2 comments

General

A/n: Ok so this took a while and I don’t know if anyone will take the time to read this but this story is based off of random memories that make no sense in my head, it's about a person who I knew a very long time ago then suddenly they vanished and I never saw them again. That person did have green eyes and messy light brown hair, and to this very day I still question his existence. This next part it part three of hallucination, it's from the green-eyed persons perspective. Please read this and tell me what you think! 

 

I'm dead right now, or at least I think I am. For all I know I could be neither dead nor alive. No one can see me, no one except one.  

But first, let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Thorne, I have light brown hair and emerald green eyes. There is only one thing that matters to me in this world, or should I say one person. Her name is Rose. She has long dark brown locks which match perfectly to the colour of her eyes. Her hair is so soft and silky, yet so long and luscious. She is the only person who has ever mattered to me, but now she is gone. 

“Thorne,” she says, her sweet melodic voice ringing in my ears. How I wish I could hear it again, how I wish she could be with me again. Why, why must death be so cruel? She's in prison, for attempted man slaughter. She tried to kill them for me, the ones who took me away from her. I still remember that ever so sharp needle. How it pierced into her skin and there was nothing I could do to save her.  

They called me names, a ‘hallucination’ whatever that’s meant to mean. Dammit, why can’t anyone see me. I want to kill them, all of them. THEY STOLE HER FROM ME! 

I can see her, through the metal bars. She resides in an empty cell, as empty as my heart now that we can no longer be together. It's as if I'm standing over her corpse, her lifeless body looks so weak and frail and her skin so seems saggy and pale. How I wish I could see her smile once more. That beautiful smile which lights up my whole world. I want to see how the corner of her eyes lift when she laughs, I want to see her embarrassed face as she takes the last slice of pizza, I want to see her cheeks become the same colour as her name. 

We only had each other, that’s all. And now it’s all gone. Were both lonely, forever we will live in this solitude. I don’t want that, especially not for her. 

 I remember how we were inseparable, like glue on paper. Ever since we were little we’d eat together, laugh together, learn together. I was happy with her. however, it can no longer be like that. 

Only five years ago we spoke of a wedding. She would be my beautiful bride as pure as the white dress she wore, her veil would fall like the freshly laid snow. I, of course, would be the handsome groom, her knight in shining armour. I would vow on my life to love and cherish her so long as her eternity would have allowed me. I guess that it would've only lasted five years, considering I'm dead now. 

Why can’t anybody see me? I'm lonely living in this unpleasant cycle. Every day I wake up almost invisible. I am invisible, or I must be if I can do nothing to get her out of jail. Can no one hear my cries? Can no one help me bear this burden? can no one hear my screams of anguish? 

I have always seemed invisible; I remember even the first time I told her I liked her. I was ready to give my life to prove it. But no one saw me fall, and my body wouldn’t hurt. It's almost as if I vanished, because then, standing right in front of her she couldn’t see me.  

“THORNE!!” she screamed crying in pain, no one knew who I was as they continued to comfort her until the ambulance arrived. She couldn’t see me, I was heartbroken, and even as I gradually overcame it, now it's happening again. 

I want to cherish her, to love and be loved. I feel both physically and emotionally exhausted, banging on the metal bars, screaming her name. No one will help me save her, no one will help her to live. I want to die; I can't live without her. I don’t want to live without my beautiful Rose right by my side. I feel lost and empty without her, as my mind slowly unravels into a discombobulated pile of goo. My hands feel like they're bleeding, I feel a warm, red, sticky liquid cover them as the beating increases in my fingertips.  

I can hear it now, hear voice shakily calling out to me. 

“Th-thorne, w-where are you...”  

“ROSE I’M RIGHT HERE” I scream as my voice chords almost break. I feel a mixture of emotions bubble up inside of me as my head hits against the cold, hard, iron bars. They vibrate onto my skull and leave a distasteful ringing in my ears.  

My world begins to fall into a blurred haze of falling colours as I slowly lose consciousness. 

2 hours later: 

Where am I? Where is Rose?? I’m still in the police station, my hands bloody and my head still against the iron bars. 

“are you alright there mate?” says presumably a police officer in a blue uniform.  

“w-where’s Rose?!” I ask, panicked. My forehead is sweating heavily and as I try to stand my legs give in and collapse again. 

“you’ve been calling for her all night, people were starting to get worried,” he replied with a genuine smile. I regain my balance and grab him by his collar, “WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!” I yelled in his face. “WHY ISN’T SHE HERE WITH ME?” I cried as I unhanded the confused and scared officer. 

“we have never seen anyone named Rose at this police station,” he replied looking bewildered. “you seemed to have lost it the other night, not even noticing us officers trying to calm you down, we were wondering why you were so desperately shouting her name and hitting the bars with your bare hands...” 

I look at him, dumbfounded. “IT’S NOT TRUE, TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE, PLEASE.” I cry 

“I'm sorry” he replies, looking deeply disturbed “we even called some specialist doctors,” he looks to the side and hesitates, finally answering slowly and quietly “it appears to them as if you have Schizophrenia.” 

June 05, 2020 19:17

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Elliot Thomas
19:20 Sep 11, 2020

This is an interesting take on a real life story. Losing the person you love is the hardest part of loving, especially in such a way as this. The grammar and general structure needs a bit of work. Do you plan on continuing this? If so, I would love to read it.

Reply

Roxie ...
10:45 Mar 04, 2021

I’m not sure if I’ll continue this, but thank you, I’ll try to edit it a bit later.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.