0 comments

Fiction Friendship Funny

Fatima was always a loaner. A rebel in fact. She was not the type to be a follower, but she never wanted to be the leader.

Fatima was a social butterfly with a beautiful spirit and a great sense of humor. Everyone wanted to be Fatimas' friend.

It wasn't that Fatima didn't like making friends or didn't know how to make friends, it was just easier to keep socializing to a minimum.

Fatima also found comfort in her own company, to have peace and quiet was therapeutic in several different ways for for her mental stability.

Things that most people would consider to be uninteresting, or even weird, Fatima considered to be exciting.

For instance, Fatima loved donating her time to the local communities and teaching various classes from CPR and first aid to basic baking chocolate chip cookies.

Or catching an elevator in a highrise building to the top floor and then, running down the stairs to the first floor, as fast as she can, while timing how fast it took to get to the bottom of the stairs.

Fatima also liked writing poetry, making quilts, and watching old African American movies from the early 50s and 60s. Films that were precious gems to real movie watchers.

When Fatima was a young girl, she had a best friend named Michelle. Michelle was a beautiful girl. Her skin had a soft peach tone highlighted with freckles that you could barely see unless pointed out.

Michelle had pretty blonde hair, which flowed down her back with deep curls and was taller than most girls in her grade. In fact, Michelle was taller than most boys in her class.

Michelle was smart, funny, opinionated, and kind. Everyone wanted to be friends with Michelle.

Fatima was a nerd, but Michell was very popular. They had so many things in common, like collecting pretty shiny objects, magic tricks, and watching old movies, and star gazing.

Fatima and Michelle did everything together. If you saw one, you would see the other. They were in choir together. They were in the same homeroom class together. They shared the same birthstone together, A ruby.

Unfortunately, Michelle was stricken with asthma and it would prevent her from doing lots of things, such as participating in sports, school dances, or anything that could trigger an attack.

Fatima was an only child, and so was Michelle. They were more like sisters, than best friends. One night , Fatima and Michell, was up late watching movies, while braiding each others hair. MIchell got the bright idea to give each other a homemade tatto.

"No matter what happens in life, we will always be sisters." Said Michelle

"My mom would kill me, if I came home with a tattoo, especially a home made tatto." said fatima.

"Dont worry Fatima." "I saw how it's done on the internet." "It will be safe." "I promise." said Michelle.

Fatima and Michelle, gather the supplies they needed , as directed on the internet. A large sewing needle, a black ink pen, a lighter, to burn the needle to get rid of any infections , lots cotton balls and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

Since the girls, like to star gaze, they selected a small star to commemorate their friendship. Fatima, choose to have her star located behind her ear, and Michelle, decided to place her star between her thumb and her index finger.

The girls were excited about their new body art. They showed their classmates and braged about the fearless steps it took to create such a bold statement about their friendship.

It hade been a few mohts since the girls got their friendship tattos. It was early in the morning, when Fatima discoverd, that Michelle and her family moved suddenly in the middle of the night.

Fatima was brokenhearted. She never felt that kind of pain before and vowed to never to allow anything, or anyone, else, to make her feel that kind of pain, ever again.

Fatima had been a family physician for five years and she loved it. She never had any time to date the opposite sex or even slow down long enough to meet a decent guy with moral values and strong beliefs in the Lord.

"Fatima, some of us are going on a seven day cruise next month." "The ship is leaving from San Francisco to Catalina." "We need one more person to get the group rate." "Besides, you could use a break from the hospital." said Dr. Miller.

After weeks of consideration, Fatima agreed to go on the seven day cruse with her co workers.

"You only live once" Fatima said to herself

Fatima never been on a vacation, so she didn't know what to pack. She took advice from one of the other ladies, that were also attending the crusie.

"If I were you, I would pack only the nessesaties." "Anything that you need, you can purchase along the way." suggested Nurse Ross.

It was the day of the cruise and the ladies were ready to board with passports and crisue tickets in hand.

"I wont lie. I haven't been in a relationship with a man for too long to remember." said Dr Miller.

"Its been even long for me." said Nurse Ross.

"I just want to relax and enjoy my time a way from my normal life." "if I find love, then so be it." Fatima said

The ladies got settled into their rooms and it was time for drinks, food and entertainment.

Fatima selected and ruby red colored, all purpose dress that fit snugly against her well built body with silver heels and silver jewelry to complement her ensemble.

Famitas' hair was extremely curly naturaly, which she wore in a slicked back ponytail.

After a few drinks the ladies were coragous enough to accept dances from men who asked. Fatima on the other hand declined two dance offers. She was not a big dancer and she was not drunk enough to get on the dance floor and make a fool of herself.

Fatima was sitting , watching her co-workers dance and have fun, while she ordered another picture of mojitos.

Fatima decided that she had had enough for the evening, and wanted to retire to her cabin. just as she stood up to exit, a tall slender man, walked over and held his hand out and asked FAtima for a dance. Fatima was speechless. She looked at the beautiful man standing in front of her from head to toe, in slow motion.

"May I have this dance? "said the man with a deep , mootoned voice. With out hesitation, Fatima accepted the offer and was on the dance floor before she knew it.

Fatima and her new friend danced all night long.

Fatima was excited about meeting a new friend. His name was Micha, pronounced "Mike-Ah." He was a stock broker on vacation from his stressful job , located in New York City. Micha was six foot three, slinder, white peach colored skin with a tan and a gold hoop earring to bring out the features in his well chilseld face . Micha was funny, handsome, smart and kind.

The obvious attraction between the two of them was vivid for all to see. It was the last day of the cruise. Fatima and Micha exchanged contact information and promised to keep in touch. Fatima felt her herat breaking, the same way it did, when her best friend Michelle, left her life.

"It was truly a blessing to meet you Fatima." "I feel as though I already know you"

"Maybe we knew each other in another life." "I will keep my promise and keep in touch." Micha said.

Fatima and Micha shared a long and passionate kiss, before exiting the ship. Micha extended his hand out to give Fatime a good bye hand shake. It wasn't until that exact moment, Fatima noticed and recognized the star shaped tatto, located between his thumb and his index finger.

Micha held onto Fatimas hand long enough to look into her eyes and give a wink of accknowlgment.

Fatima realizing she had been reunited with an old friend, gave Micha a wink of acknowledgment back.

THE END

July 21, 2024 19:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.