Scary Valentine's day text message prank

Submitted into Contest #34 in response to: Write a story told entirely through text messages or emails.... view prompt

2 comments

General

short setting- This story is set in California in the middle of the night on Valentines night.

Hannah is at home alone, in her bedroom waiting on her husband to come home to spend Valentine's together.

Tick and Tock, around and around the hands of the clock move.

Ping! , Ping!, the phone of Hannah sounded as text messages came in from a stranger and restricted number.

Unknown- ("Hello Hannah.")

Hannah-("Yes, this is Hannah and who is this?)

Unknown-("This is your stalker, I been watching you for years now.")

Hannah-("Oh let me guess, now you're going to ask what my favourite scary movie? hahaha!)

Unknown-("No, This is not a movie but if you want to call it a movie, in this scary movie, our star Hannah is not going to survive to tell her story.")

Hannah- ("Oh really, I can't wait to die, Listen, you freak. I don't know if you're using drugs or a psychopath but I am warning you to leave me alone.")

Unknown-("Where is your husband, Tommy, it's getting late and he not home from work, I wonder where he could be tied up.")

Hannah-(I don't know who you are but I am warning you, I have a black belt in karate and I am not scared to use my karate skill also my husband has police friends that would make sure, you never see daylight again, you would spend all the rest of your miserable days in a cold and lonely jail cell regretting you ever texted me.")

Unknown-( "You hate karate, I know everything about you, All you like doing is that pretty face, your hair and nails every day but don't worry that pretty face of your won't go to waste even in death it will glow.")

Hannah-("Stop texting me and leave me alone, Go search for a job, a woman or somebody else to molest.")

Unknown-("I admire your bravery but I know behind that brave face is scared little girl, check the pictures I send you.")

Hannah see pictures with her husband Tommy sitting in a chair, with his hands and foots chained around a chair, duck tape covering his mouth and a knife to his two throat

Hannah's heart is pounding, she is nervous causing her fingers to tremble on the phone keyboard.

Unknown- ("Don't worry Tommy is going to be okay for now and only if you cooperate, If you call the police I will know and I will kill Tommy, then bring his dead body in your back yard. Can you live with knowing you're responsible for the death of the man you marry and claim you love.")

Hannah- ("Please don't hurt my husband, I will pay you any amount of money you want or I will do anything you want.")

Unknown-("I can see your serious now, we'll you know, what they say, after laughing is crying, I don't want money, I want you to first answer my ten questions, You will answer them one by one", I will ask you the first question to test your honesty.")

Hannah-("I will do anything, as long you don't hurt Tom neither me.")

Unknown-(Question 1, When it was your honeymoon night, what gift did Tommy give you")

Hannah-(He give me a beautiful and diamond necklace, I have it on my neck right now, I wear it everywhere even when I bathe because I love it.")

Unknown-("Correct, question 2, Have you ever committed infidelity? and I know the truth, I see everything and I know everything If you lie Tommy is dead.")

Hannah-("No, I never cheated on my husband, I love him so much, he is the only man my eyes see and my heart feels for".)

Unknown-("Question 3, Christmas night, Did you eat all the cookies, Tommy mother baked for you and him".)

Hannah-("Yes I ate it all and I blamed our dog Maxs because I couldn't resist the smell of the cookies and the delicious taste".)

Unknown-( "Question 4, why did you marry poor Tommy and not the rich man Carl, you could be living in a mansion by now".)

Hannah-("Because love isn't bought or paid for, I loved him not his money and that's all matters to me.")

Unknown-("Question 5, Do you enjoy your husband cooking.")

Hannah-(No I don't but I tell him I do because I don't want him to feel bad, Tommy always burns the food but I appreciate that he tries to cook when I am sick.")

Unknown-("Question 6, Where is your daughter Emily.")

Hannah-("I carried her to spend the night by your grandparents because I wanted her father and me to have a great valentine together.")

Unknown-(" Question 7, What did you prepare for valentines tonight")

Hannah-(I set the dining table with plates, forks, spoons and red scented candles, then I prepared Tom favourite food; bake macaroni, jerk chicken, fruit salads and crush potatoes along with a red bottle of wine".)

Unknown-("Question 8, What do you have a plan for Valentine tonight with Tom".)

Hannah-("I want us to have dinner, stare into each other eyes while drinking our wine and our lips glue together while the red candles burnt outside.")

Unknown-("What did Tom promise you this morning?")

Hannah-( "He whispered in my eyes that, he would make this Valentine Day the best and memorable.")

Unknown-("This is the tricky and last question, remember I know everything, Do you think Tommy committing infidelity because he has been coming home late from work if you answer this question wrong I kill you and Tommy.")

Hannah-("Absolutely no!, he is not cheating on me nor I don't have to think about the that, I know my husband, he loves me alone and I could bet my life on it.")

Unknown-("Good wife, Tommy should be proud to have you cause you trust and love him, Tommy and you will live. I put a gift under the bed for you, open the gift first then I will tell you where you can find Tom.")

Being confused, she looked under the bed and sees a red and big box. When she opens the box inside there is a box of chocolate, fresh-scented roses and a beautiful red gown.

Ping! and Ping! , the phone sounded

Unknown-("Honey, It's me, Tommy, I am working late tonight but I still wanted you to have a great Valentines. My friends help me take out the pictures, I did promise you that I would make you never forget this Valentine day, so I planned a prank, I love you since the first day I met you and My love for you will never die, please put on the dress I bought and wait for me at the dining table, my love.")


March 24, 2020 16:57

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tyra Johnson
00:47 Mar 25, 2020

My story is about a husband pranking his wife on Valentine night, that he has been kidnapped by a stranger, which is texting her phone. The husbands asks questions he desire to know the answer too, then convinces the wife he wouldn't hurt if she answer correctly. In the end the woman answered all the questions correctly and found out it was her husband along

Reply

Zilla Babbitt
00:13 Apr 02, 2020

I like the scary here, this is a nice dramatic tension, but it seems like this husband doesn't trust his wife at all. He pretended to be stalker to see if she was cheating on him and if she thought he was cheating on her! If I were Hannah I'd certainly never forget that night. He'd have a ringing headache and possibly be half deaf by the time I was finished shouting at him.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.