0 comments

General


15th January 2000

8.45 am.


I never had a habit of writing a diary. But today I couldn't hold back because I met the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the park. I never expected to meet her when I left my house for a quick jog. I have been visiting the park for quite some months, but I have never seen her before. She was wearing a black tracksuit, with a grey headband around her blonde curly ponytail. I thought I was an introvert for all along my 20 years of my life, but today I proved wrong. I gathered courage and initiated the conversation. I didn't want to lose her. Her beautiful natural brown eyes, round nose, thin lips, everything was beautiful. It was like a friendly conversation, but I was happy.

I couldn't wait to see her again. And her name is Sandra.


15th February 2000

11.10 pm.

It's been a month since I met Sandra. And I asked her on a date with me today. I knew yesterday was valentine's day, but I deliberately asked her out today. I felt like every day was lovers' day when I was with her. I couldn't believe she agreed to go out with me. I wore a formal black shirt and jeans and took her to a non-expensive Italian restaurant. Being a clerk in the bank doesn't pay me much. We ordered white sauce pasta, Lasagna, Ossobuco Alla Milanese, and for dessert Gelato. It cost me 45 Euros, but it was worth it.

We had a great time. I hope this would continue.


15th January 2005.

8.20 pm.

After going on 256 dates with Sandra, I proposed today. It was not a big proposal, but I decorated my house with candles and balloons with rose petals. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I knew she would say yes, but yet I was on the edge of peeing my pants. The red polka-dotted dress added beauty to her. Her reaction when I proposed was priceless no cameras could capture the real feeling, which we felt at that time. My salary rise gave me an advantage in buying a beautiful diamond ring for the beautiful human being.

I can't wait to get married to my love.


15th December 2008.


Right now, it's 10.40 pm. My wife Sandra is sleeping on our bed, and I couldn't hide my excitement. Today was the day we got married. We decided to keep it small, with family and friends. It was a beachside wedding theme. I saw an angel walking through the aisle, and I couldn't believe this angel was going to spend the rest of her life with me. As a surprise, I bought a house near the area of woods as a wedding gift for my Sandra. She was on cloud nine when I took her here today evening, after our wedding. We spent our first night together as a husband and wife.

It is the beginning of our life journey.


12th August 2012.

3.20 am


I am going to be a father. These are the words which are running through my head for the past seven hours after Sandra showed me her pregnancy kit. Our marriage life is something still new for us, yet thrilling. We couldn't go on a honeymoon because of our jobs, but I found time and booked Bali for our honeymoon. Sandra had been a very supportive and understanding person. After all, she always took care of me as a baby I am sure she will be a good mother.

I promise I will love my child with all my heart.


10th April 2013.

11.25 pm.


I couldn't take my eyes off my beautiful baby boy Kevin, who is sipping his thumb finger and sleeping cutely in his crib. I and Sandra discussed the baby names and after several hours of argument, we decided to name him after her father's name. For the past months, Sandra had been driving me crazy because of her pregnancy hormones. The doctor warned me, but I thought she would be different, but no. Her weird cravings at a weird time made me lose my temper, but I knew this is not the real her. Sandra took the pregnancy very well, and she gifted me with a baby boy. His cute doe eyes look exactly like his mother.


30th December 2024

7.45 pm.


It just feels like yesterday, where Kevin started to walk. But today, he is in high school. I came from the hospital to pack my dress for several days. I don't understand what the doctors were saying. Sandra was doing fine, but my life collapsed when I caught her coughing blood in the bathroom. I never knew she was a good actor. I forced her to the hospital and ended up knowing she was on her final stage of pancreatic cancer. And the worst part was, she hid it from me. The doctor decided her lifeline period, and I cried until I had no more tears to fall. But I knew I had to be strong for her, for our child Kevin. I wanted to spend every second with her. I now suddenly feel like she is moving far away from me, and I don't like that feeling. I knew this would be a lot for Kevin to digest.


18th April 2025.

6.27 pm.


Just now, I came from attending my love's funeral. I don't want to write anything in detail. I feel like a soulless person roaming.

Sandra.

She brought the beautiful side of me, which I never knew I had. She showered me with her love and gave her heart to me, just because she trusted me. She gifted me with a baby and made me realize that I could be a good father. And now I am sitting on the bed, which we shared from the first night of our marriage. Though we were busy in our works, we always spent family time. We went to see Kevin's first baseball match, unfortunately, they didn't win, and we ended up buying him five ice cream bars. Today Kevin almost fainted because of his constant crying. I remembered how he threw all the things and broke the flower vases when I informed him about Sandra's condition a few months back.

I wished I could have shown my love more to Sandra. I feel like I have never expressed it to her as much as she did.


12th March 2043


Right now it is 9.30 pm, I returned from my son Kevin's wedding. I was surprised when he introduced his girlfriend a few years back. I couldn't believe the boy who cried over a simple game, was ready to move to the next big stage of life. He is not a boy anymore. He turned to a fine handsome man by inheriting his mother's qualities. I was afraid when I lost Sandra. I thought I was a loser, I failed as a husband, and I will fail as a father. But Kevin behaved well and understood my sufferings. I didn't have a rough time taking care of my son. He excelled in studies and got a great job in the technical line. The wedding was quite simple, just like ours. All those things brought my memories of Sandra. She had been in my heart and mind for all these years, never once did I forget her.


31st December 2050

10.00 pm

I can't believe I am 70 already. My hands are shaking, but still, I want to write. I waited for a whole month for this day. Because I got to see my grandchildren. I went to the same Park where I met Sandra for the first time, my love, my life, my soul, my everything. After having a phone conversation with Kevin, our only son, we both decided the time and place. I woke up at 8'o clock, did my morning routine, and dressed up neatly and left the house after grabbing my essentials.

The park had changed a lot. The last time, I visited there was a few years ago after Sandra left me. I walked through the park, saw couples kissing, few people jogging, people taking walks with their pets, and some doing exercises. Time has evolved, but I was happy that people still follow some routines to take care of their health. At sharp 11 am my phone started to ring, and I knew who it was.

My son.

I saw my grandchildren, Lucy, Becky, and Tim, showing their faces close up and giving kisses to me. I couldn't hold my laughter by their cute actions. They have grown so much, and I could see Tim, the oldest is just like me. Lucy and Becky are like their mother, a calm and sweet kind. They told me about their schools and everyday life doings, Lucy whined about her gaining weight and her crazy diet. I warned her not to do such things, but start to love herself. I couldn't speak anything since all my three precious grandchildren were involved in telling about their lives.

I took a walk after our phone call and made my way to the house. Today was a great day, and again I need to wait for another month to see my grandchildren.

Sandra, I wish you were here with me to witness our grandchildren growing so beautifully.

April 06, 2020 14:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.