Echo vs The Fairies

Submitted into Contest #87 in response to: Write about a mischievous pixie or trickster god.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy

Echo with blue black hair and eyes that sparkle is the littlest of the pixies and prankster of the pixie family. Echo loves to prank the unsuspecting pixie and fairy. The pranks Echo has pulled off have been memorable including those on their cousins the fairies, earning her the nickname mischievous little one.

Echo loves to go fairyland to prank her cousins. Echo would shut all the lights off in fairyland and deem the land broken. Echo would take the fairy wands and hide them and watch as the fairies go crazy looking for them, and her favorite prank of all time Echo would take fairy dust, bring it to pixie land, spray the dust around pixie land and watch as pixie land transform itself into a wondrous land.

The fairy queen Esmeralda has had enough of Echo's pranks. Esmeralda wants to teach Echo a lesson that no one in pixie land and fairyland will ever forget, but first Esmeralda wants to give the pixie queen a chance to stop Echo.

Esmeralda and her two daughters Daisy and Ella are traveling to pixie land to talk to the pixie queen Sabrina. Esmeralda is going to demand Sabrina stop Echo and her pranks against the fairies.

Esmeralda, Daisy and Ella arrive in Pixie land. They are met by Echo and her sister Elfie. Echo has the fairy dust she took. As a sign of good faith Echo gives Esmeralda the fairy dust. Esmeralda takes the fairy dust. She looks at Echo and says to Echo.

"I don't believe you of all the pixies would just give the fairy dust back to me."

Echo smiles at Esmeralda and leaves with her sister. Esmeralda and her daughters go to pixie castle where Sabrina is waiting for them. Sabrina welcomes Esmeralda, Daisy and Ella to pixie land.

"Welcome dear cousin to pixie land."

Esmeralda says to Sabrina.

"Me and my daughters Daisy and Ella have come to talk to you about Echo and to put a stop to her pranks. Me and my fairies have had enough of all the pranks."

Sabrina smiles.

"You know us pixies love a good prank, and my little Echo is one of a kind."

Daisy doesn't like the way Sabrina is acting towards her mother and her lack of respect for the fairies and fairyland.

"Why have you such disrespect for my mother, the fairies and fairyland. We have treated you with nothing but kindness yet your pixies mainly Echo has stolen our wands and dust and turned off the lights to fairyland. We only come to pixie land asking you to show us the same respect we have shown you."

Sabrina is astonished by Daisy's words. She had no idea the fairies had any backbone."

"I will to talk to Echo, but I can't promise you she will stop."

Sabrina gives a most disingenuous smile.

"You know.........."

Daisy begins to talk, but Esmeralda stops her.

"Daisy, Ella lets go. We have wasted our time."

Esmeralda, Daisy and Ella leave pixie land.

"Mother. Why have you left like that?" Daisy asks.

"We are going to teach those pixie cousins of ours especially Echo a very important lesson."

Daisy and Ella look at their mother baffled by her words.

"What would that be mother?" Ella asks.

"Not to mess with us fairies."

Once back at fairyland Esmeralda informs the other fairies that "the pixies are noting more than a band of the most dishonest creatures and we are going to teach them a lesson and especially Echo. Echo will receive our full wrath."

The fairies are excited by the news. They've had enough with the pranks pulled by Echo. Esmeralda and the fairies are making preparations for revenge.

In pixie land Sabrina and the pixies are making fun of the fairies.

"Those fairies think they can come into my land and demand something of me well my pixies that was pretty funny don't you think."

The pixies start to laugh.

Echo is planning another prank on the fairies. Elfie tries to stop Echo.

"Are you sure about this Echo. Esmeralda seemed pretty mad."

Echo laughs at Elfie's remarks.

"Elfie the fairies are always angry at us. They don't know how to have fun. Us pixies know how to have a good time."

Elfie nods.

At fairyland Esmeralda and the fairies have already planned their revenge on Echo. The fairies know Echo is going to come to fairyland to take their fairy dust. This time the fairies are waiting for Echo.

Esmeralda has station two of her fairies Asia and Melody at the entrance to fairyland while the rest of the fairies are hiding.

