Bella's enchanted first Winter

Submitted into Contest #23 in response to: Write a short story about someone experiencing their first winter.... view prompt

1 comment

Kids

I can't believe it as I run to the window in my

unicorn, ( I call them sexy ponies,) slippers.

My mom and dad told me about this magical white

powder that angels sprinkle down on us

to make us happy. I really didn't believe it at first

because I AM 10 years old and if I told people back at my other home, ( in Puerto Rico,) they would say I was too funny and maybe a little crazy.


But since we moved into this city where it is mostly cold I never had seen the white magical angel powder yet. So when I ran to the window because of all this bright light shining in, I wanted to know what the light was.

I gasped and started yelling and jumping all over the place. Even swinging my " sexy pony" toy. She even laughed. The unicorn, that is. My mom called me down to eat fast so I could get dressed warm and play in it. After I ate my favorite Poptarts that look like unicorn sprinkles, my mom put this fluffy, weird looking space suit on me, along with a hat and gloves and big purple boots


I could not really move so I could not figure out how I was supposed to be able to play in the magic white snow.

My dad laughed and said not to worry you will find a way. My mom got dressed warm too because she said she wanted to teach me

how to make snow angels. All I could think in my mind was , how do angels come up out of that white stuff?

We stepped outside and as my my mom held my hand, I felt kind of scared, i mean, come on! This is white magical angel powder...wow!

What does it do? What does it say?

We stepped into the yard and all of a sudden, I couldn't see my boots and screamed. My mom asked, what happened? I said the angels put too much of the magic white dust in the ground and now it's trying to swallow me.


She took my hand, took off my gloves and told me to watch what she did and to do the same. Using both my hands like a bowl, I scooped up the snow. It felt like the powder I use after I take a bath except, this was cold in my hands. Mom then started eating it. I'm thinking, o.k., maybe the angel white snow is like a sweet taste.

I tried it but all I tasted was cold, almost crunchy water. But It WAS magical because it was so soft, me and mom just let ourselves fall

into a huge mound of it. Then mom showed me how to make snow angels. I watched as my mom looked like she was doing jumping jacks lying down. Then, when she got up...I gasped. It DID look just like an angel, with the wings out and everything. So I did the same. And we kept doing snow angels all over the back yard until it looked like the angels were all ready to flap their wings and fly off.


Then even more snow fell out of the sky and I really did, from then on, believe it was magical white powder that the angels sprinkled on us to make us happy. Even later on when one of my friends came over to play in the snow and she brought her " unicorns" since she refuses to call them " sexy ponies," we made a funny looking snow house with my dad and drank hot cocoa with pretty marshmallows in it. I don't think a lot of adults think it's very fun, since they sometimes seem kind of grumpy when they see all " that white stuff." But I don't care, because the snow, which IS magic, made me happy.



January 08, 2020 03:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

23:37 Jan 09, 2020

i have lived in New England my whole life so snow was never new to me. I can only imagine how it would be for a child to experience it for the first time. Even all grown up, I still love the first look at the world wrapped in a beautiful white blanket.. it really does feel truly magical.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.