3 comments

Crime Friendship Mystery

Youth is crazy ,is an old saying ..Jimmie,Ronie and blonde girl Luna ,busy planning the April Fool. “This year we Will do something new and adventurous” pursued Ronie. Ronie,you did wrong with the teacher and Now you are in warning “. Luna smirked.Ronie brought his grandfather’s old type writer of 1940 .They typed a letter to a stingy jeweller ..They drafted for Rupees Ten lacs from the Jeweller and also warned him, in failure ,they would kill him.Jewellar shop was opposite to a restaurant, from there they three amusingly watching the Jeweller reading the letter. The old jeweller furiously read the letter and rubbed his sweat, a cold sweat. They three were enjoying watching him nervous. The jeweller wrapped the amount in a paper and walked in the Street .They three also followed him .The jeweller threw the wrapper in garbage drum and sprinted like a young lad.. They picked up the wrapper. They were greatly excited to fooled the old Jeweller.” Now ,we celebrated the April Fool enthusiastically.” Said Ronie excitedly .”So we made him fool and should give back the amount to the Jeweller “Ronie and Luna said but Jimmie was unwilling to return the amount .They had a hot discussion among themselves but Jimmie was stubborn not to return the amount and ran away carrying the amount wrapper by saying that he would keep the big amount with him for a night ,in the morning ,amount would be returned to the Jeweller. In the morning, Luna came nervously and said”Ronie,did you know that old jeweller been killed last night?”. Yes, I know but I wonder where is Jimmie? ,He is disappeared, I went to his house but couldn’t find him” Ronie added further. As usual Jimmie coming whistling and passing remarks on the girls..Ronie and Luna shared the news with Jimmie. “Now,it has become more easy, we would distribute the amount among our selves “ Jimmie excitedly punched.” No, we don’t want to touch this amount, we were just joking, we would give back this amount to the police ”They both showed their consent. “Now it is not easy to return the amount to the police,We can’t give our hands in lion's mouth “contempted Jimmie ."you don’t take the amount, I’m going to buy a sports car and go with Rima, to a hill station ,you both go to hell” .”This man is crazy, everybody would think that how a student bought a sports car?, he is pushing us to hell “.Expressed Luna greatly. Jimmie ran away carelessly. They both went to a restaurant. When Luna opened the purse ,she found Rupees fifty thousand with a note" This amount is for you both”. ”I think while we were busy talking, Jimmie secretivly put it in my purse” .Luna desperately said .Phone rang .It was Rima"Jimmie is lying drunk beside me,He shared with me about the incident .”Lo" Jimmie shared the whole incident with Rima, you know Rima is a notorious girl ,now she would black mail us on every step” .Ronie became upset and disturbed. “Ronie, I noticed we are being watched intensively by the man sitting on table three, wearing a hat and long Chester”. Luna said in a low tone. They both left the restaurant.” I think that type writer is with Jimmie “.Concerned Ronie.Why are you worried about the type writer”?. Asked Luna. “That type writer belonged to my grandfather and my grandfather was a government correspondent for thirty years, it modelled 1940,a very rare type,police would definitely grab us easily.we did a great blunder by using the type writer“. “But we could get him from Jimmie . Luna further said . ”That day Jimmie took it. I would take it from him,once he return”.Ronie remarked.” Sir, somebody sitting table number six, asking about you “.waiter informed them.They saw a tall handsome man, wearing black suit ,connoting. “I’m investigation inspector ,Jk, wanna talk about Jimmie. You are Jimmie's close friends? who else are his friends? “We are just college mates. Replied Ronie. ”How does he buy a sports car? Inspector JK grouted a question. May be his father bought for him “ Ronie abruptly replied” .“No, he paid the cash .JK cut him badly.Ronie ,at once jumped. “We won’t know about Jimmie, don’t tease us"Ronie crudely said and kept his head on a table. “Why don’t you ask these questions from Jimmie? ”Ronie spoke raising his head. “Jimmie died last night at twelve o’clock, in a car accident .”JK parted these words silently.They became apprehensive with the sad news of Jimmie's demise. Before parting JK inserted an injection by sharing about the outputting a letter by the police, indicating killing off the old Jeweller.  “Most interesting the letter is been jotted by an old type writer “.JK parted But enkindled them.” Noose was going tightened around their neck . “.Did you noticed, JK mentioned the outputting letter depicting the demanding of Rupees Ten lacs ,murder and the old obsolete type writer.It clearly signalling JK Will soon grab us."Infatuation arose in Luna's mind.

