0 comments

Romance Happy

There sat an older couple on the grey weathered bench. Their silver hair glinted in the bright sunlight. His grey suit made him look sharp, and her black dress made her look extra beautiful. Pink cherry blossoms floated around them. Their pale skin showed the wars of life, the wrinkles earned by living. His blue eyes twinkled with joy as he looked at her. Her sweet smile lit up her face as she held out her wrinkled hand. His fingers curled in between her twisted hands. With the lack of grace, I fell down in front of them, scraping my knee. Her dark eyes lit up with excitement.

"You okay, missy?" She inquired with a frown. "You were watching us for a while weren't you." Blushing, I stood up and cleared my throat. Feeling dismayed, my white dress was covered in dirt, and my dark hair fell from my bun. My purses contents were scattered on the ground before me.

"Sorry, I did not mean to intrude." I apologized meekly. "I was fascinated by your story. I was just married last year. I was wondering if you guys had any tips."

"So you want to know our story." The old man croaked with a weak smile. "Hell, our grandchildren do not even ask. Have a seat." He patted the bench next to them. Looking out she pointed to the cherry blossoms falling around us.

"I first met him under these very cherry blossoms fifty years ago." She told me with a grin. "I was nineteen and he was twenty. He had his brown hair just so. He even wore a grey suit that day as well. I had on a rose swing dress and white heels. I was crying because I had just been dumped. Who knew that day, I was going to meet the love of my life that day."

"I saw this little lady crying on the bench. To me though she was an angel from heaven. Her dark hair was in a neat bun. I still love that dress to this day. This was wrong so I sat down." He explained with his twinkling eyes. "The moment I looked in her brown caring eyes time stopped. It was just me and her. I asked her what was wrong. She said nothing, until she said she had been dumped." Laughing, she gripped his hand harder.

"So we talked until it was dark. I could no longer see the blossoms falling around us. We started dating and soon we were back at the same bench. He was acting nervous that day. His hands shook as he got on one knee." She gushed joyfully. "He opened the box and in it was an emerald wedding band. I said yes for it had been a wonderful year. " She showed me her emerald wedding band. It was gold twisted leading up to a small emerald.

"I had searched for weeks for the perfect ring. It had to be an emerald for she was not a diamond girl. It had to be as beautiful as her." He admitted sheepishly. "We rushed to get married the next day in the park underneath the cherry blossoms. The swirled around me as she walked down the aisle in the most dazzling white knee length dress. She wore the same white heels we met in. Her lovely face was obscured by a lacy white veil, that I believe was her mothers. We said our vows and never looked back since. Every year no matter what, we come to see the cherry blossoms fall. They will never be as gorgeous as she is. She is the most wonderful woman a man can ask for her."

"We had a rough couple of years bouncing around until we found home. Although he is home. He lost jobs and I lost jobs. We experienced the lost of family." She stated softly. "He stood by me when my brother died in a tragic car accident after I had lost both my parents in a housefire. I don't know where I would be without his warm hugs and love. It keeps my soul alive to be with him." He held her hand tighter.

"She took care of me when cancer ate my mom and sadness killed my dad. His heart died that day and his fire eventually burned out." He sighed deeply. "He told me to always cherish her, and never lose her. He said he missed her snoring, kindness, and most of all her cooking." We all laughed at the last thing.

"There were good things to." She asserted with soft chuckle. "He was there for me when our three kids came into this world. Our first girl was a stubborn one, the second girl was a sweetheart, and finally the third girl was the boss. You are pregnant. I can feel it." My face turned scarlet red.

"How did you know?" I asked with an odd smile. " I am going to tell him today. I just don't know how." Shrugging my shoulders, I looked at him.

"Just tell him." He answered firmly with a glint in his eyes. "My three girls were the best gifts she could have given me. We had loads of fun, now we have ten grandchildren. They are like having kids again, except you can spoil them. One my proudest moments was walking them all down the aisle. Did I tell you that I almost lost her a few years ago?" I simply shook my head.

"Don't be so dramatic my dear." She said with a eye roll. "It was just a brief hospital stay." Tears formed in his eyes as he held her closer.

"You did not wake up and I thought I had lost you." He cried. "I did not know what I would do without you in my life. How could I raise the children by myself? Most importantly, I did not want my flame to go out. It would without you in my life to make me happy, and to love me. You are my soul mate. When I met her it was like I already knew her all of my life. I did not want to lose that. My heart fluttered with joy when I saw her open her eyes that day. It turns out it her appendix had burst. I must have kissed her a thousand times and probably hugged her too tight."

"Stop making me blush." She whispered. "You are the greatest husband and father in the world. He is definitely a keeper. My advise is find your cherry blossoms." They stood up and waved goodbye as they walked away. They left me in rain of cherry blossoms eager to find our own cherry blossoms.

February 16, 2021 20:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.