18 comments

Sad Fantasy

Exordium of Repercussion: Time destroys. Destroy time. The two utterly precise words that are put together and when they swap chronology, they gain entirely divergent meanings. When time destroys you, you destroy time. Forever. Oh my love, ever wondered if we could turn the clock hand? If we could change the course of time to make everything seem perfect? Sometimes a curse is born within time itself,  that ruins the actions taken by explicitly correct people. Have you ever fallen in love with someone who is on the death bed and soon off to another world? Have you ever been immensely desperate for someone who has a distinction of day and night with you? Anastasia herself wept in melancholy as she spoke her last sentence. “I sense the desire to break every clock present in the universe. Time is the most authentic malediction. Destiny never fades, never.” Epilogue. 

Embedded Content: Dear Diary, the first chapter is the curse of intimacy. I wonder what it does to every part of you, letting your heart beat for another heart. Ever since I met Seth, I feel my contemporary presence in an eternal sleep where sweet sensations have surrounded my soul. I love him, and that is all I should be aware of. The eccentric and idiosyncratic actions taken by me around him are in the name of love, only in the name of love which no one can elucidate to me. Last week, his proposal made me rush to cloud nine. I was immensely exhilarated. Indeed, a man is someone who decorates a woman’s heart with diamonds before he decorates her finger with expensive diamonds. I love him, and my life revolves around these three words.

Love,

Anastasia

As soon as she jotted down a few sentiments of her heart, she hastily shut her eyes for a while and began to contemplate how serendipitous and lucky she was to enter someone’s life who she loved to this extent. It felt like a dream turning into reality. Seth and her were committed to each other and were soon inclined to encounter the joys of matrimony together. Realistically, her fiancé was about to arrive at her place from New York City after a business meeting tonight and she was earnestly desperate to meet him. In the honor of his arrival, she had prepared delectable dishes filled with all her love and affection for him. An extremely mouth watering Alfredo Fettuccine with sautéed stir fry, prepared with tender chicken and lastly, battered garlic and mayo fries. Indeed, it was the type of meal that would set Seth’s heart on it, but the best part was for it to be made out of immense love.  Ana lived in a pulchritudinous domicile near Oxford Street, London which made it easier for people to reach her residence, and when the bell rang, she jumped joyfully and ran off to the front door. As soon as Seth’s gaze met Ana's eyes, he planted a kiss on her lips and embraced her warmly. The furnace had been turned on for warmth, an ambrosial aroma was spread across the room due to the appetizing food that had been placed on the table, and both of them had been seated. The gorgeous couple consumed the repast with relish and Seth totally praised Ana's culinary skills. A despondent question from Seth’s side completely grabbed Ana's attention, it was heart wrenching to even contemplate something like that. “What if I leave the world and never come back? What would you do my love?”, exclaimed Seth. She felt poignant by what Seth asked her, it was blasphemous for her to imagine his absence and it didn’t make literal sense to her. “Are you out of your bloody mind? How could you think of saying something like that?” Anastasia yelled. Seth guffawed and soon explained how it was just a little joke but it still did get on Ana’s nerves, but he apologized for that. “Fuck you Seth, you ruined my entire mood. You really do know how much I love you right, don’t you?” Ana exclaimed. Both of them changed the current topic, started talking about something different and silently went to bed. 

Premonition is such an atrocious and malevolent force, every soul approves it. No one knew that it would turn into barbaric malice for someone’s heart. A damned and vicious day it was, nothing was correct because his apprehension ruined everything. As soon as Ana got out of bed, she realized that Seth had left for work, so turned on the television for a while with the remote in her hand. Right there, the remote dropped from her hand and broke into pieces just as her heart shattered into a million pieces in that one moment. Anastasia breathed heavily with utter dismay of her mind and tears fell from her eyes as she came to know that the love of her life had passed away in a car accident. Ana's mom rushed to her house to see if she was alright and as soon as she saw her, everything felt sarcastically gloomy. A pensive thought struck Ana's mind, God it’s brutal out there. She hugged her mom and sobbed as loud as she could, “Tell me why, Mom? Come on, tell me?” It was elucidated that Ana was in a state of concussion as she couldn’t believe what had happened. Her mom tried to console the wounds that had been drawn on her heart, “It’s alright my love, life goes on.” 

