0 comments

Romance Happy Gay

The snow was drizzling, it was really cold, hands were shivering, lips had turned white but eyes were filled with excitement. As usual he was going to the love of his life, his cake shop “Let’s bake”. Daniel was a very hardworking and cheerful person. Most of his customers were girls who visited his cafe just to see his charming smile and the soft creamy cake he made. He was early today as he was invited by Mr. Rod to discuss about the cookie festival during annual holiday. Mr. Rod was the president of “My family club” who was not a very easy person. With a glitter of pride in his eyes as he was invited by the president himself, he entered the office of Mr. Rod. To his shock he wasn’t the only one to be attending today’s meeting. There was a tall handsome man sitting on the couch with a straight face. Daniel being a cheerful person went straight to shake his hands and introduced himself” Hi, I am Daniel, the owner of- Let’s bake café”. The man replied with a rude voice “Mark, owner of mon amour”. They both sat on the couch but Daniel was a bit uncomfortable with the presence of Mark over there. 

Mr. Rod entered the office and greeted both of them. He said” This year I want the annual holiday festival to be celebrated in my club in a different way. I want it to be Christmas cookie festival. I have called two most famous bakery shop’s owner today. Now during this festival you have to come up with different flavored delicious cookies and cakes and serve it to my guests. Whose ever baking is appreciated more I will sign a contract of yearly orders from their shop. Now my only rule for you both is that you will have to stay at my club for the complete festival. So, how does it sound Mr. Daniel and Mr. Mark” Both of them gave a look to each other. Daniel was still thinking when Mark stood and shook his hands with Mr. Rod. He said “Please be prepared to sign the contract with me Mr. Rod” and he left the office. Daniel was irritated as he hated Mark’s attitude but the offer was quite impressive. Daniel agreed too and left. 

Now the next day both reached the club with their stuff. Mr. Rod’s secretary, Sandra welcomed both of them and escorted both to their room. This time Daniel ensured that neither he smiled nor greeted Mr. Grumpy the Mark. They both got into their rooms to freshen up. 

Daniel bought his ingredients and started baking new recipes which could help him win the competition. Just when he was about to taste the batter, Mr. Grumpy entered the kitchen and tasted the batter saying “too sweet”. Daniel was very wild and said “Did I ask for your precious advice Sir!!” Mark as usual, without responding started his work. 

It was the first week of the festival. Mark presented his cookies which delighted all the kids. It consisted of ginger bread man cookies, Cinderella cakes, chocolate bread and snowman cheese cookies. On the contrary Daniel’s stall was filled with couples because his table was full of cookies which were hearts and kisses. So the first week with the complete decorations and lovely cookies and cakes the festive went on really well. Mr. Rod definitely was very happy but confused as to whose stall was a better one coz he saw the maximum crowd gathering only in these two stalls. Cookies and sweets were not only delicious but also very attractive.

“We will have maximum crowd as it is Sunday tomorrow so please be prepared” whispered Sandra to Daniel. It was quite obvious that Sandra liked Daniel. She stood near his stall and kept staring at him. She wanted Daniel to win so she could meet him regularly. Daniel thought to himself “Aaahhhhh!! Good now I know I will have more customers tomorrow so I am going to bake double the number of cookies compared to today. Let’s see the face of Mr. Grumpy losing…Just can’t wait”. He completely ignored Sandra and walked away with all these thoughts in his mind. 

He was very excited but something felt wrong. He wasn’t able to understand this feeling. He was walking while looking up and dashed. It was Mr. Grumpy, he lend a hand to Daniel. As soon as Daniel stood up he hurriedly with a stammering voice said “Mr. Grumpy tomorrow is Sunday so make more cookies coz we will have more customers, finally I told you now I am feeling better, so I will go and sleep, so you also go, so….” Daniel just couldn’t think straight and he was himself not understanding what he was blabbering to Mark. He turned around and went to his room. This was the first time he felt his heart beating too fast. “What is wrong with me, and why did I call him Mr. Grumpy on his face …ohhh god I am behaving like a child’. Mark just looked at him and smiled. 

The Sunday morning was really beautiful. Sky was a bit clear it wasn’t snowing any more. Children were all playing in the snow. Couples walking hand in hand and oldies sitting in the bench of the park and enjoying watching children play. Mark suddenly felt as if the world has become a beautiful place to live in. He came to the kitchen singing softly. Daniel stared at him because this is the first time he saw Mr. grumpy smiling and singing. Somehow Daniel felt very good seeing Mark smiling. 

