My story is titled I think someone is listening and watching there was an encounter with bees and a wild lion.

Written in response to: Write a story that includes the line “I think someone’s listening/watching.”... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is titled I think someone is listening and watching there was an encounter with bees and a wild lion.


Once upon a time, during one Friday morning my friends and I walked home full of regret and sorrow but they did not blame anyone. My friends and I had an encounter with bees and a wild lion.

During our leisure time my friends and I made a visit to the nearby bush around the school to gather some honey.

It was then that we had an encounter with bees in the bush.

Both my friends and I like gathering honey from the nearby bush, this is because honey is sweet and it prolongs life.

Whilst in the nearby bush we were attacked by a group of bees that came flying on top of our heads and almost attacked and stung us.

It was at that moment that we felt dizzy ,weak and ill.

We had to immediately gather some honey and quickly run back home to the hospital.

As luck was not on our side there was a wild Lion also in the bush.

The lion roared and tried chasing us wishing to catch us and devour us but we escaped by running helter skelter.

We were able to make our way out from the bush through an underground tunnel to an exit point behind the school premises.

Aftermath of the sad encounter with the bees and the lion we all made it a mandate to visit the hospital to check our health status and blood pressure.

It was by then that the doctor took our names in a record book. The doctor checked our blood pressure and then gave us medicine to drink. Also the doctor checked our temperature and gave us also some medicinal ointment to relief us all of pain and give relief to us.

Although we were weak and coughing

our main concern was how to get well and then fit by the following morning.

Also for the boys and girls at my school were all sure to ask all sort of questions.

As can be noted what answers would we give.?

Actually what can the teachers probably do by then.?

Sometimes these teachers often listen and watch these students including myself and they realised that they had an encounter with bees. Othertimes they would stand us all by beating us for going honey hunting when we should be doing our other assignments. We were all sad indeed by then.

Also while we were still thinking of this my brother came out of the bush and then saw our appearance.


However, she was shocked and then came in to tell her mother. Mother I am very sick yesterday I had an encounter with bees and a wild lion from the bush close to the forest.

Also we feared the worst most of the time due to the fierce and wild lion. Again when mother came out she was standing alone shivering with fever and some sort of fear.

My mother was not in and I was always lucky for he was a severe woman and would have whipped me almost there and then.

It was just then that we heard a shout coming from Wendy's house. Help! Help! Victoria has fainted due to her encounter with the bees and the wild lion.

Also if only I could faint too, I would probably have the sympathy of my dear mother. My mother was the only one who had sympathy for me and tried in paying my hospital bills for me so that the doctor will treat me well and then give me some medicine.

But I did not faint at all.

It was then that I was laid on the mat and covered with many clothes and other blankets due to the fact that I was shivering and tied.

The village doctor was sent for by then, he did not come to me at once as he was busy treating Victoria.

It was the village doctor who helped in giving me medicine to swallow to relief me of all pains and the encounter with bees and the lion.

I was so scared of the wild lion that memories of the encounter with the lion is often kept in mind.


However when he came he gave me some medicine to lick and the drugs was sweet. Also it was mixed with honey and it tasted very sweet. The medicine was mixed with honey.

Almost every part of my body was then rubbed with the same kind of medicine and I felt sick.

Within about thirty minutes I was sick all over my body.


In addition a little time after I felt asleep and then woke up in the morning completely recovered from my illness.

All the swellings on my face and body had disappeared in my sleep. Then I looked into the mirror and saw that I was my old self again fully recovered.

One Monday morning when I got almost ready for school , I wondered what had really happened to the others. I thought of the fact that the medicine which was given to them at the hospital helped them to recover from their illness and to relief them of all pains and other ailments they might be experience. It was just then that Wendy came in looking happy.

We all both moved to Victorias house. Again apart from the bandage on her feet you probably wouldn't know it was the same girl who had been very ill and had fainted the night before that time. We were all now satisfied that nobody would hear of our adventure within the school due to the fact that although we had the honey we went some sort of difficult adventure and challenges with the bees and the fierce and wild lion that they almost killed and stung us.

But by the grace and mercy of God and Allah we escaped successfully during that adventure in the bush.

It was unknown to us, however the news of the adventure had almost gone ahead of us to the school premises. All of us both boys and girls burst into laughter and a song.

The boys mentioned and asked of how sweet the honey was ,how hard the bees often sting.? Also they mentioned and asked that was the lion very wild and not tamed at all.


Finally, they clapped their hands around us and all they could do was to bend thier heads in shame although they also had some of the honey.

October 10, 2023 04:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.