0 comments

Horror Fantasy Fiction

The chilly wind nipped at my pale sun deprived skin, goosebumps forming.  A sharp breeze blew up my black silk nightgown, my long wavy brown sitting on top of my head like a nest waiting for birds.  My gut felt something was simply off, there was honestly no other way to describe it.  Snow plodded to the white sparkly ground, bushes shaking violently.  Red eyes glowed back at me, my heart dropping to my stomach.  A black shadowy figure stood up out, nearly eating  all of the space around him.  White teeth smiled back at me, thick red liquid dripping from the corner of it’s lips.  The full yellow moon bathed it in light, revealing a sight most frightful.  Muddled gray fur rustled in the icy winter gust, a black snout snarling back at me.  My fingers trembled, the window refusing to shut.  Damn my need to cool down just for a minute.  It was not my fault my mother needed the house at one million degrees.  Frantically, my quivering body struggled from my spot, being paralyzed with pure terror.  Only when the snow started crunching, my body permitted me to move.  My bare feet thudded against the creaky wooden floor, glass shattering behind me.  Flashes of gray fur circled me, hot breath burning the back of my neck.  Stopping in my track, my lungs started to beg for air.  Heart pounding away, my feet spun around to a large wolf staring me down.  Growls rumbled from black lips, anger festering  in the red eyes.   A pregnant pause hung between us, anxiety thickening the atmosphere in the black and white striped bedroom.  Glasses clinked, my mom’s light footfalls hopping up the stairs. 

“Mom, don't come in!” I shouted, not moving from my spot. “I am good.  I swear.”  Of course as per usual, my black door swung open.  Instead of the suspected reaction I was prepared to humor, a smile spread across her slightly wrinkled face.  Was she sick or something like that?  

“I see you came to collect your debt.” She mused, setting the wooden tray on my gray nightstand. “Well, take her away.”  My jaw dropped in disbelief, my eyes watching her pack me a suitcase.  Fury boiled in my veins, my fists clenched tightly.  Tears welled up in my copper eyes, a frown forming on my dry lips.  

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I screamed, making the large wolf jump back. “What do you mean part of a damn deal?”  Evil chuckles poured from her painted lips, a sneer curling.  Breathing deeply, she tossed me my leather suitcase.  

“Don’t you realize that you aren’t even mine?” She teased coldly, plopping down on my bed. “You are the lost daughter of a lost colony of werewolves.  I was to raise you until one day they came to collect their leader.  It was such a pain in my ass to raise you for this whole time.”  Large salty tears fell down my cheeks, soft whines flooding from the wolf’s lips.  His head bowed, allowing me to pet him.  Pleasure exploded in his eyes, him nodding to his back.  Carved leather lay over his fluffy back, a bag on each side.  Glumly, my leg swung over his back, the saddle fitting just right.  Howls exploded from the thick woods, his mighty legs leaping out the second floor.  Air rushed around me, dead branches pulling at my nightgown.  Snow piled up in front of his paws, skidding to a violent stop.  Gray wooden fences towered in front of me, only trees embracing the fort-like structure.  Bells rang out in the night, the two worn doors squealing open.  Stone cottages sat next to one another, smoke curling out of river stone chimneys.  A dirt laced slushy road twisted to a large log cabin, yellow lights glowing in all of the windows.  Whistles erupted around me, ringing in my ears.

“Darling, you made it home!” A soft gentle voice called out below me. “It’s me, your mom.”  She must have been my mother for she looked like an older version of me.  Mixed emotions shook my racing mind, deciding whether to give her a chance or not. 

“Why did you abandon me with that witch?” I questioned suspiciously, glaring in her direction. “What would give you enough reason to do such a daft thing?”  Tears exploded from my copper eyes, knowing that I was just going to get a bullshit reason.  Sighing deeply, her arms crossed across her chest. 

“Come on in, and we will discuss everything.” She explained, rubbing her forehead. “You have family to meet.  Silverstone, bring her in.”  Anxiety ate me, each second feeling like another month.  Bowing down, my body slid down onto an oak porch.  Birch tree rocking chairs rocked in the blustering winter gust.  Slender fingers wrapped around mine, pulling me up.  Black leather covered her arms, black jeans clinging to her muscular legs.  Tall winter boots climbed up to her knees.  A large smile spread across her face, her hand joyfully pulling me into the warmth of the cabin.  

“You need to explain yourself now.” I muttered under my breath, crossing my arms. “I suggest you tell me now.”  Cocking her brow, she sat me down in a worn dark leather chair.  Taking in my surroundings, warm wooden walls towered over me.  Hot flames crackled in a stone fireplace, antlers hanging over the white mantle.  

“Okay, I will.” She sighed, rubbing her leather jacket. “I had to.  There was a war going between werewolves, and they kept trying to kidnap you.  It broke my heart to have my sister take you in.  Yesterday we finally came to an agreement, making it safe to take you back home.  Sorry for my sister’s crappy personality.  She is quite chilly.”  Tears welled up in her eyes, a tall older man with gray wild hair stood next to her.  

“Is he-” I began, but stopped.  Her lips pressed together formulating an answer.  Long scars stretched over his crystal blue eyes, excitement glittering in them.  A crooked grin danced across his face, a soft chuckle tumbling out of his lips.

“Luna, right?” He asked playfully, running his hand through his hair. “I am Silverstone, your father.  We were having problems when we sent you away.  That was what the war was about.  I apologize for my selfishness.”  Grumbling to myself, my eyes fell on the roaring of the fireplace.  Apparently I was just a pawn in an epic battle.  One thing was still puzzling me. 

“Okay.” I replied coldly, rolling my eyes. “How did I not transform at all in this entire time?  It is a full moon tonight.”  They laughed to themselves, looking back at each other.  Confusion twisted my face, a small smirk dimming my lips. 

“You are a purebred werewolf.”  Mother replied nonchalantly, rubbing her chin. “How can I put this?  We transform when we wish.  The moon just makes us more powerful.”  Nodding, colorful wool blankets felt soft on my skin, a thought flashing in my brain.  I didn’t just feel like sitting here, an animal was stirring inside of me.    

“Can we go hunting now?” I queried throwing the blanket onto the floor. “Well, maybe tomorrow.”  Yawns flowed from my lips, embarrassment flushing my cheeks.  Sleepiness hung heavily on my eyelids, the heat of the flames tempting me further into her arms.  Surrendering to her sweet whispers, dreams floated my way.

“Sleep now my dear.” Mother comforted me, pulling the blanket over me.  Secretly, my mind was hoping this would be real in the morning.  

January 07, 2022 22:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.