1 comment

Horror Science Fiction Suspense

It was always her and her thoughts. Never once has anyone seen her talking to anyone, other than herself. Everyone thinks she's crazy. No one knows what's going on her head. Except for me. Akuji. I'm Akuji. I am her friend.

When she feels alone. I'm right behind her. I don't see her in the night time as much. But during the daylight, I'm always in her footsteps. I was with her since her parents passed. They passed in a car accident. Except for her. She was only 3.

She was found by police, they saw her unconcious, not breathing. She was classified as dead, until the revived her. When she recovered, they took her to an orphanage. I was there. I was there witnessing this chaos. I was there since her birth. She was adopted into a foster home for a few years, until she got into her teenage years.

She was known as a troublesome child. She had nightmares since that accident that just got worse and worse every single day, ending on a worse and worse ending that just doesn't stop. She wasn't alone in the home. Besides the owners, there was a couple teenagers and three children. She was the youngest. She wasn't social. In fact, no one has heard her speak for almost 12 years of living in the same foster home. The only person she needs to talk to is me. And it will remain that way.

One night, the night before she left the foster home, she had a nightmare. No ordinary nightmare that she gets every night. She saw a shadow. a gastly, monstrosity of a dark beast that could easily destroy a battle field with one flick of the finger. It had large muscles the size on 10 elephants. Deep blood red eyes that could send you to a coma. A large, blade-like teeth that makes the sinister grin that could tear a building into two in one bite. It has dragon like wings and a scaly, navy blue skin that covers everything but one major part of this creature that stood out to her most, the horns. The horns were the most horrendous. It was like antelope antlers, but much thicker and longer. What disturbed her most about the horns is that there were heads of innocent people impaled by the horns. She found the creature in a dark room. It was sitting on a throne of bones and skulls.

It demands her to step forward and do as he is told, of there will be a major consequence. It calls it "On the Clock". It gives her the following rules:


No matter what It says, no matter how disturbing to her, she completes the task

No matter the consequence that the overworld gives to offer, she completes the task

If she forbids to do what is told, she will be punished

If she questions the tasks that is given by It, she will be punished

If she dares to outwit or messes up even in the slightest, she will be punished


It will give her 10 total tasks. If she does them all correctly, she is free. Otherwise... She was stuck. She couldn't say no. She doesn't know what the punishment may be, but she won't ask.


The game begins


1. Take a human eyeball of your choice

2. kill a man with no sin

3. burn down the previous orphanage she was in as a child

4. make a weapon out of a stick and a stone, and cut a new victim's ear off

5. get the blood of a chimpanzee and it has to be fresh

6. the skull of her biological mother from her gravestone

7. slit your wrist and drain the blood into a mason jar

8. if you're still alive, drink the blood

9. return to the demon in 75 hours

10. hesitate, you will be punished


She wakes up in a cold sweat. Her heart was racing. She didn't know if it were real or not, she couldn't help but think that it was real. She turned to look for me, but I wasn't there like she thought I was. I was trapped into her mind, never to see her again until she does as she is told.

----------------------------------------------------------------


It was 3am, out of bed, wandering the halls not knowing what to do. The clear hallway was interrupted by a long, metallic blade in the middle, as the only light, dim as ever, shining over it.

The game begun.

She squats down to grab the sharp blade in her shaking grasp. She decides to go to her nearest room to her bedroom, the oldest girl. Taylor. She holds her breath, puts the pillow over her face, so she won't feel the pain until she wakes up again. She puts pressure onto the pillow as Taylor tries her best to breath and scream. Taylor's muffled screams and constant squirming trying to break free from this pillow of death. Then.. Taylor stopped moving.

She takes a deep breath, and starts making an incision around the eyelid to be able to get ahold of the life changing organ. She slowly and carefully wrapped her fingers around the eyeball and slowly plucked it out like a rose. She clips the cord where the eyeball was attached to her brain is, without killing Taylor. She successfully pulls the eye out of her socket. The girl looks around, chanting that she completed the first task. She waited, and waited, and waited.


An hour passes by, still no response. With still blood on her hands, she looked at Taylor's bloody face. The girl felt guilty. Why did I choose her? The girl attempts to make it look like it wasn't the girl by removing any visible footprints on the ground. She cleansed the knife that she used on Taylor and washed her hands. She changes her clothes and threw her blood-soaked nightgown in the washer to get the blood off. She sat the eyeball down by the sink to make sure she doesn't lose it.

The girl walked away to dry her hands, turned around, and the eyeball wasn't there. In a panic, she rushed to the place over where the eyeball was. There was nothing but a note. The note read:


Task 1 complete

Well done, youth, you have survived the first part of the task...Only 9 more to go...

tick tock...

only 68 hours left...

tick tock..


I'll be waiting


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Part 2 coming soon :)

February 03, 2021 19:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Melina Verhoff
20:05 Feb 03, 2021

This was by far my favorite story I have ever made. There was no inspiration to it, except for the prompt, If you like this kind of stuff, part 2 is coming soon :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.