Luckily she didn't see me freak out, since I read the letter at home. We've been friends since I was seven, and now I'm twelve, that's five whole years. Yet, I still didn't know. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I've never dated anyone before? Wait...does she want to date me? Do I want to date her? I DON'T KNOW!! It's all so confusing...Should I text her? Tarian is pretty and smart and funny and so many positive things, but what would my dad say? Her dad? People at school? I am a girl, she is a girl. I mean, yeah, it's 2026, but people are still homophobic. That'll never change. This is so stressful. What do I do?


September 18, 2026

I haven't talked to Tarian about the whole 'thing', yet. And, honestly, I feel pretty bad. She looks worried when we talk. It's awkward, and I'm the one making it that way. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt her, but I don't think I'm ready for any sort of relationship. I'm 12. Not that up there in age. However, I do know Tarian the best, so if I was to start dating anyone, it would be Tarian. But not now. Nope.


September 19, 2026

I texted Tarian yesterday and politely explained how I felt. I could tell she was hurt and that made me feel really bad. She didn't say anything though. Today it was awkward. I could tell she tried not to look at me a lot. I really feel bad. I hope it'll be less awkward from now on. I miss the way things used to be. Just me and Tarian against the world.


February 22, 2030

Well, look who's back. Four years later, sixteen years old. I read the entries from when I was twelve and boy was I wrong. Tarian and I were meant to be together but I was just a delusional twelve year old. Needless to say, when I turned thirteen, me and Tarian started dating. We've been dating since. It was weird at first. Before we started dating, I considered the option of me being aromantic/asexual, but I was just at that phase where I thought everyone was gross. It was strange, telling my dad. I think he was shocked at first, but he was very supportive. Tarian didn't go into depth about it, but at first her dad was very UN-supportive of us. However, he's gotten better. He apologized, but I still don't really like him. He treated her rudely just for who she was. But yeah, Tarian's great. I finally tried casu marzu. It's actually really nice, if you can get past the maggots. God, I sound crazy. Tarian's honestly the best partner I could ever ask for. She's eccentric, but honestly, it's cute. I wrote her a song last week, and I'm still working up the nerve to play/sing it for her. She's perfect, and I want to be the same way for her.


February 23, 2030

Honestly can't believe it's 2030. When I was a kid, I didn't think I'd see this year. I mean, I'm only sixteen, but wow. it seems crazy. i don't know, it's 3 am and half my brain cells are dead. I honestly can't sleep. It's raining outside, and the wind is rattling our house windows. Speaking of half dead brain cells, Tarian is acting majorly..different. I think something happened at home with her dad. She tries to hide when she's upset but I can tell. She acts even more eccentric, but it's forced. I want to ask her, but I'm afraid. I know she has a hard time talking about things, and I don't want to upset her. But, I care about Tarian, and as I'm her girlfriend, I feel like I should ask at least a little bit about what happened. Tomorrow, at school, I'll ask her.


February 24, 2030

You know how I said I don't like Tarian's dad? Yeah, that's an understatement. I loathe him. I mean, absolutely without a doubt, he is my least favorite person on this Earth. You want the rundown? I'm sure you do. A book of pages wants a rundown of my girlfriend's crappy home life. Well, anyways. Right when Tarian thought things were getting better, they got worse. Her stupid "dad" got into an argument with her about our relationship and he said that she had to end things with me. Tarian, being the person she was, mouthed off, and he ended up kicking her out. She was staying at a distant friend's house last night. I just can't believe it. When she told me about this, she cried, which was so unlike her. Said she was too ashamed to tell me before. I hate it that her life is like this. I asked my mom if she could stay with us, and my mom said yes. I told Tarian about it, and she said she'll have to think about it. I understand she's going through a rough time, but I want to be with her during it. I know she needs space, but I don't want to give her too much. It seems hard to find a happy median. I don't want this to affect us, you know? I'm honestly really worried for her.


February 25, 2030

Life's crazy right now. Tarian is in fact moving in...under a condition. She's not allowed in my room without an adult, and vice versa. What does dad think we're going to do? I mean seriously, in the house? He really thinks with him home all day, we'd try to take risks?? He's delusional, I tell you. And honestly, when is he really going to take his time of the day to come in our rooms and observe us? Ugh. Tarian says she's grateful to just be able to have a house and a place to eat, but I know she's a bit bothered. I tried to talk to dad, but he was all, "It's non-negotiable". Welp. Goodnight, I guess?


February 26, 2030

This diary really is getting boring. What else do I write? People are going to think I'm a wacko carrying this around and constantly writing in it. I guess I'm just self-conscious someone (*ahem* Tarian) is going to read my stupid entries from when I was twelve. I think I'm going to throw this out. It's pointless anyways. I just read that passage over again and I sound so annoying. All the more reason to throw it out. I won't have to read my annoying writing anymore.


February 27, 2030

Welp. Here's my last entry. I guess I'll try to write everything I can, sort of as a farewell gesture. Tarian and I are cool and yes, the rule is still in place (dad if you're reading this, just skip over this passage. thanks) BUT, last night when dad was asleep, I went into Tarian's room and sang her the song I wrote her. It was more of a poem, but eh. No, get your mind out of the gutter, nothing happened. I sang her the song, we talked, and I went back to bed. Of course I kissed her but it wasn't a full on snogging jag. Anyways, I guess I'll write the song here*

"you will never know how much you mean to me

when i wake up in the morning, your smile is all i want to see

your smile lights me up in darkest times

your laugh is beautiful wind chimes

when you are around, my face starts to warm

and butterflies in my stomach start to swarm

you are the shooting star to my sky

and i dream sweet things when next to you i lie

i'm so glad you are my partner in crime

my partner with a voice like pretty wind chimes"

I'm not sure, it sounds pretty cheesy to me. Considering I only write sad songs though, and this is my first ever love song I've written, I'd say it's alright though. Tarian loved it. I hope. All in all, I'm glad she moved in. Not glad of the circumstances, but glad to have the love of my life even closer.

* I, Luna Lovegood, the author, wrote this song/poem by myself, and I would appreciate if no one copied it, took any part of it, or used it as there own. Thanks! Hope you all have a lovely day!

April 08, 2020 01:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.