0 comments

General

               THE MIRROR

ONE FINE SUNDAY MORNING,

                                                    Vikram, a 24 years old engineer with a stressful IT job, on eating his breakfast suddenly feels that his life is not going in the way he liked and he explains his situation to his friend and as a solution his friend suggests him to go to an astrologer whom he believed, can provide vikram a peaceful mind to live a happy life.


2 HOURS LATER,

                             Vikram and his friend goes to an astrologer nearby, who after getting Rs 2500 as his service charge and after asking his situation gives him a yellow sacred thread and mentions him that it is so sacred one and ask him to tie it in his right hand from tomorrow morning 8.00 am to next 30 days. The astrologer also said that the man next to vikram’s home is having negative waves and his negative waves are one of the reasons for vikram’s unhappy life and advised vikram to show anger towards at least 3 people every day whom he meets in his life even for silly reasons for next 30 days and asked Vikram to return the sacred thread after 30 days to the same place where he was now so that he perform another pooja to make vikram to live a happy going life thereafter.

DECISION,

                 This poor vikram under his friend's advice decides to do the same as astrologer advised him for the next 30 days.


NEXT DAY ONWARDS,

                                      As a first thing after waking up from his bed in the morning, he visited his negative wave neighbour and shouted at him over the matter of garbage disposal issue and he also said that he can't take him to office in his bike.


                                    Secondly as he went near his apartment gate in his bike, he saw his apartment security with a recent bleeding wound in his leg and sitting aside with pain with the hope of seeking someone's help. Vikram instead of helping him with sympathy, he shouted at him badly with bad words and he even threw his lunch box towards the security in order to show his extreme anger and the poor security got shocked at vikram’s behaviour and with pain both externally and internally slowly got up from his place, came towards the apartment gate with drops of bleeding, all along his path towards the gate and then he finally opened the apartment gate.



                                 Then after finishing his job, he had a routine habit of drinking tea at a nearby shop and while doing so he used to buy a newspaper from a nearby shop and read it. After he finished reading his newspaper, he used to give it to his poor friend who is not affordable to buy and read the newspaper everyday. But today as a sign of usuallity, vikram shouted at his friend saying “ Don't u never felt ashamed of reading a newspaper every day at a free of cost bought by someone else”.


                             His poor friend was shocked at vikram’s behaviour, suddenly his poor friend started walking away from vikram with tears flowing from his eyes as he started feeling guilty of not earning enough even to buy a newspaper daily and as he was walking absentmindedly, he suddenly got hit by a car while crossing the main road and he was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, whereby God's grace, he survived with a bumper fracture to his right leg. Vikram even after knowing about such a drastic accident to his poor friend, he never visited his friend neither in the hospital nor in his home.


                             Similarly 1 week passed and every day he showed his anger towards at least 3 people even for silly reason. Everyone around him started to think that some abnormal behavioral change has happened in him and everyone around him started to avoid facing vikram with fear. 

   

                            2 days later, at around 7 pm, while opening his home door with a key, he got a phone call came from his boss and it became a turning point in his life. His boss has requested him to get down from his team leader post due to lack of completion of the project assigned to his team, which he has forgotten to complete during his last week.


                             Suddenly on hearing such a shocking news from his boss, he collapsed to the ground and by this time as he was lying outside his home main door. 1 hour passed by. Fortunately his negative wave neighbour saw him lying on the floor, came near to him with a fear of something bad has happened to vikram, checked vikram pulse and he felt a little relief on feeling vikram’s pulse, called an ambulance and rushed to a nearby hospital, doing the travel in ambulance, vikram and his neighbour were accompanied by their apartment security along with ambulance first aid health care person.



                             During the time of transit, Vikram had a subtle consciousness and he heard someone saying “why are u taking care of this man who never thinks about others life”.


                              Finally vikram reached the hospital and was resuscitated properly. After 3 days he got discharged from the hospital with a fresh mind and he straight away went to thank his neighbour and with a question in his mind about “why his neighbour saved his life in spite of his outrage behaviour towards his neighbour even for silly reasons”


                            Vikram thanked him and he asked his neighbour the question he had in his mind. His neighbour replied with a smile, saying that “life is like a mirror and reflects us back how we behave ourselves towards others and advised him to show some kind of humanity to others which will fetch him the happiness he desires”


                            Vikram on hearing his neighbour advice, thanked him once again for showing him the correct path to follow in his life, to achieve the happiness he desires and he also removed the sacred thread from his hand and he threw it into the dustbin.


2050,

        This is the story of a day that changed his life from a reel human to real human and he has been inciting the same story to his grandson as a bedtime story to make his grandson lead a happy life in a rightful path

November 07, 2019 06:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.