Mess of a Party

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Set your story at a party that has gone horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Fantasy Friendship

Mess of A Party

Fort Kapaka Jordero

The Inuk dwarves move quickly in the icy summer season of the Kapaka Mountains and home base of Fort Kapaka. Pushing a sled with the help of Reindeer the sled stops outside a large Assembly Hall. The dwarves begin to unload the sled under the direction of Bruenor Kapaka. Bruenor wearing a polar bear hide armor directs the others as they carry crates off the sled. “Come On People, the bride and groom are expecting their goods to be shared among the Fort.”

Bruenor is joined by a copper red hair high Elf and a Caucasian man with brown-beard hair. The high elf is known as Jerrin Elkrin and his companion Thomas Brillcrek the younger adopted brother of the groom. “What's taking so long Bruenor that stuff should have been ready hours ago.” comments Thomas.

“Blasted quartermaster, forgot about the reception was today so he had to work overtime to make sure everything was in place. He had to substitute the basic wedding cake into his famous honey black-raspberry cake loafs.”

“I'm sure Merrill and Asa will be happy even though they paid for a wedding cake.” comments Jerrin as he helps unload an ale keg from one of the dwarf couriers. “Besides

always could use a little twist in wedding cakes. I have had the honey black-raspberry cake several times and its scrumptious.”

“I don't know about you Jerrin, but lets hope it gets approved by the bride. I still can't believe my brother fell for a Succubus .”

Carrying the keg with the help of Thomas the two best men struggle through the crowds outside of the assembly halls. “Love works in mysterious ways, look at me didn't think

I would fall for a druid half-elf and what about you an Eastern Jorderian.”

“That's different Jerrin, Merrill is marrying a Succubus not your typical mixture for a Cleric of Torm but what am I too say. Marriage is just trouble at times. The two men continue to carry the ale keg in the busy reception hall.

“By the way, Jerrin who is performing the marriage?”

“Merrill and Asa decided to have Justicar Graxxes perform the marriage even though he and Merrill have had disagreements over the years. Though Tribal Chief Aswan offered toperform the service. Merrill wanted it to be official with a Justicar Marshal.”

“I would have rather saw Aswan, who knows what Graxxes will say at the ceremony.”

“Aria, wants me to visit a Shinto priest before we get married. If we go that route. Right now I am fine just dating an Easterner. “

The two are joined by Merrill and Bruenor entering the reception hall. “How are my best men doing today.” Merrill now clean shaven except for his mustache and wears his best Justicar Armor greets his long time friends.

“We were just talking about life, Merrill are you sure you want to go through with this thing?” questions the younger brother of Merrill.

“Asa and I have been through a lot the last year and I thought it best for her to forget about her past and move forward in life. So Yes, I have thought about it and decided even though we are different we are still children of Torm.”

“Even if she is a fallen angel.”

“Sounds like garbage in my opinion who knows what will happen if the two of you have kids.” grumbles Bruenor.

“Never worry, Bruenor; Asa and I are too old to have kids even though Asa is younger than me. If we have kids we will probably adopt them like I did with Thomas years ago.”

“You certainly changed me, Merrill but you know me I am the loose gun in our family and good ole Tempus directs me in my crazy ways as a knight.”

Merrill places his hand like a big brother to Thomas.” It was your path, little brother.”

Moments later

Several crates fall to the ground as a pair of Inuk dwarves transform from dwarves to half giants. “Wake-y Wake-y all, the Jarl wants his bride.” The two transform into frost half giants holding their bladed axes. Pushing aside the other dwarves in the reception hall.

Surprised by the unexpected half giants, the dwarves make an attempt to stop the disruption. Seeing the chaos unfolding Bruenor goes into his Berserker mode and charges with pugilist fist against the half giants. The Inuk dwarves assist carrying their modified harpoon axes the chaos continues as Jerrin, Thomas and Merrill help their friends in the chaos wrecking the party.

Drawing simple melee weapons the trio charges the half giants, Thomas tackles one of the half giants while Bruenor continues a boxing match with the other half giant. The two boxers

continue to throw punches at one another the other half giant loses his weapon as he throws

punches back at the dwarf.

