The 30 days of Million Dollar Rune

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Write a story that spans a month during which everything changes.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Fantasy Fiction

 The 30 days of Million Dollar rune


Suddenly everyone was staring at her, She murmured to herself, “Is everything alright; am I in any trouble; why is everyone staring at me; do I have something on my face; is something weird” and lifted her head up only to get hit by his face and fell down. 


She didn’t even look at his face and just stormed out of embarrassment. 


She went straight to the restroom to see what’s so weird that everyone is staring at her. On looking in the mirror, She herself got shocked to see own body. She almost fainted. She couldn’t understand how she could be that pretty, She looked so surprised and shocked. But she couldn’t remember how she turned out to be that pretty. Out of head full of weird thoughts and confusion, she went straight to her class room. But still couldn’t connect any dots.


Her best friend, Tess, asked her “ Hey B, wassup, where did you get this look and costume, nice art of work between why do u look so gloomy, is everything ok, don't tell me u got dumped, but wait you never confessed to that person yet right, just tell me what exactly happened”, But there was no movement with her. 


The Class ends here”, said the Grumpy old wolf.


Tess said, “Okay B, I am going to swim class, don’t forget to call me when you reach home”.


She then with her blank mind leaves the campus on her bicycle. While standing in the traffic light, A lady of age around 45 to 50, got near to her and asked “ Hey angel, how have you been lately, is everything going great as u wished”. She turned and looked at that lady with full surprise and asked her “ Do you know me, Do I know you, uh, I mean have we met before, you look familiar to me”. That lady said to B, “If you would like to have a cup of coffee, then probably I would spill the beans.” 


She thought to herself that “probably this is the only way to know what exactly has happened, why don't I give it a try?”. After much thought She decided to go with that lady for a coffee. 


------awkward silence


She asked that lady “How do you know me?”. With the clear and sparkling eyes the lady told her “You came to me”. “Wait, What, I came to you, are you kidding?, I don't even know you, how could I have come to you”, She questioned that lady continuously. 


With lot of calm and love in her words, the lady stated that, “My dear, you came to me with eyes full of tears, cursed me and said ‘ Why I am not as pretty as everyone else, Why I am always someone’s DUFF, Why I couldn’t even talk with him, Why he won't even look at me, is being normal that boring, does no one wants me, Why this is happening to me every time?’. She is still in shock.


The lady continued , So I decided to make your wish come true and made you pretty. 


She slightly tilted her head and asked her, “Don't tell me you are a Tinkerbell, No, Wait, am I dreaming, yes, I might be dreaming”, she started pinching herself and she felt the pain.


So after some minutes she asked that lady, “Are you really an angel?, so that's really you who made my wishes true, is that even possible, am i really going to be pretty”. The lady continued as “Yes dear, It’s all true and It’s really happening to you, and you are going to be really pretty.” 


She was in cloud nine and started to be happy by just the thought of being pretty. The lady said “BUT”. She lifted her head up from the coffee cup and saw that lady with loads of confusion. 


The lady stated that “You can be pretty as much as you want but only for one month also it works only as long as you wear this lipstick” and hands over her that lipstick.


Her face started to get gloomy again, so she asked that lady, “Why don't it lasts forever?”, The lady tells her that “Nothing lasts forever, My Dear” added to that the lady told B, “You should be extremely careful, If anyone else finds that you have this power or else if by chance you lose this lipstick then it wont work”. 


With another sip of coffee and she looked up only to find that lady vanished. She asked the man who was standing there, “Do you by any chance know where, the lady who was sitting with me, went?”. He said “No mam, you came here alone and slept right after your coffee and now only you got woke up”. She screamed in her mind and rashly went to her house. She asked herself “let me check whether that lipstick exists”, as she went through her Bag, She found that lipstick. She whispered to herself, “So This is it, This is really happening, I am going to be pretty, He is definitely going to love me”. 


With a deep husky voice she said, “ Okay Blessy, It’s your month, Go for it”, and slept.  


