0 comments

Fiction Teens & Young Adult Science Fiction

(A/N: this is purposely written the way that it is written; I promise my grammar isn't actually as deteriorated as this)

----

"People stopped trying to fix problems and just tried to outlive them."


- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline.


---------

2/8/2097

SO WOW.

Stuff happened today!

I was late for school, but when I got on the bus, my professor for my first lecture was there lol. looked like he was making the presentation for the class in the fly lmaooooo.

And he gave us a friggin pop quiz, which honestly? idk if i did well or not.

Whatever. It's not like I really wanted this degree, anyways. Philosophy is a joke.

My friend got drunk at the party and threw up on my favorite clothes. Bummer, but I guess I can just get new ones, right?

Ay that's it I'm clockin out for the night.

...

Oh yeah, I think Pluto exploded or something? lmao homeboy got mad it wasn't considered a planet about 90 years too late.

okay im tired gn fr this time.

-----------

3/14/2097

oof i been lacking in my journal writing lol.

SO to recap everything going on, uh... I asked Irithel out. Got rejected, but no surprise there.

I got a 79 on the last test, so not bad i guess.

really makes ya think, huh? if i actually studied and stuff, maybe I'd be able to be valdectorin valedictorian.

OH and remember how last month Pluto threw a tantrum and blew up? Neptune followed! It's kinda weird, I guess, but eh.

lwk worried a chunk of it might hit earth haha.

well, actually, humanity's been going strong for a while now. maybe it's time for it to end.

LMAOOOOOO n o t.

-------------

4/9/2097

tiredtiredtiredtired

hhhh i spent al of last night gming.

it's hekin 5 in the moring an brian isnt work.

tired bye.

...

F in the journal for past me and a bigger one for present me.

i feel like my head's gonna explode. i didn't drink last night at all tho.

oh yeah and apparently uranus split up. like, scientists saw uranus last night (lolol), but when they looked this morning, bam.

three pieces of uranus (lololol) were just floating around in space. apparently, each chunk is bigger than earth.

hey universe, about what I wrote last month about earth being decimated by a chunk of distant planet? I was joking. please don't take it seriously.

much thanku. byebye

-----------

5/29/2097

wow.

saturn also blew up,

ngl, getting kinda scared now. Holdup, the news person is talking.

wOw so apparently what happened is a piece of uranus crashed into saturn's rings, and then got pulled by saturn's core's gravity into saturn's core.

and the core blew a fuse.

and now things of helium and hydrogen are flying around.

well i totally feel so safe! :)

...

oop.

jupiter's gone.

wig snatched by blades of helium.

now jupiter and saturn's guts are flinging outwards into space.

I think i read a thing somewhere about how the impact of the nova might tear more holes in our ozone layer, setting off a bunch of stuff that i really dont feel like listing here rn.

ayO UNIVERSE! I WAS KIDDING. IT AINT FUNNY ANYMORE SO STOP IT

on another note, finals are coming up in a few weeks.

ughhhhhhhh...... maybe earth getting destroyed by bits of planet isn't so bad, after all. jUST KIDDING, UNIVERSE. JUST KIDDING. DONT JINX IT PLEASE

oh and frack:

apparently one of thems earth-sized uranus chunks are "hurling towards us at incredible speeds." (it's a lot smaller now that it's rammed thru saturn and jupiter, but that doesn't make it any cuter)

c'mon, mars. stay intact. i'm counting on you.

--------

7/21/2097

yeahyeah, i know I missed a month of writing. but what's the surprise? im busy.

but hey. the novae from saturn and jupiter actually pushed earth a tad bit off orbit. We're closer to the sun now. and that prediction about the ozone layer shriveling up? ahaha... it started.

and the chunk of uranus was pulled into mars' orbit. it crashed into one of its moons and turned into space dust.

And scientists have started to observe mars in case it blows up too.

they can see like, earthquakes (marsquakes?) happening all over the thing. curiosity and spirit (rovers on mars) have stopped working because of the activity. they don't know what's causing the seismic activity, but they think it has something to do with electromagnetic stuff and gamma rays.

