1 comment

Contemporary Fantasy Teens & Young Adult

"We have learned to fly like birds, to swim like fish; but we haven't learned the simple art of living as brothers."

(Martin Luther King)

Solar System, December…

A day I don't remember but I don't want to remember either...

Dear God ( Head of the Space Resources Department):

When I announced that I wanted to leave the Solar System... the conflict began.

Mars follower of the slogan: Do as I say and not what I do, became concerned.  He knows  I'm leaving to avoid further contradictions with CSPDC ( Common-sense planet-destroying Community). He can't let me make my dream come true. How to explain that me, Pluto, the most merit-based planet in the last millennium want to leave the system?

No, a thousand times no! He's Mars, the conqueror, it's time to prove that his Master's degree in Space Arrogance was not obtained with bribes.

Think, think and think. Time threatens to destroy his Cosmic Illustrated Despotism. The solution must be original, effective, and avoid the claws of Celestial H20 (God-created Despot Trap Device).

There's only one option left. Voices of unknown drums invade the small office, Mars pulls three candles out of his pocket, kneels and...

"OH Glorious Apostle St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus! The name of the traitor who gave your dear master to his enemies has been the cause of many have forgotten you, but the Church honors you and invokes you as "Pattern of difficult and desperate cases". Pray for me that I am so miserable. I begging you, I need to feel the privilege granted to you to help visibly and promptly when all hope has been lost. Come to my life and give me your blessings for be able to receive the comforts and reliefs of Heaven in all my needs, tribulations and sufferings, particularly (I don't want to have a problem with the law). Saint Judas Thaddeus, pray for us and for all who honor you and ask for your help! I light this scented candle for you to perfume my body, my home and everything that belongs to me. Amen +

The candles go out. Total darkness. A squeaky laugh shakes the place.

--- What's funny, what's funny?

A ghostly voice answers.

--- Amazing what people do to keep their heads on their shoulders.

--- You're wrong. It is true that Mars is angry but  to murder is not really  in its work content.

--- Don't tell me? And why are you asking for supernatural help? You've never believed in anything.

--- Who are you?

--- My name doesn't matter, what matters is...

--- I know, keep my head on my shoulders.

--- Why you leave and don't fight?

--- I'm tired of fighting. Besides…The sun told me to do it.

--- Why you listened to him? He is not so perfect.

---I know. The sun also has spots but…

---But what?

---I did it and no more talking.

---Why you called me?

---- I need some advice. That is why I called you.

--- Think carefully about what you're going to do. Don't despair.

--- Really? Maybe I'll lose my head or only God knows and you…

--- I'm trying to convince you that despair won't solve your problem.

--- What I should do?

--- In Once Upon time you'll find what you need.

--- That's in the dimension Yahoo. Why ask some inferior beings for help?

--- Because higher beings don't work on Sundays, but if you want to wait until tomorrow...

--- All right, you convinced me. I'm going out to save my head.

I stop suddenly and ask my savior.

---How I get to Once upon time?

--- Use your potential.

--- My potential?

--- Yes, your potential. Just do it! Don't forget: Cowards have no right to appear in history books.

--- It is true! Thanks for everything.

--- Thank me if you keep your head tomorrow. Good byeeeeeee.

I start smiling. There's still hope. But…my happiness was short. Two hours after the celestial encounter, I'm arrested by the Nomanners Space Unit and I'm driven to the Palace of True Justice.

I didn't panic, I just told my executioners:

I want to communicate my disagreement with the causes given for my expulsion from the solar system, clarifying that I do not wish to return to that place. I have always applied the golden rules of Prosperity (What scares you, annoys you, hurts or you do not have it for sure... it does not work!).

I claim the final expulsion judgment of the Solar System for being contaminated by a dangerous disease called Spontaneous Indiscipline Difficult to Correct.

Mars, the conqueror, an arrogant chief with wide chances of ruling the galaxy in the next three hundred million years, had a very bad behavior because...

- In the billions of years I have lived in the system I was never granted Solar Citizenship.

 - I never refused because I was voluntarily forced to perform tasks that are not in the work content of a planet such as: falling in love with promiscuous shooting stars and misplaced first-time cosmonauts.

In addition, I should point out that the trips I made outside the System are well justified:

*Seven days in February to participate in the Three-Dimensional Book Fair of Saturn of the East where I present my work: There is also no milk in the Milky Way.

*Three days every three weeks at the Homo Sideral Workshop "Tauro in Memoriam" for which I won a scholarship. However… Mars always hates that I like to train my brain.

On the seventeenth of April, the date of the Astral Change Festival, I arrived at three in the afternoon at my bittersweet home. The previous day Mars ordered, while aiming with his Heaven Rifle, that all solar citizens should attend the "Coliseum where anything is possible", where the festival would take place at nine o'clock on Friday morning.

When I arrived the next day, late super late (I finished working at five in the morning, I am sacrificed and I have not found a way to earn much working little) Jupiter, the lover of Mars, who gives the orders when the red planet has fun in the Black Hollow Club, misunderstood me. I had spoken to the Moon before, Deputy Cosmic Secretary because she discovered that the Sun built his constellation  mansion  with the money obtained by the ultraviolet ray traffic.  

She told me not to leave and I had to try to talk to Mars but when I arrived I found that I cannot enter the system because... you know the right answer. It's not what's spread all over the galaxy The Ozone Newspaper. I do not complain "the complaint is the prostitution of character" I do it as a planet reflection because I am sure they are facts that have to be tackled in time to ensure that the citizens of this system do not promote: Where there is not justice it is a danger to be right.

After told you my story, I think I should leave because: the boss is always the boss.

A covid-free greeting,

Pluton

A different planet

January 02, 2021 01:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Barabbas Ben
18:01 Jan 09, 2021

Clever structure!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.