The very next day, With the Glossy lipstick, She steps out of the house with great confidence to go to school. She purposely went to the shop where he usually goes for snacks. She tried her very best to make him look at her. But for all lost he never even gave a slight look at her. With that little disappointment, she went straight into class. Tess asked, “Hey B, do you want to go for fired chops in the evening? I found a new shop nearby”. Being rejected that offer, B decides to follow him everywhere. In the evening, after the bell rings when everyone starts to leave, B decides to finally confess her love to him. 


She gathers up all her courage and goes to him only to find out that he is already kissing another girl in the hallway. Being left with a little heartbreak, She leaves the school in a hurry and eventually slips her bicycle on her way home. In her room all crying, She heard a doorbell ring. Wiped off her tears, She comes down to check on, A tall man, with a dusky toned skin and husky voice asked, “ Hey B, Are you alright? you don't seem good when you come home? Do you want to go somewhere?”. She replied with her soggy eyes, “No Wes, I am not alright!” then fell into his arms and broke down again. 


Her Childhood Friend whom She could trust with all her life, Wesley said to her, “ Hey B, This doesn’t end here, you have a long way to go”.


“But He already kissed someone, He wont like me, I can't be with him”, She said with a heavy heart. 


Wes continued, “ Okay, let’s get this straight, Do you like him?”. “Yes”, B said. 


“So I will help you to get him back, in return make me pass my science class”, Wes made a deal with B. 


“Is that even possible?”, B exclaimed. 


Wes said to her, “Everything is possible in love and war, until we decide to give up”. 


Staring at her reflection in the mirror with that glossy mystical lipstick and the deal she made with Wes, She said to herself, “Okay Blessy, It’s never too late, You can still do it, You have 25 days more, You can still make him fall in love with you, You got this”. She sees Wes at the entrance of the school gate and asks him, “So, What’s your plan for today? Do you really have one?”. He tells her to Ask him out. “What me? Are you kidding? No way, He won't accept anyway, I really can't, I am nervous”, B said. 


Wes states,“Yes You can, If you like somebody, You should just be straight-up with them and tell them that you’re into them”. 


She hurriedly goes through her bag and puts on that lipstick and goes straight to him. She asked him, “ Hey Ten, uh, I just wanna say something to you, so, Are you free in the evening? Would you like to go out with me?”. “The Mall, 6:00”, said Ten. 


She wore that lipstick and went to the mall to meet Ten. After 10 mins, Ten arrived there. She started the conversation, “Huh, Ten, I mean, I like, I like your shirt, No, I mean, ugh, never mind”. Ten just stares at her. After some awkward moments, She again starts the talk, “So, What have you decided to do for the homecoming?”. Ten with a smile on his face, “Yeah, that’s why I accepted your offer to meet you here”. Her cheeks get red quick. 


Ten continued, “I know it's a little awkward to ask now, But”. She lifts her head up and looks him straight. He continues as “Do your best friend Tess have a date to the homecoming dance next weekend?”. She tried to keep her composure, but cried internally. She asked, “Are you using me to get close to her?”. Ten replied, “When you asked to meet in the evening I really thought you would bring your friend here”. 


She just stormed from there. She called Wes, but he didn’t take the call so She left him a voicemail to meet her asap. Being left heartbroken, She goes to her Secret hiding place where she used to go as a child whenever she gets upset or sad.Adding fuel to the fire, she saw Wes making out with his Ex-girlfriend in her secret hiding place, she ran to her house with a rage. Being disappointed, she throws away the lipstick. 


On that night, Wes stops by Blessy's house and knocks on the door. As she opens the door, Wes says, “Hey B, I am sorry about Ten, You okay? He’s an idiot”.


“You know, I saw You and your Ex, You were at my secret place, You know, That’s my Special place”, says B with eyes full of tears.

“You said I could use it”.


“Not as Motel 6, Wes”.


“You were on a date with ten, Are you seriously mad at me right now? I thought we’re friends”. 


“Come on, Wes, We’re not friends, You know people like you don’t hang out with people like me, you know? That’s just the way it is. Football guys, They date hot chicks. And people like me don’t date anybody. I don’t know why I thought I could be different”. 


“What are you talking about? Hey B, this isn’t you”. 


“You know, Wes, please just go home”.


