0 comments

Drama

I opened my front door only to find a mysterious note on the ground that read “you can stay”. The note was so candy coated that syrup literally dripped off of it in my mind. Wow I thought to myself, I can stay in a very cozy nice apartment with a front view too the pool.

Very naive I ignored the note and tossed it into the trash.


My neighbor that lived next door was an very eccentric looking man that looked like a supervisor that lived in another city. I was wrongfully terminated by this character for an unfair cause. I remember him telling the story of a woman that puts on outlandish makeup and goes to bars to find her fun. Because I wore heavy mascara, I felt uncomfortable hearing that kind of story. Much later, in life I did not realize that I would remember a similar face.


What did this experience have to do with patching up old relationships? I will explain.


I had friends that were of the same religious faith, that associated with me. But I did not realize if we met again I would be too sickly to entertain my friends or enjoy their company. I fought my symptoms,due to head trauma. This cost me my medical career and profession.


I graduated from medical school with honors and one tardy short of perfect attendance. I thought I had learned all about the anatomical structure and how it functions, especially the female. But, really I did not. I learned that I would need to continue my studies as a Registered Nurse to comprehend and view cause and effect.


That year my mother decided to move to another location to care for her sickly sister. We moved on the north side of town. We had no idea what we would encounter. My mother had invited friends from Australia to stay for a while. I welcomed them to stay in my bedroom until they left, while I slept in the front room. We really enjoyed their company. His wife had a soprano and loved to sing and he would make us laugh with his stories from Aussie.


The night they left I returned to my room and fell asleep. I was awakened to the sounds of something strange. I looked on my wall and saw a shadow of a man practicing the unforbidden. I got out of bed and explained to my mother that the house was haunted. You are right she exclaimed. I felt something strange on top of me in my bed. I could not move. I was not sure if she was telling the truth, because mother would tease me a lot, but I trusted my mother.


All of us mom, my sister and me reached the conclusion that the house was haunted. Later, I decided to move across town into my apartment.


This is when the “do not touch me attitude” came into play.


This is when I found the “candy coated” note “you can stay”. I remember how frightening my attic in this new apartment became.


At a young age my cousins had showed me how the neighbors were able to get into each other’s apartment through the attic. That night I took a T- Shirt and nailed it up to the ceiling. In this way, I could tell if someone was trying to steal my television and other small things.


I remember how a friend had educated me about a woman and what to watch for during different times of the month.


Unfortunately, for myself I woke up with a puddle between my legs of what the reader might find distasteful. This had never occurred before then or in the future.I remember waking up with pain in the peripheral part of my head that caused me to hear.


I would walk by a bush and hear a dog bark. But there was no dog there. The sound of the dog reminded me of my cousin that use to play with me when I was a kid.

I did not realize that I was experiencing what is called sensory overload. In other words a nervous breakdown.


After being terminated in that town several times for unfair reasons I returned home. But, before returning home I thought to myself what a coincidence a strange member of the Christian congregation had showed up at my door. He assisted me with packing my things onto the uhaul that I rented.


After, arriving home I later found another job in a laboratory. To my chagrin,I discovered what the unexpected looked like. Still, unsure I chose to remove the thoughts from my mind. I did not realize that I was losing my memory. That I preferred to remain single until I could discover my true feelings. Why I just preferred not to be touched.


I admit that candy coated note was a serious mistake that went bad. With tears I dread the day I moved away from my family.


But when your immature and inexperienced you come to learn that what is hidden has been trampled on by who? That’s the question you live with for a lifetime.


Today, I strive to live a normal life. I have ventured toward opening my business named “Baby Dollar One” online. I feel discouraged, but at least I have a goal.


My second goal is to rehabilitate through the department of rehabilitation. After gaining employment maybe I will be able to afford a microloan through SBA to start the Business up or get funds through the Go Fund Me campaign.


As far as a relationship with someone of my religious faith this would be enjoyable after I lose 70 pounds. I walk up to 2 miles. I am determined to walk this route three times a week.


Maybe I will feel rejuvenated and attractive again. But if all else fails mans best friend the dog will do.


Surprisingly, I am a survivor that lived to tell my story of why I find it difficult to patch up any relationship. To this day I would advise any onlooker if you find anything that looks nice and fun especially the “sugar candy coated” note to let your family know right away.


















February 16, 2021 09:10

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.