Everything is Beautiful !!đŸ˜ŠđŸ˜đŸ„°

Submitted into Contest #45 in response to: Write a story about change.... view prompt

15 comments

General

“Good morning students”

“Good morning Miss Sophia”


English! There are other subjects I like too but English definitely tops my list. I never get bored of it and am always ready to study it. I also love Miss Sophie’s teaching. She’s like another mom to me at school. She is serious during teaching yet she is a woman with a great sense of humour. Even some teachers feel envy of her and her envious popularity among students!


“Today, we are going to learn on ambitions and career. So, each one of you have to tell me your future career that you are pursuing after.”

One by one started answering her question.

“I want to be a doctor”

“I want to be a businessman”

“What about you, Quinn? What career are you pursuing?”

The question was directed to me. I felt numb at first but I quickly overcome it.

“I want to be a......fashion model!!!”


The whole class burst out laughing. Even Miss Sophie began to laugh softly. I just laugh along with them because I don’t want them to feel that their words affected me. I felt really sad at that moment. I’m a normal teen with a simple appearance. My parents said I was a pretty girl with a great personality who loved to laugh. But, there’s more to that. The problem was that I’m overweight and I have a dark complexion.


“Why are you so dark?”

“Fatty Quinn, hurry up! The bus is going to leave”

Those were the remarks I often received at school. I was practically bullied at school. A couple of students at school started picking on me. They would throw stuff at me and will take out their frustration on me too. I was so scared till I wouldn’t ride the bus and my mother had to take me to school.

After English lesson, I was walking to the cafeteria when someone grabbed me by my arm and slammed me against the school’s locker.

“How dare you try to escape us today!”


It was none other than Daniel Mason, the popular boy in school. There is only one person I hate and I just can’t believe my luck to run through him. He’s just too attractive enough to attract the girls in school. Without that looks and that face structure of a model, he wouldn’t be treated the same as he is now. When I stared at him, I couldn’t help but be jealous. Life is never fair.


He took all my luncheon money and went off leaving me there.

It was all my fault! I shouldn’t have kept my diary in my locker!

I couldn’t tolerate anymore of his nonsense. I was beyond furious. How could he judge me just by my appearance?


“HEY DANIEL!”

He turned around and look at me with a surprised look on his face.

“LISTEN UP DANIEL! I’M SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR ATTITUDE. LEAVE ME ALONE OR ELSE....” I balled up a fist and looked at it, wondering how to hit him. He was slightly taken aback with the incident. I was about to explode with rage. I stomped off past him.


This anger felt good for me. The encounter I had faced with Daniel two months ago was a nightmare for me. The memory was still vivid in my mind.

__________________________________________

2 months ago

“Hey”

“Hey Dani”

Her name is Daniella. She is my best friend at school. She is that one person, who stays by my side in my highs and lows. Her eyes sparkled even in the darkest of times. Honestly, she was the nicest person I knew at school. She was fun to hang out with and I loved her to the extent.

“Hurry up Quinn. We need to get to class.”

“You go on Dani. I will come in a short while”

“Okay, I will go first. Make sure to come before the bell rings”

“Okay sure.”

I had the habit of writing a diary. Since small, I love to write my personal experiences in my diary. I can self-reflect on gratitude or what I’ve done throughout the day and write it in my diary. I often did my daily reflection at night before bed. Due to the lots of homework done the day before, I had miss to review my diary that day.

“Okay, done”

I kept my diary in my locker and went to class as usual. In class, I noticed some odd behaviours. I heard mumbles and gossips at the back which the teacher isn’t aware of. This is so unusual. Guess some rumours were going on. I’m not the type to gossip so I didn’t care that much about what was going on.


History class was over at last. I thought it would never end. I was walking to the cafeteria with Dani when I noticed all eyes in the hallway were looking at us intently. Why are they looking at us? I was really confused. Both of us aren’t the attention seeking type. I glanced at Dani and she gave me a confused look.


“Look who’s here...the love girl,”

I turned around and was surprised to see Daniel. He rarely gives me attention. I just starred at him, too stunned to speak. From the golden locks that sat on top his head, to his perfectly defined jawline. And don’t even get started on those ocean- coloured blue eyes that made my heart flatter. He’s really was a good- looking guy that you could stare for a long time.

But, why is he here?

I snapped out of my thoughts. I was about to speak when a voice beats me to it.


“What are you doing here? And why are you calling Quinn ‘love girl’? Care to explain......”

Dani asked him with such an anger that made my heart rate goes fast.

“Oh really.....Then.. can I know whose diary am I holding now?”

He was waving a notebook in front of me. The book was quite familiar to me.

Wait a minute.....No, it can’t be....


IT WAS MINEEEEEEEE!!!!


Kill me now.


This is so embarrassing. I bet he would have read my diary. My pulse raced and I started breathing heavily, almost as if I would burst. My body temperature rose, and I could feel my blood boiling. Anger slowly took hold of me.


“It’s mine. I kept it in my locker. Give it back to me!!”

“Not so fast, love girl....So, you have a crush on me since you entered this school. Am I right?”


I was mortified, frozen to the spot. I felt traumatized. I couldn't believe it had happened, and in front of everybody too. I stood soaking in the cruel laughter, my head beginning to spin.


“IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!”

I quickly snatched the book from him and I ran from there. Tears of pain started running down my cheeks. My vision was blurry; it was difficult for me to see clearly. I just didn’t care. I continued running.

Once I stopped to catch my breath, my eyes widen at the sudden realization that I ended up at my house. Wow
that’s fast. I didn’t expect to run this much considering my body size.

I barged in and went straight upstairs. I was somewhat exhausted. I shouldn’t have brought along my diary to school. I shouldn’t have. I was on the verge of crying again. I sat in my room crying like a child, blowing my nose and sobbing.

