210 comments

American Coming of Age Creative Nonfiction

GUIDELINES FOR OASIS


1.THE PURPOSE OF OASIS WAS TO GIVE EXPOSURE TO THE WRITERS THAT WORKED HARD FOR THE STORIES.

SO, EVERY WEEK ALL THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL COLLECTIVELY CHOOSE 2 WRITERS AND A STORY ON FRIDAY FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.

2. THE MEMBERS OF OASIS WILL GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM TO THE MEMBERS OF THE GROUP. THAT'S COMPULSORY. YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEIR STORIES BY GIVING THE GROUP MEMBERS FEEDBACKS ON THE STORIES THAT THEY SUBMIT EACH WEEK. IT APPLIES TO ALL.

3. THE WRITERS THAT WE CHOOSE SHOULD BE IN EVERY ONE's BIO FOR A WEEK.

4. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE GROUP MEMBER YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES.

5 ALL THE MEMBERS ARE MENTIONED IN THIS STORY BELOW.



What is OASIS?

Every week on reedsy 600-700 stories get submitted. But how many writers get attention or exposure. None.

Right??

We have CC and all. But how many people has it helped? NOne?

So I created Oasis.

In the oasis, we help by giving exposure to the writer who gives their hard work for stories.


So hello everybody.

I know since a few months lots have been happening on reedsy. First the downvoting and now the upvoting scandal.

But it's ok. We are humans and we do tend to evolve with situations and circumstances.

To escape from all this rant. I came up with an idea.


OASIS

It's a club. It's open for all. Here we all are going to support each other and thrive in our writing skills.

The main motto of this club is to support each other and give exposure to new writers.

We will give constructive criticism and feedback on your stories.

Enhancing your writing journey.

All you have to do is write OASIS in the bio. And we will get to know who is interested in this journey.

In OASIS we will give feedback and constructive criticism to all the writers who are members of an oasis.

We will give shout to a new writer or the writers who haven't got good exposure.

Our main goal is to polish us to refine writing.

No upvoting bs.


MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP

ERZA SCARLET

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/erza-scarlet/

VARSHA VIMAL

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/varsha-vimal/

ABBY

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/abby-00a9dc/

KATE REYNOLDS


Who is ready to join me? Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?Who is ready to join me?

January 15, 2021 14:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

210 comments

Kate Reynolds
14:33 Jan 15, 2021

I have a friend who just joined Reedsy (I will post the link to her profile in my next story) And she does not write very often, BUT After lots of persuading and harassing I got her to join!!!!!!!! https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/erza-scarlet/

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:35 Jan 15, 2021

Next friday would be good. We cant put every new members link in our story. Right? Guidelines. W

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:37 Jan 15, 2021

Wait we can or can't?? She has lot's of things she needs to improve on (and I already listed a few) so it would be nice if other people gave their comments/critiques on her story

Reply

. .
14:38 Jan 15, 2021

I will

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:39 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you!!!!

Reply

. .
14:39 Jan 15, 2021

:DDDDDD

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:39 Jan 15, 2021

I just wrote the guidelines so that this all should not mess up. Read it if you have any doubts.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
. .
14:17 Jan 15, 2021

Hey Y'all!!

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:18 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you for the support. But can we talk about it first.

Reply

. .
14:19 Jan 15, 2021

Ok!! Let's talk.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kate Reynolds
14:18 Jan 15, 2021

YEAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:32 Jan 15, 2021

The bio is superb

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:35 Jan 15, 2021

Thank you!!!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
. .
14:19 Jan 15, 2021

:D

Reply

Radhika Diksha
14:21 Jan 15, 2021

So, what will our work be exact. Have you thought? Because I don't want this group to dissolve at any cost.

Reply

. .
14:23 Jan 15, 2021

I think that we should, every friday, come here with an author that is underappreciated that we love and shout them out, and then we read everyone's author's newest story and leave critique. Of course, that can get to be a little much over time when more peeps join, so maybe we can ask specific peeps to check specific peeps out.

Reply

Kate Reynolds
14:26 Jan 15, 2021

Yeah, good idea!!!

Reply

Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:30 Jan 15, 2021

I just said the same thing a few seconds ago. Telepathy.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Radhika Diksha
14:38 Jan 15, 2021

See there's no need to ask specific peeps to check specific peeps. Every Friday one of us will take a combined decision to highlight the writer of the week. The same will go with the story. And as members of the oasis club, we will give feedback to each other stories like we used to do before. Simple.

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 3 replies
Radhika Diksha
14:28 Jan 15, 2021

So, let's set some guidelines. We will put the new writer's name in our bio for a week. We will choose a writer for a week and we all put his name in our bio. The same would go for the stories. And all oasis members will give honest critiques and feedback to each other. No sugar coating. Got it.

Reply

. .
14:31 Jan 15, 2021

Ok!! Who would sugarcoat a critique? (monsters)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kate Reynolds
14:30 Jan 15, 2021

Okay I updated my bio, tell me what you think of it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 2 replies
Show 2 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.