Apparently, gamma rays (from a planet behind pluto, which was set off by a planet behind pluto and so forth, until scientists tracked the rays' path from a distant galaxy like.. 130? 145? light years away) set off pluto's explosion, which unleashed more gamma rays, which ticked neptune, which caused even more gamma rays, and so on.

for some reason, it slowed a bit once it hit jupiter (scientists think its cuz of the gases from saturn and jupiter), but it's slowly starting to affect mars.

well everything is meaningless now.

literally cannot believe that i am living in the end times.

it's just so fun. like... it's like nothing exists anymore. crime rates are through the sky. police aren't exactly doing their job (why should they, tho, right?), and people are panicking all over the place.

I heard a few governments already fell to the chaos.

i'm too young to die.

---------

8/9/2097

literally nothing matters.

some jacka** organization that claim to be the World's Saviors overthrew the russian government and started friggin nuking a bunch of countries.

the northeast part of america and parts of canada? gone. most of brazil and south america? ash. half of india, including most of the himalayas? blown to bits. The water country of Akione? probably uniting with Atlantis right about now.

america, being the stupid idiots we are, decided to nuke right back. i'm pretty sure russia's kinda gone now.

north korea and china are gearing up for war too. america's called the uk to arms. they're absolute fools if they answer. tf is the point of war when the world is ending? I'd rather go out in peace singing my heart out rather than in the middle of war.

and america mostly shut down. there's no more food imports. the only stuff we're getting is food from within america.

schools are also cancelled. hospitals and cities have been blown up by arsonists.

a thing of gas from the saturn/jupiter explosions hit america, upper mexico, europe, upper africa, and parts of east asia.

nuclear plants melted down, and lemme tell you it's a ton worse than the chernobyl thing that happened half a century ago.

are we getting a zombie apocalypse on top of the crazy crap that's going on?

the world is going insane, i'm telling you.


----------

9/11/2097

mars gave out.

experts are expecting iron meteor/meteorites to start raining from tomorrow into possibly next year.

and then the world's gonna blow up.

suicide rates, murders, serial crimes, and a bunch of other bad stuff are growing exponentially.

this has become a heckin survival journal.

i honestly can't believe im still alive.

at the beginning of the year, the population was nearly 11 billion; people were starting to prepare for life on mars. we were starting to build cities on water.

and now, the world is a mess.

barely four billion people populate the earth.

mutated animals and human corpses were reported along the nuclear plant meltdown sites. the radium levels are still through the roof.

people think a new animal formed.

oh and it stopped raining.

and the ocean water is too poisoned for us to drink.

and farms are giving out, too. the air and sun is just too bad and intense for plants.

the air quality's noticeably worsening, too. the ozone layer's been deteriorating hella rapidly.

oh and a bunch of world leaders were able to band together and convince america, china, and north korea to stop war preparation. america still dropped a bomb in the ocean next to china as a warning tho.

stupid.

I don't think the world can recover from this. any clouds in the sky are heckin gray or yellow.

what have we done to the planet?

--------

9/28/2097

first earthquake happened yesterday. the radio (tvs and phones don't work anymore) (a station was started by a group of scientists to inform the world and stuff) said that it was of 8.9 magnitude.

It happened in japan; tsunamis flooded half the country. and with the weakened state of the earth, it triggered more earthquakes along asia to europe. a tectonic plate collision created a new mountain range in africa. turns out there was a volcano there, too, and it erupted.

and that eruption triggered another eruption in rome; it was the same volcano that killed off pompeii.

the world is dying.

the earthquakes didn't even happen in america, but i swear i heard it. and i live right on the east coastline, too, and i swear i saw the ocean split for a second and create a fissure.

this is frikin terrifying.

-------

10/25/2097

Since my last entry, there have been five other earthquakes, of 7.0 to 9.1 magnitude.

The earth is quite literally breaking apart at the seams.

i think this is my last entry.

about an hour ago, the radio reported the beginnings of a major quake in the pacific ocean.

they estimate that it'll be larger than a 10.0; it'll literally break the earth.

i think the rest of the population have also accepted their fate.

there's been less crime, though suicide is at an all-time high.

so...

this is how it ends, huh?

oh crap. oh crap.

the quake's hit here.

i guess...

hey, earth? i'm sorry, really am. i'm sorry we couldn't stop climate change when we could. i'm sorry we messed you up so much. i'm sorry that we ruined you.

I re

February 11, 2021 13:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.