I heard a sudden knock on my door.

“Quinn, are you there?”


It was my mom. My mother is my role model. She was the one who I aspire to be when I grow up. She is nice and smart. I wish to inherit most qualities of my mother to become a good person like her. She is also the most caring person I’ve ever known of. She’s really proud to have me as her daughter as she thinks that appearance doesn’t matter. The important thing is our character and personality. She likes me the way I am. I loved my mom the most because of that.


“Yes, mom. I’m here”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Don’t wo-worry about me”

I put on a false smile. I purse my lips to counteract the dry mouth that comes with lying. At that time, I was really anxious to tell this to mom. But I had to tell her anyway. I looked up at her and she was attentively observing me this whole time.


“No, you’re not. Quinn, tell me what happen at school today”

My mother listened while I poured out my anger and frustration. I poured out my feelings until I felt so empty. I felt like crying again. Mom put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.


“I can’t believe – why didn’t you-? This bullying has gone for enough! I’m calling your principal now!” She reached for her phone, but I blocked her.

“Mom, don’t!” I pleaded.

“That will only make them feel angry at me”

“Don’t be ridiculous,Quinn!” Mom told me.

“The school needs to handle this. They are deserved to be punished”

“Mom, it’s okay. I can handle this. Besides, I'm not a small baby anymore."

"Are you sure, Quinn?"

"Yes mom. Trust me"

“Okay, dear. If you insist. Quinn darling,...you've gone through a lot these days. But, do remember that there are many challenges in this world. Challenges are a part of everyday life. They make us stronger and without them life becomes somewhat meaningless because we have nothing to compare the good times to. Be yourself. Don’t change yourself for anyone. Just remember this, okay?”

“Okay, got it Mom! Thank you for this great advice. I feel better now”

__________________________________________

5 years later


3rd person’s view


“Now, it’s time to announce the 2020 Attaway Beauty Queen”

“The winner for


..our Attaway’s Beauty Queen
..QUINN HOLLISTER!”


She was the prettiest girl in that room. She has a long dirty blonde wavy hair. Her skin is as smooth as silk, almost like a porcelain doll. Her smile leaves everyone there breathless, speechless and heart pounding sometimes. All of them presented there was drawn by her hazel eyes and captured by her smile. Although she was dark, she showed everyone there that colour is not important for a beauty contest. She’s pretty the way she is.


“Good evening everyone. I’m Quinn Hollister. I’ve been modeling since last year. I’m really grateful enough to receive this award. It really means a lot to me. Thank you to everyone who supports me through this time.


Today, I can stand here. I have to say thank you to a little girl. She doesn’t look so pretty. Even to say, she is quite ugly. She usually stood in front of the mirror and repeatedly said that she would be somebody in future. Also at that time, she saw Miss Universe 2003 show. From that day onward, she imagined that if one day she can wear those beautiful clothes and appear in front of the whole world. It’ll be really good. Therefore, she tried so hard that no one could imagine, endured the pain that ordinary people could hardly imagine. She also thought of giving up. But in the end, she persisted. That girl is me today. It was a big change for me.


I want to give some advice to the girls who have low self-esteem and are standing in front of the TV. You are great and wonderful. My mom used to say to me that just be yourself. Don’t change yourself for anyone. Just dream, everything will be possible.”


As soon Quinn had done her speech, the audience who were attentively listening to her began clapping and cheering for her. The crowd went wild.


Dreams can inspire you. Goals can change your life. Dreams can bring you motivation. They can inspire you. But, goals can change your life forever just like Quinn’s life.


Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

—Confucius


June 13, 2020 02:14

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Anjali Malik
15:50 Jun 22, 2020

Hey , your story was truely good and a bit relatable... Keep writing and going ahead...and ya EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL By the way ,where are you from??đŸ€”

Reply

16:01 Jun 22, 2020

Thank you so much Anjali! You too!😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Batool Hussain
11:32 Jun 21, 2020

Great story! Mind checking my recent story out?' Thanks.

Reply

13:25 Jun 21, 2020

Thank you Batool! I'm glad you liked it! Sure,no problem!😉

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Deborah Angevin
11:07 Jun 18, 2020

Wow, I like a story that delivers such a great message! Would you mind checking my recent story too? Thank you! :)

Reply

11:32 Jun 18, 2020

Thank you so much Deborah! I'm glad you liked it!😊 I was just checking yours...😅😅

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Grace M'mbone
19:14 Jul 04, 2020

Harshini you are a great writer. I love how you have fashioned your flow. I learn a lot from writers of your ilk. I would really appreciate it if you would take a look at my story, A Man. Great work you've done Harshini. Please keep writing

Reply

02:29 Jul 05, 2020

Hi Grace! Thank you so much for this feedback! I really appreciate it!😄😉 Sure, no problem at all! I will check it out right away!😊 You too! Have a great day Grace!❀

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Ranya Navarez
00:07 Jun 27, 2020

This is a good story!

Reply

01:56 Jun 27, 2020

Thank you Ranya! I'm glad you liked it! Have a great day Ranya! :))))

Reply

Ranya Navarez
02:22 Jun 27, 2020

You're welcome! And you, too!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
01:41 Sep 04, 2020

Such great talent!

Reply

02:59 Sep 05, 2020

Thank you Sarah! That means a lot to me! Have a great day Sarah! :)))💜💜

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Gayatri 21
00:33 Jul 10, 2020

Hey Harshini!! Very interesting story. Enjoyed reading it!! Keep writing more like this:)

Reply

03:56 Jul 10, 2020

Thank you Gayatri! I'm glad you liked it! Your story was great too! Sure! You too! :)))

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.