4 comments

Science Fiction

 This might be a sad story, so if you are sensitive to sadness, this is not the right story for you.

             Once there was a boy who was 12 years old and his name Christal Walters was that he survived a really severe tornado that swallowed every living and built a thing in the whole world. He was the only thing living now, at least that is what he thought. He was alone, got bored, had no idea how to pass the time.

             He mostly passed the time by thinking about his family. He thought about how he managed to escape and his friends. He thought about being alone in the world. He had no idea how this world would end. He thought that after the day that he would die, what would happen to the world.

            Then one day, he sat down on the dirt, and thought about exploring the leftover world. So after 2 years, he built a speed boat and a car that looked like the MARS travel car. He set off.

            He strapped his speed boat to the trailer he also built and the trailer was attached to the “MARS car”. He also wanted to draw parts of the world wherever he went so he made paper how he learned in school.

            First, he went to explore Canada, since that is where he lives. He explored first from the North of Canada to the South of Canada. Then East to West. All he saw was dirt and mud. He set off to Alaska. There was snow there and he still saw no living thing. He began to feel sad and scared that he was the only thing in the world. The thought of it made him cry. 

           Next he set on his speed boat and went to the United States. Still not a living thing in sight. He explored the whole U.S.A. Next he sped to Europe and explored everything there and STILL no sight of a living thing.

           Next was Asia. He went and still had no sight of a living thing.

           At the same time a girl named Amelia Martinez who was 11 years old was exploring, so she lived in Australia and she was exactly like Christal. She built a speed boat as well and built a plane and a tiny car. She loved her designs and was happy with it but was not happy with the tornado. 

          Meanwhile, Christal was heading for Australia. There, he met with the girl, Amelia. They both got shocked and for at least 1 hour they stood there looking at each other with curiosity. Christal was 27 years old and Amelia was 26 when they met. They socialized and talked about their families, friends, and the deadly tornado. They decided to stay together and get married. After a month they got married and had 8 kids, 4 boys and four girls:

Oliver 2020

Lucas 2012

Lloyd 2000

Victor 2011

Georgie 2013

Layla 2000

Olivia 2018

Polly 2019

           The kids grew up to be awesome builders and amazing adventurers. They loved animals from the description of their parents.

           After 10 years they saw a coyote. That was the best site they saw after the story of their parents. As you can see, some of the kids are twins and they never got bored. The family all decided to rebuild the world.

           First, they climbed in their parents' vehicles. 2 boys and 2 girls went in each vehicle. They started in Australia and first built a school in the middle of the continent. Then they built streets and houses and buildings. Finally they built the electricity lines. They built theatres and pools.

            Next was Asia. They built the exact same way as they did in Australia. They built the power lines and posts and homes for animals.

            They went on and on until they reached Canada. They finished off Canada and only 3 years have passed thanks to Amelia's plane. They flew all the way back to Australia and, to their surprise, there was no way they could land because of the animals in the continent. The children were happy. They said that they love animals. “Awesome,” said Lloyd.

             After they landed they went straight home and made beds. They slept the whole night and woke up in the morning. 

            The kids loved their way to live. Their teacher was their mom and the principle was their dad. One day their mom, Amelia, taught them how to make books. They all had to invent stories and their mom helped them to put the pages in the book. They all read each book and Miss Amelia was pleased with their stories. They each said that they loved their school, they loved their teacher, and their principle, and books. Once the vacation came, the kids went to Canada to explore what has happened to the country. There was the worst thing they saw there were no animals. They were all shocked by the sight. No animals. They surely did not like the country. They said they wanted to go back and not take another peek at the country. But Lloyd did not listen and took a tiny peek at the country. There he saw a dog and another and another and many others. He told his mom to stop the plane and she did. With him he came back with 8 dogs that all looked like brothers. They were relieved that there were animals there. Their mom said that those are dogs and are really helpful and have a good sense of smell. They each took on and set off to Australia. Their dad saw them coming and made the way clear for landing. When they got off the plane he saw the dogs. He was so happy to see one and told his kids why. “I have had a dog and his name was Freckles. He sadly died in the tornado I told you about.” He said.

              The kids loved their dogs. They gave them special names and they played with them a lot. Their mom and dad let them go to school with their dogs. The kids were happy. Really happy. And so the kids and parents lived happily ever after.


May 01, 2020 18:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

4 comments

Jill Howard
15:38 May 07, 2020

This is a super cool idea! I loved reading about the rebuild, and seeing how much the characters changed and grew throughout the story- starting at 12 and ending in their 20s. I was sad reading the intro because I thought it was going to be a tragic ending, so I enjoyed the happy conclusion!

Reply

Michael Henrichs
17:02 May 07, 2020

Thank you

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

This is a very interesting premise. I like the idea of a natural disaster to take out the population, but a tornado seems a bit small. Maybe a hurricane? Or a really large volcanic eruption like the one that happened during Mary Shelley’s time (I don’t remember the year). Anyway, off of that tangent, I thought this wasn’t as sad as it was made out to be and really liked the ending!

Reply

Michael Henrichs
22:46 May 06, 2020

I like your ideas really much. I should have done so.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.