0 comments

Adventure Drama Fiction

"Dreams are our reflection of subconscious mind, isn't it?"asked Clara to Dorothy.

"Yes"

"So this is your reason for repetitive dreams" Clara declared with an air of supritendence.

"You may be right but I don't feel it.Everything feels so surreal,so magical there.Its like another world."

"Obviously it would be,it's a dream." Clara said with an annoyed look."Plus you are so imaginative."

"Fine, you win."and she made her way out of the cafeteria.

She was sure it was not just her imagination.Her mind was too fickle for repetitive things.Plus Clara doesn't know her secret.Her family was special.Her grandma had told her so many things that made her feel it was special.Definitely it was a calling.Calling for something big . It was a message, repetitive message.

She would surely leave her footprints in the world. Suddenly a voice scared her,she could feel terror in every inch of her skin.Her eyes widened.She could not believe what she had heard. Those were the same words," Are you really sure what you are?". She turned around. It was the same mysterious man of her dreams. Long black hair, strong music body,white coat and trousers.

Without thinking she dashed behind him.She tried to call him," hey mr hey" but no avail. And the terrific traffic. Oh my lord! She followed him, from Auxton street to Sherm street, she followed him every step but could not overtake him.At last he halted at the deserted abandoned part of the Timothy Park. He turned around. Oh Lord! He was the same as she had seen . Large lustrous eyes,clean shaven countenance, chiseled nose, cheeks flushed pink. He was a Greek god. He smiled a little, and repeated," Are you really sure what you are? " She blurted out," Who are you? Why are you territorizing my dreams?" He smirked a little, proud of his influence," Am I really territorizing?" She was taken aback.

How could he know it? His presence was mesmerizing,she felt good, only the words he spoke had a negative effect on soul. No,not negative. It was just a tickle in her soul. It had only played with her brain. But it was neither territorizing nor terrifying.

" La Demoiselle, you have something different from others.Many people have something different but they fail to recognise it. But you, you my lady are given chance to achieve it, to decipher it. If you wanna know who you are, come back here fortnight down at 4 am. Goodbye. " and he turned around striving towards the sudden aroused thick dense fog.

" What's your name?" She shouted. " Amanadiel " a voice came from the dense white fog.

There was something in the atmosphere that day or was it in her mood? She could experience thrill in the fast moving traffic, in the songs of the guitarist, in the voice of the vendors selling their wares . It is as if there was a sense of freedom and novelty everywhere.

That night she couldn't sleep. Thousand of passengers boarded on her train of imagination. She had always shown accute interest in such ' out of the world' things. It was in her genes. That night and after that she did not experience those terrific and exhilarating night dreams.

The day of the venture came. She felt a pit in her stomach. She knew it was normal for such days and she was ready to face it. After all, she was a strong willed and strong hearted person. She dressed herself in black like a night ranger. At the appointed time she reached the appointed place.

There was a strange eagerness in the environment.She felt uneasy. She looked at the sky. An unusual weather with black clouds in the fall season.She touched her forehead.There were beads of perspiration. She didn't know why but her grandma's advice was playing back in her mind ," Follow the minute changes in the nature, they can sense forthcoming before."

Someone was coming. It was Amanadiel. He greeted with a broad smile,a great contrast to the gloomy weather. " Hi" ,she said in reply

"Are you ready?"

"More than I ever will be."

He took out a small book from his hidden pocket. " Place your hand over it." and repeat it in your mind " I'm ready" She did so but there was a hesitation even in her thought. " Now come near me." He said expressionlessly.She stepped forward. They both were standing in a golden aura. He was mumbling something.He was about to place his hand when suddenly she rushed behind.

"What are you doing? " he said in an agonized voice.

She was expressionless. She asked in a cut voice " Why me? " He understood there was no need of pretence.

" Because Mahamamba selected you."

" How those dreams?"

" Hypnosis"

She was shocked. She blurted out ," How? When ? "

" The free mental health check up."

She remembered she had experienced accute headache after the session, now she understood why.

" I do not commit myself." and she walked off.

She now understood the story of the Coealtas, the horrific savage people behind many horrific deeds misfit for human ears and behind many conspiracies was not just an urban legend, they were real. Thanks to her grandma's stories she knew that one could be only taken the queen of it only by there permission, and they can opt out of it before the completion of stories.

After some research through some old books ,she got to know the head ,the Mahamamba selects her successor. Knowing that no one would except the devil himself would willingly agree,they take the advantage of their interests, lure them into this den with the help of their agents ,their old allies, which in this case was Amanadiel. She was still in shock, what would happen if this thought wouldn't come to her mind. Oh my god! Even this mere thought turn her skin ghastly pale .but she needs to move on, she thought it to herself clutching the cross in her neck.

The next day she woke up afresh, solving two mysteries..........one, the Coealtas were no fiction and second..... the stories told in her family were not for greatness and safety of others but to protect themselves. And she started getting ready as that close encounter with ill fate had never happened..............

July 19, 2021 16:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.