0 comments

Drama Fantasy Mystery

The Stolen Story Mystery 

Nicole jalonen 

Fourteen year old Chevy Case loved writing . In fact she had wanted to become a published author since the age of seven . Then the chance to show her writing talent cake in high school when a friend of hers submitted a story Chevy had written to a writing contest . 

The prize was 3000 dollars and a publishing contract with a well known publisher.

Then came the day they announced the winners .  Second place and consolation prize winner of 150 dollars was Chevy Jace . “ And our grand prize winner of the dove publishing contract and three thousand dollars is . Braille Deville !”

Then the announcer went on to say the person would recieve the contract in the mail and the cheque would be direct deposited into the Winners account .

Chevy was disappointed she didn’t win but was horrified when they handed out a chapter of the winning book and Chevy read it. And shrieked in her mind .

“This is my book who ever son stole my story!”

Racing home she vowed to solve the mystery of who stole her prize and her book!  

At her apartment she shared with her mom and dad Chevy poured over the writing piece trying to find clues as to who stole her book . 

List of possible clues she wrote 

Braille 

Name of winner but it’s also what blind people use to read and wrote 

Second clue her friend Zoe is blind 

Third clue Chevy gave Zoe her book to read 

With that Chevy nailed that list and the chapter braille wrote and the same chapter Chevy wrote to the company .along with a letter explaining what she Chevy had thought this braille person had done .

Along with who she thought the thrift was and how she wanted to prove the story was hers.

And sent the email and waited .....,.,.,

Days went by then Chevy recurved an email response from the company and her trap was all set!

The next month was the launch party for the winners book and Chevy being the runner up winner received an invitation to the party !

In front a marble stage in the high school gymnasium was about 300 people from tv and radio and newspapers who Chevy thought was braille took the stage with the president of the publishing company. No one could yet see the winners face as she wore a black hoody over her gold dress and face !

Then the announcer read the chapter from the newly published book and announced . “Now braille lets read something more !”

To which the mystery author nodded but still did not speak !

Then the announcer read Chevy’s chapter !

And as Chevy joined them on the stage there was a gasp of horrified shock from the audience !

As hearing both chapters was only a shock because they were written word for word the same!

“Now , the announcer replied to the audience .

The question is who is the real author of this wonderful book?!”

To add to the shock of the night two police men came up on the stage with a hand writing a braille analyser.

“We don’t really need to analyze the handwriting as the thief write in braille !”

“ we know Chevy wrote the novel as she had the written charts for planing characters and plot and sets where the one posing as the As hearing both chapters was only a shock because they were written word for word the same!

“Now , the announcer replied to the audience .

The question is who is the real author of this wonderful book?!”

To add to the shock of the night two police men came up on the stage with a hand writing a braille analyser.

“We don’t really need to analyze the handwriting as the thief write in braille !”

“ we know Chevy wrote the novel as she had the written charts for planing characters and plot and sets where the one posing as the author didn’t as a secret search of her house a few minutes ago revealed.”

No sooner had the cop finished speaking then the hooded author started racing from the gym.

But she dropped her walking stick and fell as she ran for the gym door so two more cops could grab the winner before she ran out the door and yanked the hood off her head!

“Zoe why would you steal my story!”

Chevy cried as her friends hood was pulled off and she stared at her through blind eyes.

Hissing,

“I’m sorry chev but I was jealous of your talent and knew you could win so I stole your story when you gave me it to read!”

“Well now your going to jouvinile hall !”

A cop growled as they slapped handcuffs on Zoe and took her away and Chevy claimed her rightful spot as contest winner and published author !

So that started fourteen year old Chevys famous life as an author . Now she had everything she ever and more . She was traveling the country for interviews on television and radio and newspaper . Set up live readings for her fans . Set up book signings in different countries to meet her adoring fans and was asked how she felt when her best friend had stole her story . To which she always replied . “My heart broke that day but I just hope Zoe gets the help she needs.”

And went on through her life publishing more fantasy novels and became the wealthiest author in North America ! Though she never married she was very happy ! And though the story getting stolen from her was heart breaking it had taught the young women a lot . One don’t trust everyone with stuff you create .

two, sign all of your work

three , not all people can be trusted

all and all the story of how Chevy got famous was full of lessons the young women would never forget . Now the thin talk , red haired beauty could enjoy the fruits of her labour and teach all these lessons to her new born twin boys .

August 29, 2020 15:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.