”. “Police is after us,we should do something to grab that Type writer. Luna added.They both went to Jimmie's house,found his father deeply down.They after condolence sought permission from his father to collect the type writer from his room, they properly searched but couldn’t find the type writer.When they reached home, phone rang,it was again JK,”I warned you,you shouldn’t allowed to leave your house until the investigation is over. One news is more to be added, There were Diamonds worth fifty lacs rupees ,along with the amount, it means you both killed Jimmie to grab diamonds and cash, you will not be spared,I would take you to gallows”.

 .Ronie hurriedly said. “we won’t know what are you saying? “.”After that old jeweller ,you killed your friend, Jimmie” .you both have a bad lust for riches but you haven’t heard a proverb” Knock offer find the killer himself “ and the phone offed. "Luna, this Inspector is slowly poisoning us, his words would kill us”Ronie said .Again phone rang.” I’m Rima ,the item girl, come to my room tonight at 9..I wanna hand over the type writer to you but come alone “.”I would go with you “Luna said it in a sympathize way.” “No , let me handle the situation my self “said Ronie .Door was ajar. Rima was in wash room,she came out and lit a cigarette, and showed Diamonds and Type writer to him .“Ronie ,I’m in love with you, would hand over the diamonds and the type writer ,in a condition ,you marry me,I wanna live a settled life, you know every body is after me to snatch my flesh but I find a gentleman in you. ”she said this and rounded his hands to Ronie and they both had fallen down on the bed .She became hot and sensual “.Oh, I’m watching James bond OO7,movie.”Inspector JK was stretching With a gun in his hand.” "Hand these Diamonds and type writer to me" he commanded them But Roma didn’t ushered.JK desperately jumped on Rima .Ronie fisted Inspector JK but he pressed the trigger of the gun ,the bullet fired, and they both fallen down on the floor. The bullet made a big whole in Rima's throat, she breathed her last.” Now the diamonds and the type writer were in the hands of Jk. Door opened with a great bang, that  same strange man wearing big hat and Chester appeared “I’m Inspector Jk ,He is my impersonator, his name is Tiger,he Is making fool of you,He killed that old jeweller that night. You and Luna are innocent “.That man went on saying.” I was chasing him,He is a  Murderer”. “Yes, I’m Tiger, I appeared fictitious in a bid to entangled you. I made a fool of you” and he laughed severely. "While you aren’t Inspector Jk,Why you had tortured us ,whole these days ,I will not leave you ,bastard" Shrieked Ronie “.,That night I searched these Diamonds but the old jeweller resisted ,I had to kill him”. Tiger laughed loudly with a swift turned back and fire on JK and Jk had fallen down. Ronie and Tiger jumped on the Diamonds. Tiger straightened the gun towards Ronie , Tiger was about to pull the trigger to kill Ronie, a big bang sound began ringing and made the scenario more dire . Tiger had received a bullet, triggered by Inspector Jk , Ronnie was alive , raised up swiftly .Inspector JK took the diamonds from the hands of Ronie and continued examining it and laughed severe while saying” These diamonds and the amount received by you ,appearing fake .You thought you fooled that old jeweller ,but in reciprocate he fooled you".     The End. …..The old type writer 1940.


March 31, 2021 17:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Naheed Babar
09:06 Apr 18, 2021

This story is little spy based.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
09:05 Apr 18, 2021

Interesting story keep writing, ur progressing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:34 Apr 03, 2021

Thank you reedsy for the approval of my story"The old Type writer 1940".

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.