0 comments

Mystery Horror Adventure

Maria was a 12 year old living in downtown.She is living in highschool and isn't used to all the noises of the city.She had always been in a peaceful ambiance.She had recently turned 12 and so felt like an adult.She even changed her room.Before she used to stay in a room next to her parent's room but now she shifted to a room upstairs in her house.Maria would always feel she was different from other fellows and she always found herself unique and distinct and thus,less friends too .it was quite weird for everybody to see that she had being pampered and being cared for more than needed by her parents .she was all this sick of their behaviour .Her parents were'nt happy either when she shifted her room but she somehow forcefully made them agree. Maria was a willowy girl having bright dark eyes, long sleek hair ,a big bright smile aka she was a quite beautiful girl . Everybody would say she was just like her mother and that her habits as well her looks are same as of her mother's.Maria parents had fine wealth and lived in a big house she was all good and happy but there was one issue, whenever she would ask her parents about when she was a baby and where had they kept all her baby photos, they wouldn't either answer or make a weird excuse.and she had a mark on her chin that was browmish and large and whenever she would ask her parents about it they would say it was a birth mark but Maria never believed it.She couldn't understand why her parents did not want to tell her anything about her childhood, what kind of a baby she was?, Did she cried a lot?, Was she cute?, Much more then that but the strange thing was that they never wanted to talk about her childhood and were always upset after hearing her questions.

It was one winter when Maria had holidays and she went to meet her grandparents and live the winters with them the day they arrived at her grandparents place she give them loads of hugs.grandma told her thus was the house she used to live when she was a little baby to which maria said,"Really grandmother,mom and dad never really tell me about the babyhood". everybody strated getting a little awkward thus grandma changed the topic. At night, grandma and mom sat by the fire,talking about And that and Maria sat watching dad and grandpa play chess closely. Maria said,"grandpa you said you would teach me how to play this game?", Grandpa replied"do remember I promised that to you . And I will soon teach you but for now I want you to enjoy and see e your dad losing from his dad".Maria's dad said,"oh really.not so soon dad". Then they all spend some time happily together.

Next morning I woke up to her mother and grandmother talking, she pretended like she was asleep as she felt that their conversation was a bit suspicious. She heard her mother say,"its been a long time,me and maria's dad are always worried for our girl". Grandma said," we are always worried for her to it was such a horrific time I say. I always pray for her safety and health. She looks quite fine to me now just more beautiful. we love her and we will never let anything happen to her but she turned 12 a few days ago did you feel anything wrong in her behaviour or something around her".

"No not when she is awake but I sometimes feel there is something wrong when she sleeps I feel like she can't sleep peacefully",said mom.

"It is all your mistake you should have never opened that box in the garage when you had her in your hands that day ",said grandma.

"I know it was my mistake .I should have never gone to the garage 11 years ago anyway .I never knew the box was possessed I just found it pretty and thought it was an antique jewellery box which nobody wanted to use I see like it had an enchantment to it",said mom explaining the horrific event.

"I think there is someone outside the door let me check who it is",said grandma. And then Maria ran to the other room so that grandma wouldn't know Maria had heard all her conversation.

The whole night Maria was in shock she did not know the thing that she thought in herself was uniqueness was not something normal except it was spooky. there was something wrong with her .now Maria slowly realised why a boy got scared in her class when she just smiled at him and then the boys phone left the school. Now my area was curious as well as word because you wanted to know everything that happened to her 11 years ago. What is that box?, What was in it?, How did it get to the garage?, Is it still there?. Maria had many questions in her mind but she did not want to talk to any of the family members about it since she knew it was of no use and that they would never tell her anything.

Now, Maria had to do something so next morning, she woke up and went to find some clue about what as she could know about the enchanted ,yet spooky box and whatever was inside it. She found out that mum was cooking breakfast and grandma was in the garden watering had lemon tree.

"Grandma where are dad and grandpa gone to?",said maria.to which grandma said,"they have gone for a morning walk my dear".Maria Thought," it is the best and perfect time to sneak into the garage and see what is that bloody box about".

"I am going to the park behind are house grandma", said Maria." sure dear, be careful and come back within an hour since breakfast might be ready uptill then", said grandma. Maria gave grandma hug and then left.

The garage was on the backside of the house so Maria reached there she took the gates key from grandmas old trunk where she would keep all the important stuff Mariya opened the gate the garage was in a state that it was clear that nobody had been there for years.it had tons of all stuff there that was of no use but Maria knew grandpa must have kept all this as everything must be important and useful in grandpa's sight. it was quite a big room this garage was basically a store room that nobody would care to see for years. She was looking at all the stuff and suddenly got side of a cupboard and on the top of it,"there! There is the bloody box. I swear I will throw you in the bin."said maria. The box was just like mum had described, look beautiful and enchanted. She went close to the box. She blew the dust away and picked the box up. The moment she picked it up and held it, she percepted the impricisness. It was exceptionally heavy. I had a freaky feeling about it. All of a sudden she heard an inhuman sound coming from the box. Heavy and peculiar one it was indeed.

Mariya was simply terrified .A 12 year old facing such a thing .she was shocked the same moment she understood there was some paranormal witter in there which was up to no good. She no longer wanted two step forward and their to open the box the moment sheet had to put the box back ,all of a sudden it unlatched itself and due to dread and trepidation Maria dropped it. It took no time for something enormous and fiendishly to suddenly emmerse but it was bright enough for her to be be blind for that moment. Due to all this panic Maria fainted exactly where she was.

When Maria opened her eyes she she was in the hospital with her family by her side. There was grandma by her side standing and looking at her agonisingly,"where am i and what happened to me.and why is everybody so worried". She tried getting up but felt instant pain and found out her face had somehow swallowing and one of her hands was fractured.

It was a moment she had terror in her heart. She kept asking everybody what had happened to her by the garage but nobody told her. As a matter of fact it was probably that demon that had hurt her when she was a baby when her mother tried to unintentionally evoke it and now when she tried apparently intentionally evoke it hurt her again.Now Maria understood the mark on her chin. That day she vowed to never ever get into all the paranormal activities and stuff since she was happy with all she had and wanted to no longer have any trouble.Her family only informed her the box was no longer into existence and everything ese was a mystery forever.

July 21, 2021 20:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.