Meanwhile Thomas starts to swing his fists as well at the other half giant as blood touches the surrounding floors beneath them. Holding their position Thomas quickly head-butts the half giant and throws his face down. Merrill throws a pair of manacles on the unconscious half giant.

The boxing match continues eventually knocking each boxer down. The fallen half giant is quickly swarmed by the Inuk dwarves who were the ushers of the reception hall. They quickly hog-tie the second half giant up using ropes rather than manacles. The pair are quickly escorted out as the lion-man known as Justicar Graxxes arrives looking at the mass turmoil in the reception hall.

“What in Bane is going on here, Captain Brillcrek?”

“Two uninvited guests High Justicar. The dwarves and Jerrin are taking the half giant minions of the Jarl in custody.”

“This is your wedding day captain are you still sure you want to go through it or do you wish to hold it off for another day.”

“I would like to get it over with but circumstances are pretty unexpected. Bruenor do you want to pass the message onto Asa. Its bad luck for the groom to see the bride on their wedding day.”

“I will be honored but let me get some honey mead first that boxing match gave me a bad look for this day. Once I get some mead in me I will be ready.”

“Please don't get drunk Bruenor and wash up. Than talk to Asa.”

Moments later an older Inuk dwarf woman charges into the reception hall looking at the mess from the fight. “This will not do Merrill, Asa heard of the commotion and sent me to see what in Bane happened. In fact what in Bane happened?”

“Mother Kapaka we had some uninvited guests and well they messed up the reception hall. We are trying to clean it up but we were just going to go over there and tell you what happened.”

“I assume the groom planned on not seeing his beloved and was going to send someone over to tell us what happened?”

“You know us well Mother Kapaka.”

“I am the matriarch here in Fort Kapaka so I know things even if I disagree with them. If you excuse me.” Mother Kapaka., speaks to the cook. “Ferret, get this placed cleaned up there is a wedding going on here. “

A heavy Inuk Dwarf in white chef dress spots the matriarch of the town. “Yes Mother I will get to it your goofy nephew wrecked my herbal root soup.”

“BRUENOR!”

Across the courtyard.

Asa finishes putting makeup on and a dark figure appears in the mirror. “Hello Daughter. We need to talk.”

“Hello Grazz't what do you want.”

“I came today to see if you would reconsider your marriage with a mortal especially one with a cleric of Torm.”

“I am not coming back to you father. I am staying here with my beloved and I beg you let me be myself and not one of your princesses in your plane of chaos. I disagree with what you do to mortals treating them like trash or slaves.”

“Mortals are decent people the majority of them but your treatment of them deplores my humanity.'

“If that is what you wish daughter but if you will not come back without incident than incidents shall follow with your fate.”

“Torm and Sune are giving me a new life and there is nothing to stop me from coming back to you.”

“Than your fate is in your own hands daughter.” On those words the dark daemon elf disappears from the mirror. Mother Kapaka rejoins Asa and sees a shook up bride who now is crying after her words with her father.

“Asa dear what is going on you look like it is something more than bridal blues what happened.?”

“Another threat from my father who disagrees with my love to Merrill. He says that my fate is in my own hands.”

“Sounds like a bad father. I am sorry dearey.” Mother Kapaka holds the Succubus in her hands like a mother.

“This day just gets harder and harder, my dear Asa.”

“What happened over in the reception hall?”

“Just some unwanted guests and your husband's party got in a spat with them. Merrill

wanted to know if you still wanted to go through with it.”

“Is it true that the wedding day is suppose to be one of the better days in your life, Mother Kapaka?”

“Dearey, its suppose to be but like they always say even marriage has to bring the two of you together for better or worse. And today seems to be a pain in the Arse.”

“Then tell Merrill I want to go through with the ceremony. I 'm not going to let a bad father or some unwanted guests to interfere with my wedding.”

That's the spirit girl. Lets get you in that nice gown I made for you.”

The End

.  

May 10, 2021 23:59

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.