2 comments

Contemporary Inspirational Friendship

 Firmly believe everything could be happened in this world ,nothing is impossible. sometimes ,Inbreded 1950 to 1975,saw great changes in the world, especially in science and technology ,inclusion in Every field of life.

During or around the era of world wars,poverty excelled and the nation’s mentally deteriorated and disappointed, danced at large ,though all these experiences pointed “That person or nation would kiss success,who ,continued their walk in hardships”.

Our life belong to the third world .Still there are hardships and disappointment in many sectors of life. Great wall of disappointment stood in the way of Women folk.

Gul Aunty, known as a profound figure of our village ,deficient divorced.All the womenfolk shared secret with her. Still striking poverty and hobbled unbalanced life ,saw her helping the needy.”From where did you get the amount?The Aunty's answer stood simple,” I’m egoless,worked in houses and make money”.


She had a shack outside the village with a small lawn and the walls were covered by the barbed wire.She was touching her mid thirties,indeed ,pretty, she now thinking cross about her life,considering her self unsafe and cut kite.whenever she had some health issues,no doubt,people respect and loved her,they helped her financial,instead ,showing no willing, ready to stay with her for her care.

• She became frail,often found unconscious in washroom. It had been summer,sitting under the lawn shade ,watching Small birds gathered round the boiled rice and water bowls.She felt easy and cosy, seeing them.All the birds had flown,except one,  caused stuck in the barbed fencing.Aunty took a big wood stick and gave a jerk to the barbed wire fence,bird had fallen down.She took the bird for dead.After a little while ,the bird made a motion,she put some water in her mouth,she drank it,eyes opened,gave some mash corn,she ate it.The bird started taking steps but couldn’t able to fly,she slowly took steps.The second day,she gave little rice , still she was weak,she walked but couldn’t fly due to frailing condition.Now the birds condition was improving day by day. Summer simmering goushly, Aunty accustomed to put some rice and water to them.

wedding ceremony in the nearby Nearby town lighted with wedding lights,Aunty attracted to a widower,Mr Hamid, a millionaire. He proposed Aunty.In a nutshell, Aunty got married and blessed with two siblings.Life continued running on proper rails,Aunty,didn’t stop feeding the birds.Every day,she used to visit her shack,along with attendees.The shack took the shape of an "Aviary" with the addition of color full birds hatchling ,if we say,imported stuff would not be wronged,were added in the Aviary. Now,Economics and social life of Aunty changed.  Became so much popular ,people suggested her to participate in the Local Bodies Election for women seat.All the villagers create funds for her,later, got declared "unopposed Elected Member.

Time turned up for everyone,now Aunty's time shone brightly and a day came , her status rosedup to the position of Member of Provisional Assembly.

After a decade, I went to my village ,pirpia, situated near Indus River.During British Indian Era,pirpia,was called “Little England”by the locals and by the government officials.In 1936, first time ,as a first come first basis,Electricity ,with ten watts bulb and Radio set was awarded to the village.All the villagers were mainly Deployed in Army,in both the world wars,they proved their loyalty to the British Empire.So,the Government reciprocate with all the facilities of that era,granted to pirpia like Schools,roads,hospital,railway station,playing grounds,.In summer,water spray truck and Now after so many years ,the village came up with the latest Version of Experience.Aunty worked very hard,her Husband was also assist greatly in this great cause..He stood by her side and changed the entire structure of the district.

Elders says" When God gives a pretty face,Loveniness comes itself".The most promising fact was the changing personality of Aunty.Her dressing,way of talk,using English appropriate,was amazing.For sometimes one forget the old Aunty,washing dishes,cleaning houses with the brooms,cooking ,crawled, in front of eyes.One of my old realitives told me ,real cause of her progress in life and a big change,changed her entire life style,they answered me , the day she took the care of that injured and sick bird,her life started improving and the improvement took her to the highest bid of life.

Everything got improved ,Aunty became busy with her life,her attention from the birds diverted towards political activities. .Now the birds seemed frail and unhealthy.The attendents didn’t care the birds.The birds mortality rate started rising heavily,sometimes it felt the birds,missed her badly.In a protest they stopped feeding themselves.The master has an important role for the uplift of life .Aunt's Aviary proved it worth mentioning,children used to come from far flung areas as a fun or even to gain knowledge purposes. Aunty still didn’t have time from her daily business to visit the birds.Every business needs care.It’s water arrangement,food ,medicines greatly neglected by the attendants and day by day birds facing death.Now ,the shed giving an empty look.

Inspite of her rising graph,her rivals gave her a tough time.She totally engrossed in her political activities.Present situation perturbed her life. Her son got injured in life attempt.Now she became restless and ran up to her village,to see the birds.She became frustrated and anger,when she saw their derailment.She cried bitterly like a child.The most amazing scenario took place,that was she took the bird one by one in her hand and apologize,like someone became apologetic tensely.She dismissed the staff,about fifty staff members were recruited.She stood their in her shack for three days,appointed new staff.Now she ordered to install surveillance system in the shed.Every day after two hours she used to glance her shed.Now ,the birds diverted again to life.She shocked when saw birds died ,all in this hustle.


Now,General Election arrived.Early in the morning,she talked with the birds,and prayed for her success.The whole day she visited every polling station,just to create harmony among the masses.Bird sign allotted to her in election.

She lost the election but she looked content.

“My ambition took me to select a wrong road,my life goal was to look after the birds,they are vitally thankful than humans,firmly decided going back to shack,for the proper nutrition of my birds folk,after developing human sector,now it’s time to boost the dumb sector."she patiently said to Mr Hamid.”Mr Hamid didn’t paused,showed his concern for shack by showing his luggage besides him. The End.”Aviary "


June 25, 2021 09:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Tariq Saeed
19:32 Jul 01, 2021

Thank you Laura.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
10:25 Jun 29, 2021

Thank you very much Reedsy for the approval of my story "Aviary ".

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.