Elfie one more time tries to talk Echo out of going to fairyland.

"I have a bad feeling Echo. The fairies are up to something."

Echo laughs.

"My dear sister the fairies are boring. What can they possibly do to me?"

Elfie shrugs.

"You worry too much. You are a pixie and pixies are the fun ones."

Elfie watches Echo fly out of pixie land and into fairyland.

Asia and Melody see a figure flying their way. Asia tells Melody to alert Esmeralda.

"Esmeralda this is Melody we have incoming."

Asia and Melody hide so Echo won't see them.

Echo flies into fairyland unaware the fairies are plotting their revenge. Echo thinks this is too easy. She doesn't know the fairies have surrounded her.

Echo goes to shut off the lights to fairyland. She flies over to the control lever. When she gets their she sees a shadow. Echo moves slowly. When Echo gets to the control lever a figure pops out. Echo jumps, falls back, more figures pop out. Echo sees they are not fairies. Echo screams. She tries to fly away, but she is met with more and more figures, they look like monsters. Echo screams louder.

The pixies at pixie land hears Echo screams. Sabrina orders the pixies to fairyland.

Elfie sees all the commotion around her. Elfie smiles and says to herself.

"Echo is getting a taste of her own medicine."

The pixies in a rush fly to fairyland. Asia and Melody see Sabrina and the pixies coming. They alert Esmeralda.

"Esmeralda pixies are coming."

Esmeralda sends Alisa, Aubrey, Blossom, and Giselle to the entrance to fairyland. Alisa gives Asia and Melody fairy dust. They sprinkle the fairy dust on themselves. Asia, Melody and the other fairies turn into monsters.

Esmeralda turns the lights off in fairyland. Echo is still screaming. The fairies turned monsters are chasing Echo all over fairyland.

Sabrina and the pixies arrive at the entrance to fairyland. Sabrina sees fairyland is dark.

"Stay close to me."

Sabrina tells the pixies.

The pixies stay close to Sabrina. The pixies creep into fairyland. As they enter fairyland Asia, Melody, Alisa, Aubrey, Blossom, and Giselle as monsters pop out of their hiding place and scare the pixies.

In a fury Sabrina and the pixies fly back to pixie land. Sabrina still hearing Echo's scream turns back to fairyland.

Melody alerts Esmeralda the pixies are coming back.

"How many do you see?"

"Just one. It's Sabrina. Melody responds.

The fairies turned monsters see Sabrina coming back. They surround her. Sabrina pushes pass them and enters fairyland.

Echo is flying all over fairyland still screaming and calling for help. Echo calls for Esmeralda tp help her. She doesn't come, then Echo hears Sabrina.

"Echo this is Sabrina. Where are you?"

Echo attempts to call Sabrina, but the monsters are all around her. Echo gives one last attempt and calls for Sabrina.

"Sabrina. I'm over here!"

Sabrina rushes to Echo.

"Echo are you okay?"

Echo is still frightened. She manages to tell Sabrina what happened. Just then the lights to fairyland turn on. Esmeralda comes out.

Sabrina and Echo look around astonished. The monsters turn back to fairies.

'What is the meaning of this?"

Sabrina and Echo look at the fairies.

"This is us getting our revenge on Echo for all the pranks she pulled on us."

The fairies are smiling, pleased with themselves. Echo and Sabrina are embarrassed the fairies played a prank on them.

"Sabrina, Echo I suggested you leave fairyland, and think twice about coming back her and stealing what belongs to us."

Sabrina and Echo leve fairyland tail tuck between their legs. Sabrina angrily looks at Echo.

"You let those boring creatures pull a fast one on you and on us."

Echo says nothing.

Echo and Sabrina reach pixie land and the pixies are not happy that the fairies pulled one on them.

In fairyland Esmeralda and the fairies are celebrating their prank on the pixies. The fairies swirl dust around fairyland, it is magical and abundant for all the fairies to use as they please.

The fairies and the pixies live peacefully in their own land neither one disturbing each other.

March 30, 2021 21:24

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.