Sandra came to Daniel and sat next to him, she held Daniel’s hand and said” are you prepared, do you need my help now customers will start coming soon”. Mark was watching this form afar and he just didn’t like Sandra holding Daniel’s hand. He intentionally went and passed from there. He just passed Daniel and again he felt the same feeling….heart beating very fast. Daniel just ignored his feeling because he was not ready to accept that he was in love….love with a guy. A person whom he hated most, a person who was his rival in the business, a person who never spoke to anyone nicely, a person who is a MALE the Mr. Grumpy. Impossible. Sunday also the sales went on quite impressive. Both Mark’s and Daniel’s table got empty by the end of the day. This way the second week also was fruitful and got over.

This was the last week of the festival. Daniel looked very pale. Last day Mark went and asked him” Is everything alright? Why do you look so pale, are you worried about Mr. Rod’s contract? “. Daniel said “Nothing like that It’s just a strange feeling. I know I did well the whole festival and it will be very difficult for Mr. Rod to decide who won, but I feel empty inside, don’t know…” He suddenly stopped speaking as he realized he was talking to Mark. He took his stuff and went in his room. Daniel left the competition and as Mark was still there till the end of the festival it was a clear WIN.

The next morning Mr. Rod sent Sandra to call Daniel for a meeting. Sandra knocked at Daniel’s room door. Daniel opened the door. Sandra happily said “Come Mr. Rod has called you and today finally you are going to sign the contract… I am soooo happy”. Daniel stared at her with confused eyes. Did he win …where is Mark…..how was it decided that he won and why is he going to sign the contract and not Mark. He had hundreds of questions in his head. Daniel softly asked “Where is Mr. Grumpy?” Sandra replied “He admitted to Mr. Rod that he cheated and put some medicine in your drink. And that is why you looked pale the whole day and didn’t had the strength to stand at the stall. So Mr. Rod declared you the winner….. Let’s go he is waiting to sign the contract with you “Daniel was shocked and asked where Mark went. Sandra just replied saying “Who knows and who cares”. Daniel shouted “I CARE just tell me where he went”. Sandra pointed towards the main door. 


Daniel ran outside with teary eyes. He looked everywhere but could not find Mark. With a heart break and sad face he went inside. Mr. Rod approached him and said “I was waiting for you at the office, contract is ready but there is a term in the contract. If you agree to that term then when we can go ahead and sign the papers”. Daniel was not interested anymore but since Mr. Rod came to see him, he asked the term so that Mr. Rod doesn’t feel bad. Mr. Rod replied” Today morning Mark came to me and admitted a wrong doing which he has actually not done”. Daniel looked at him surprisingly and said” yes he didn’t do anything wrong, that idiot Mr. Grumpy”. Mr. Rod said with a smile” I understood this in the first week itself that you liked him but I was afraid you will never agree to your feelings for a man, but seeing you like this I feel you also have realized it and want to see him badly”. Daniel said with a teary eyes “I was a fool ignoring my feelings all these days when he was with me and today when I want to confess he is gone”. Mr. Rod said “My term says that I will sign the contract only if it comes from the bakery – MON AMOUR LET’S BAKE (Mon amour means my love in French))”. He wanted Mark and Daniel to work together. Daniel immediately said “Yes I am ready to do it can you please tell me where I can meet Mark”. Mr. Rod said to look back. 

Daniel turned and saw Mark standing behind him with affectionate eyes and open arms. Daniel hugged him and said “Mr. Grumpy you fool how dare you leave me alone and go”. Mark held him tightly and said “mon amour let’s bake”. They both started laughing. Mr. Rod gave them the contract paper to sign. 

Daniel and Mark took the papers, looked at each other, held hands and walked outside. Daniel asked Mark when did he realized that he loved Daniel. Mark said” It was love at first sight. The first day of the festival only I was prepared to lose the competition but win you. That is the reason I tasted your batter and immediately corrected you. I was not interested in this competition but in you. But you were busy being cheerful for everyone except me”. Daniel confessed” I was not courageous enough to admit that I liked you. It took me a while to understand that heart doesn’t know gender but just a warm feeling, a feeling I get whenever I see you or I am with you”. This is was the beginning of a love story and the most popular and the best-selling café in town “ MON AMOUR LET’S BAKE”.







December 08, 2020 16:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.