Devastated her cries and cries again. She then realises she has thrown that lipstick somewhere. She starts to search for it the next morning. As to her more shock, She found that lipstick under her curtain only to know that it already broken to pieces 



----knock,knock


“Hey B, Why are you not in school these days, I really missed you, Why aren’t you surprised?”,by the talk Tess comes in. 


“I think deep down I’ve always known you were prettier than me. And I feel like I couldn't talk to you about it. Because you wouldn't understand what it felt like to be your scrumpy friend”, B finally opens up to Tess.


“But you know, You’re wrong, because we all have our insecurities. The point is, we’re a team. If anything, I am kind of chumps in comparison to you. And You know We can’t be Blessy and Tess without Blessy”.


“Thanks”, B smiles.


“Okay, I am gonna ditch my date and we’re going as a team on this Homecoming dance?”,Tess asks B.


“I just…..I can’t see Wes or Ten. I am just gonna order a pizza and roam around my room.”


“Absolutely not”, B’s mom comes in at that moment. 


B shouts, “Mom, Are you really listening at the door again?”. 


“Yes, I was. This is Juicy stuff, Now it all makes sense”. 


“Mom, I have already tried all your Five stages, Nothing is left”.


“Hey hon, forget about the five stages. I have got some real advice for you. We’re gonna call it STAGE,11. Yeah It’s sort of acceptance plus, where you realise who you are, you accept it, and then you… turn it up to 11”.


“Let’s stop, Mom”.


“All right, Honey, you’re a weirdo. Fine, own it. Be the best weirdo you can be. You have spent the last half a month worrying so much about what other people are thinking about you. How about you just worry about what you about you? Now I want you to get cleaned up, I want you to go to that dance, and rock that homecoming like my Blessy would”.


“Passion plus action…..OMG I am doing it again”.


“No,No, no Mom I am all right now, Actually you’re good at this. I’m feeling madly inspired. I think now it’s time. You all move out now”.


The 30th day of her Mystery, She chose not to put on that lipstick and went to that Homecoming dance with loads of self love and confidence and also Tess beside her. There She spots Wes, and tells him, “Hey Wes, sorry about that day, I shouldn’t have been mad at you”.


“You know what a Guy I know used to tell me ‘ If you like somebody, You should just be straight-up with them and tell them that you’re into them’ so that's what I am doing now”. 


“You mean, You’re into me”, Actually Wes was pretty shocked.


“yeah, I am into you”.


“You know, I just kind of got back with my Ex”.


“Oh, Okay, That’s really fine. If you are happy, I am happy too”, with a smile and clean eyes,B told that to Wes. 


“What’s that shit, Get out of my way. Wow, who made that, Build a bear? Are you really gonna wear that here? Huh, I am gonna stream it live now”, the so-called bad witch, his Ex-girlfriend blabbered.


“Good. I’m glad you’re excited about it. Go right ahead”. 


“Fine, I will. Plus Wesley would never leave me for any Ugly duckling anyway”.


“UGH, you used to make so upset, but now I just feel bad for you. Yeah I may not be pretty, guess what, so are you. So is everybody. There’s always gonna be somebody prettier or more talented or richer than you, But it shouldn't affect how you see yourself”.


“You have Wesley, and you treat him like he’s stupid, but he isn’t. And people don’t like him, because he’s with you. They like him because he’s like an amazing guy”.


“Look, I LIKE MYSELF. I wouldn’t wanna be anybody else. And I realise now that none of this really matters to me”.


“Just don’t tear me down for not giving a shit about your labels, because in the end they are meaningless”. 


-------far away voice “and the homecoming king is Wesley, Come on, come Wes,”


B says, “Aren’t you gonna get the crown”, to Wes, Who was already staring at her. 


“No, I am gonna get the girl”. 


They kissed and started dating.


After some days, She happens to run into that lady accidentally, and asks her “would you want a cup of coffee”. 


The lady smiles, and tells B that-- “The Whole Universe is different from yesterday, just from Your Happiness”, and vanished right away. 


-------------


This content is not my own. Combination of my all time favorite three movies. But the dialogues are mine though. Just a little message or advice to everyone whoever reads it:


“The magical time is coming, Now take off your mask and open your eyes, You’re still beautiful the way you are.”
















April 13, 2021 16:12

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.