0 comments

American Drama Sad

Dave was nervous to show up at the party with his girlfriend Marian. Since his father was hospitalized, the responsibilities of their company “AD” were forced on his shoulders. Arthur, his father’s partner and managing director of AD is waiting for his arrival at the party. Arthur tried to control Dave at every decision related to the company. Some people saw Arthur as a light source to Dave, meanwhile others saw him as a ravenous man, who is waiting for the chance to take over the company.

 Dave was never comfortable with Arthur. But with all his endeavor, Dave reached the party. The room is shiny with the bright lights and vibrant flowers. The discussions happening in the small gatherings were in tune and productive. The food made the place a paradise with its aroma and color. Italian, Greek, Mexican, Indian, Puerto Rican, Thai, Chinese everything a man wishes to eat is lying on the tables untouched due to the dignified behavior of those riches.

 When Arthur saw Dave, he called him to introduce the new investors for the company. Dave forced himself a smile and walked towards the group Arthur was a part of.

 Marian walked along with Dave. Her red dress grabs a lot of attention from men.

Arthur introduced Dave to everyone. He doesn’t look happier to see Marian here. He feels Marian as an unrelated person in the party. He left the couple with the group and went into a private room alone to make a phone call. When he came out, a man in white tuxedo was standing in front of the door waiting for him. It is Mr. Kenn.

“So, tell me Arthur. How is it going?”

“Smooth. until you walked in.” replied Arthur.

“It is always a pleasure to hear from you Arthur. How is Mr. Junior doing here? Is he good at begging?”

“Begging?”

“Of Course. The act you and your boy doing here is called begging. We all know AD hit the iceberg and it is going to sink so soon. Before it happens, you are trying to build a new ship with the investors here.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about?”

Mr. Kenn smirked a little. “Sure. You continue your act. But what about Mr. Junior here. First, he brings in a pretty lady here. Then he ignores the investors and spends the time here with her, ignoring your saviors. Oh look some of them are leaving too.” They both looked at the people who were walking out.

“How about you say okay to my deal instead of losing the whole company?”

“I’m not going to sell my company to you. You can say goodbye to that dream?”

“Well. In that case I wish you all the best.” Mr. Kenn walked away.

Arthur was disappointed in Dave's lack of attention or his level of interest in the company's situation. He asked Dave to meet with him immediately in the private room.

When Dave came into the room, Arthur was furious.

“Are you out of your mind?” he cried. “How could you be so careless with the investors? Do you realize we have to shut down our company without them? We are at difficult times now. Can you concentrate on the situation here instead of buying roses for your princess?”

Dave stood there silently. He is frightened to speak.

Arthur warned him and left the room.

Dave came out with tiredness in his face. He doesn’t want to stay there anymore.

He explained everything to Marian.

“That’s terrible.” Said Marian.

“He always treats me in the same way. I’m scared to talk with him.”

“Why are you scared? This is your company. Your father owns more shares than he does.”

“But he has more power here. Although he is doing this only to save company.’

“That’s how he makes it look like. You don’t need him. You don’t need anybody here. You can ask everyone to get out and show them how you can run the company on your own without their help.”

“What are you saying? How can I do it?”

“You can do it and you have to do it. This is how you takeover. Once you show him how far you can go, he will fear you and not only that if you do what I am going to tell, everyone here will understand who is the boss of the company.”

“What do you want me to do?” asked Dave. She whispered in his ear.

His heart is not brave enough to do what Marian said.

“That’s insane.”

“I don’t want to marry a coward. If you love me, you will do it.”

Dave looked around. “I don’t want to do it Marian.”

“Either you do what I say or forget me.” She turned back to walk away.

“Wait.” Dave cried.

“I will do whatever you say.”

He walked to the center of the room. He looked at Marian. She remained stern.

Dave took the wine bottle and tossed it high without any intention to catch. The bottle broke, spilling the wine to distances. He earned everyone’s attention. He took the bowl with soup and did the same. Then continued the same with every food bowl and plates there.

People are confused and looking at each other. Arthur was frightened to look at such lunatic acts. Moreover, he is worried about the investors.

Dave got tired and fell on his knees. Some of them murmured about the act. Some of them are leaving.

Dave looked at everyone to see if he got everyone's attention. Arthur reached Dave to lift him up. But Dave pushed him.

Dave got up to make the final announcement.

“You don’t control me anymore Arthur. I’m the boss here. This party is purely my money. I don’t need you or anyone here. I can balance myself and I can create a much bigger realm without any of the fools here. I want you all to leave the room right now.

Run. Run. Run.”

Nobody moved but stared at him like a monkey at a circus.

Arthur spoke in a low tone, “Dave. Please. This company has your father's soul in it.”

“Hell with you and my father.”

Dave picked up a broken wine bottle and yelled at everyone, “whoever refuses to leave is going to feel this inside them.”

This warning made everyone leave the place.

Dave throwed away the broken bottle. He walked near Marian and about to hug her. But Marian pushed him away.

Dave was confused for a moment. Why does she repel him? He did what she said.

She walks backwards until she reaches a man in white tuxedo.

Arthur looked at them. “So this is all your plan.”

“Of Course, it is Arthur.’

Dave realized what he did. “But I loved you, Marian.”

“Oh! Take a break. Her name is not even Marian.” Said Mr. Kenn.

“I’ll send the papers tomorrow. You both give me your names on it and you can say goodbye to the company. What other option you have anyway. The news that your company is running by a lunatic is now spreading the whole world. You can’t expect any more clients.” He laughed at them.

The End.

May 13, 2021 16:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.