Mendacity, mendacity, mendacity. This was all that Ana could anticipate, even at Seth’s funeral. Indeed, it felt abhorrent to believe that the love of her life had left her alone. Right at the end of the funeral, she decided to say a few words about everything that happened, the reason it took place and how it would eventually become a part of her life. 

Subsequent Eulogy: We live for once, we die for once and we love for once. Indeed, love is a merry sweet feeling that comes once in a lifetime, it is the spirit of youth that you desire to begin and end life with. The majority witness it, spend a lavish life in the name of love and then leave the world when they find themselves in elderliness. At the end, we’re left with a strange ironic question. What if we can’t find the right timing? Yes, we dream of what we love but God doesn't want it. Man proposes, God disposes. It doesn't end here, we are the right people but the time was cursed and everything was meant to happen. Lastly, time destroys and you destroy time, that’s it. Time is a hostile curse that destroys everything that you desire for, everything that you love more than yourself. The good part is that you destroy time too, but not that soon. Afterlife is eternity, nothing ends and everyone is brought together. Yes, I will win my love back in heaven where time is nowhere, I’d be proud to say that I destroyed time. It destroyed me, I destroyed it. Anastasia herself wept in melancholy as she spoke her last sentence, “I sense the desire to break every clock present in the universe. Time is the most authentic malediction. Destiny never fades, never.” Epilogue.

July 15, 2022 16:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

18 comments

James Ellie
15:50 Feb 28, 2023

Love this story! I saw somewhere you are the co-author of a book, Zenith. Where can i read it

Reply

Sarah Salman
09:37 Apr 19, 2023

Thank you so much! The book is available at the website, https://twspublications.com/. You could check it out over there!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Laleh R
04:36 Jul 21, 2022

Wow! I absolutely LOVE this story! Your writing is sensational and is a pleasure to read! I loved the line “ I sense the desire to break every clock present in the universe. Time is the most authentic malediction. Destiny never fades, never.” I always thought time was bitter sweet, but you showed me a different perspective. Keep up the AMAZING work!

Reply

Sarah Salman
07:26 Jul 21, 2022

Awww, thank you so much love! This was such a sweet comment from your end. I'm so glad you liked the story and thank you so much for giving it a read. <333

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Annie Rose
11:02 Jul 18, 2022

In love with your story! Way to go girl!

Reply

Sarah Salman
11:04 Jul 18, 2022

Thank you love.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Annie Rose
11:01 Jul 18, 2022

First of all, the way you started the story was truly mesmerising. I wonder how you came up with such a thought provoking way to start the prompt. It really does depend upon fortune and time is the most authentic malediction. Loved how Anastasia firmly believes in that and doesn't lose hope. Good job Sarah! You totally deserve a win. Best of luck!

Reply

Sarah Salman
11:04 Jul 18, 2022

That means alot to me! You guys are immensely supportive. Thank you for reading it and leaving such a heart warming comment down there.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maheen Khan
06:58 Jul 18, 2022

This one deserves a win!

Reply

Sarah Salman
06:59 Jul 18, 2022

Awww, thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Maheen Khan
06:58 Jul 18, 2022

Oh my God! This is such a good one to be very honest, loved how you wrote it! Love this.

Reply

Sarah Salman
06:59 Jul 18, 2022

Thank you so much love!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eleven Hopper
07:24 Jul 17, 2022

Your story is extremely interesting and thought provoking! Keep it up!

Reply

Sarah Salman
07:25 Jul 17, 2022

Awww thank you!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Eleven Hopper
07:23 Jul 17, 2022

Wow! The idea of time being the most authentic malediction stole my heart and its quite relatable. Love this!

Reply

Sarah Salman
07:25 Jul 17, 2022

One of the ideas that have been crossing my mind! Thank you so much!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Anaya Sethi
07:21 Jul 17, 2022

Love your story! One of the best ones I've read till now! Good job once again! You're immensely talented.

Reply

Sarah Salman
07:25 Jul 17, 2022

Thank you so much for the love and support! You guys are so sweet!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.