0 comments

General

“Can you keep a secret?” asked Amanda, as she pulled a girl behind the bleachers and checked to make sure they were alone. “Sure,” said the girl, looking worried, “What’s wrong?” Amanda looked pleadingly at the girl. “You’re sure? And you promise you won’t scream?” The girl nodded. “Alright. You asked for this,” Amanda said as she turned away from the girl. When Amanda turned back around, her eyes were bright red. She lunged at the girl faster than any human could jump. She stopped next to the shocked and frightened mortal and whispered in her ear. The girl went stiff with fear. Then, a bloodcurdling scream was heard throughout the entire school, although nobody could tell where it came from. Amanda watched as the last drop of life ebbed out of the young girl’s eyes. “You said you wouldn’t scream,” said Amanda disgustedly as she wiped the traces of blood from her body. Amanda pulled a small, silver cube the size of an eraser from her pocket. “Now to transport the body,” she mumbled. She pressed a small button on the unusual contraption and the body disappeared. She again checked her clothing and body for blood and, seeing there was none, calmly walked out from behind the bleachers and began pretending to be confused due to the scream. She heard the bell ring and headed to the school’s front door.


Saved by the bell, she thought. She got into her mother’s car, which was waiting for her. “I successfully collected dinner for the night Mother,” she said as she buckled her seat belt. “Good, and nobody suspects you?” asked her mother. Amanda shook her head. When they arrived home, Amanda went straight up to her room and closed the door. She sighed and slouched against the door. She let herself slide to the floor. She gazed across at her reflection. She had long, flowing, Taiga style hair and hazel eyes with golden flecks in them. She had soft, perfect skin. She wore her school uniform, a blue and white shirt with a skirt to match. She also had a black leather jacket and black leggings. She rolled her eyes at the image and stuck her tongue out at it. She was glad she was a half-breed and could see her reflection. She was able to see whether she looked good or not. She lifted herself from the floor to find something decent to wear for her meal. She found a black miniskirt and a fancy black shirt. Pleased with her appearance, she grabbed her purse and went out to eat. She met a boy at a local club and was pretending to be innocent and cute. He led her somewhere private and began to remove her jacket. When she had no jacket on she layed on the couch in the private room. The boy went over and touched her thigh. She looked at him and bit her lip in preparation for her sustenance . She blinked and her eyes turned red. Then, she lunged at him and fed. She cleaned her mess and left the club. She went back to her house and back to her room. She sat on the floor next to her bed an relaxed for a moment. Then, she picked herself up off the floor and wandered over to her radio. Amanda held a button and said “98.7”. When she let go, modern rock started playing. Amanda walked over to her bookshelf and grabbed A Telltale Heart. She plopped down on her bed and began to read. About an hour later, someone came into her room. “Who are you?” said Amanda. She looked over to see a handsome boy standing in her doorway. He had dirty blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin, a perfect build, and overall, just looked like trouble. She looked him up and down for a second then went back to her book. “Lucas. How are you doing Amanda?” said the boy as he appeared by her side and took her book. Amanda bared her teeth. “That’s mine! Give it back NOW! And how do you know my name?”


The boy looked at her skeptically and threw the book back to her. “I may have done some research, but other than that, how could any vampire not know about the most famous half-breed ever?” Lucas asked. Lucas suddenly appeared by her side and caressed her face, smirking. Then he picked her up and mumbled something. The room began to spin and change colors around them. Amanda’s long, dark hair covered her face then she felt her back hit the floor. She stood up and dusted off her black leather jacket. “What was that about?” she asked. She looked around. “Where am I! Take me home!”


“No,” said Lucas as he turned to walk off, “You took my spotlight so now I got rid of the problem.” Amanda lunged at him and tore his shirt with the force of her strength. “Fat lot of good that did you. You full-breeds think you can do anything. I’ll just use a mimicry spell to get back.” She pinned the troublesome boy to the ground with her foot and laughed as she watched him squirm underneath her. "Mimicry spells tire me out though so if you could just tell me the incantation you used to get here I would be much obliged. If you tell me, I may let you live. If you don't, you will suffer. I have hours to spare and I'm quite content to stay here to torture and torment you." The idiotic boy laughed and said, "Do you really think I'll tell a dog like you such special and high spells as that? Ha! Wait until I tell everyone that you are part werewolf. I was on top until you began showing me up. I knew you were different. No half human vampire could ever be that strong or that special. I am wonderful and strong to full-blood standards and you, a half-blood, still came out on top. I knew that it couldn't be possible unless you were something other than a vampire-human hybrid. Your poor father still thinks that you are his. He was even okay with the idea of you and your mother being vampires, even asked to be transformed! And when he finds out that you aren't his, he will be heartbroken and he will disown you. Don't you know that vampires aren't supposed to mate with werewolves. It's illegal. The babies are usually executed. I just locked you here so I could go get the authorities. When everyone finds out that you're an animal, you will be done for, and I'll be back on top." Amanda subconsciously loosened her hold on the boy and became lost in thought. She knew nobody was supposed to know. How could I let this happen? she thought. That little bit of distraction let Lucas get loose. He tackled her and held her to the floor. Moments later she had him pinned again, and this time she wouldn't let her guard down. "Let's put an end to this, shall we?" she said nonchalantly. She reached down and slowly twisted his head clean off then threw it off to the side. "Don't be such an oaf in your next life." she said, smiling. And with that she was off, back to her usual shenanigans. She smiled, thinking gleefully, Dead ones are the best at keeping my secret.

August 20, 2020 19:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.