0 comments

Crime Fiction Romance

Orion sat on the boot of his old Acura NSX, and blew out another puff of smoke from his cigarette. The white smoke made a lovely contrast to blue hues of the night sky. The starry night played as a backdrop to the lit up metropolis he called home.

Although not the lit up parts, he belonged to the murky underbelly of the town, the people society wished didn't exist, but still needed in order to function. Someone needed to be getting their hands dirty after all.

Orion had silver hair and silver eyes, unique features he inherited from his mother 40years ago. he was more than 6feet tall and intimidatingly muscular with tattoo sleeves on both his arms.

it was quiet by the cliffside where he was parked, it would have been perfect if not for the incessant tapping coming from within the boot of his car.

He opened it, entirely too exasperated at that point, and pulled a woman roughly out of the boot.

"Stop all that tapping! I was gonna let you out." Orion hissed.

The woman scoffed, her plump caramel lips spread in a teasing smile.

She tried to stretch her limbs, but her legs and hands were bound, "In order to kill me." She replied, seating herself languidly on the open boot, her red figure hugging dress flattering on her richly melanated skin tone.

Orion quirked his brow at her, "You knew?"

"Of course, I understand my cowardly husband better than anyone." Adaliya looked intently at Orion and smiled.

"You look confused. Penny for your thoughts?" she asked, the car horns blared from below coming from distant highways.

"How do you know about this?" Orion knew the husband thought his wife had no idea he had caught on to her infidelity, "He knows you cheated, now your husband wants to off you, why is it like you're enjoying this?" Orion asked, bewildered by this woman for more reasons than he cared to think of.

"I'll cut to the chase Orion, from the moment I saw you, I had to have you. And this was the only way I knew how to make you mine again."

"So you have two choices," Adaliya continued, "you can kill me and get your money. Or, be loyal to me and me alone."

"I don't understand, how do you know who I am?" Orion was getting agitated, he reached at his belt and pulled his gun, the confusion etched on his brow uncanny.

"The same way you got to know mine, you can call it, research." Adaliya not moved by his performance, stood upon bare feet and hopped into the hulking mass that he was, it was electric where her skin met his, also somewhat uncomfortable.

"I've pulled a lot of strings for us to be where we are right now. It's almost maddening how long I had to wait, but standing this close to you? it was worth it."

"So you knew what your husband was planning for you?"

"He's not as smart as he'd like to think he is, if I was actually cheating? he'd never have found out." Adaliya implying something Orion didn't quite understand.

"So you didn't cheat?"

"I did." Ada responded.

"But you didn't actually cheat?" Orion thought for a moment then realized, "You wanted to get caught."

Ada placed a finger on her nose agreeing.

"Why did you wanna get caught?"

"For you, I knew he'd hire you. He liked you a lot, even if I'm the one who put your file among his stack of candidates."

"Why did you do it, for me? I don't get it." Orion asked putting the gun to his side.

"Curious?" Adaliya quirked an immaculately trimmed brow at him and continued.

"Because growing up, I lived in a bad neighbourhood, and grew up in an even worse family. Gunshots, screaming and crying everywhere.

I was such a snot nosed brat, I'd always cry and run outside, sit by the steps while my mom got beat up."

"On the same street, there was this Filipino boy who always had scars and bruises on his face. He was constantly taking hits from his dad everyday. Only 14years old and I was 10 at the time. The kid just couldn't mind his own damn business."

"He left me chocolates everyday and somehow that made me feel better, can you imagine? just that." Adaliya laughed while recollecting.

Adaliya looked up at Orion, she snuggled closer to his chest and said.

"I never forgot about you. I wanted to be in a better place for the both of us, that's why I married that jackass."

"Ada, we were just kids, we've changed." Orion replied after being quiet for a very long time, he remembered immediately the boy she was talking about.

The one who wanted nothing but to see Ada smile even if he didn't have much to give her. The whole time he believed she never noticed cause she never said anything to him, yet for years he continued to leave her small gifts.

When he was 16 he had to leave his home because his Father died and he had nowhere to go. The only family he knew afterwards were gangs. How could she have possibly found him?

"Not me, I'm still the same." Adaliya determinedly looked at Orion and said, "Hey, I love you okay?"

Orion didn't hesitate before he wrapped his hands tightly around Ada and something within him calmed down for the first time since he left his neighbourhood. He felt like he was home.

Orion began to untie the binds on Ada's wrists when Ada stopped him.

"No wait." Ada whispered, "Keep them on." She smirked. Orion's silver eyes pierced through Ada's brown ones and she gave a full blown smile.

"Oh?" Orion said.

Ada placed her two hands on Orion's ample chest, she touched him slowly, an explorative touch, though she did not break their heated gaze.

Ada drew closer to Orion and Orion gravitated towards her lips. His heart beating loudly in his ears. Their lips touched and he felt even hotter.

Ada took a sharp inhale through her mouth and then wrapped her lips around Orion's bottom lip. He held her head in place, by putting his large hand at the back of it and deepened their kiss.

Ada sighed into the kiss feeling so much contentment at being held by Orion. She pulled away and said.

"More." in a breathy and light tone.

Orion's eyes were obviously dilated, and he dove into her neck with his hungry mouth and held her body even closer to him. Ada kept releasing stuttered breaths and light moans because it was becoming just the right amount of too much for Ada.

Ada whispered into Orion's ear, "I'm gong to make sure you get addicted to me, until there's nothing left of either of us."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" Orion asked.

"Both." Ada replied, smiling at him.

April 15, 2021 19:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.