MISSION 24

Submitted into Contest #27 in response to: Write a short story that ends with a twist.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery

       

Cortez and Dashiell were best friends from their childhood. They were passionate about research and loved to create new things. They worked hard and their hard work blossomed fruits at last. They became renowned scientists. They wanted to invent something new. So , they planned to invent a invisible powder. After several years, Cortez and Dashiell worked together. Cortez, “ At last! I have found the formula for this. We can make a change in this world Dashiell.” Dashiell was happy but frustrated too. He cannot accept that Cortez had found the formula. Dashiell said, “ I cannot accept that you have found the formula. I feel irritated even to look at your face . That’s it. This is all over. I must not see your face again in my life.” 

Cortez became very famous through his invention. Cortez felt guilty about Dashiell. One day , Cortez accidentally put his invisible powder on himself. He became invisible. The saddest part is that he has not found a formula for becoming visible again. He remembered Dashiell' s words and thought himself that now he cannot be seen by anyone. Cortez went to Dashiell' s house. He cannot be seen because , he was invisible. He went near Dashiell and he wrote what had happened to him in a paper. Dashiell was amazed at the same time happy. Cortez said, “ please find the formula for visibility”. Dashiell refused and he wanted to take up a revenge. There spread a rumour that Cortez was dead. Cortez's wife has given birth to a male child and she passed away.

Roddick, a man of twenty four was living with his father Dashiell in Los Angels, California, USA. Roddick lost his mother when he was very young. Dashiell had an illegal affair with another woman called Camron. They had a daughter. Roddick was completely unaware of this. Dashiell was very intelligent in hiding this from Roddick. Soon after his higher education, Roddick wanted to go to Beijing, China for learning science and experimental studies. Roddick said this to his father. Dashiell was quite shocked when he heard Roddick wanted to become a scientist. Dashiell did not agree with him. He was not ready to allow him. Dashiell said if he tries to go there , he must not come back here again. Roddick did not put his father’s words into his ears. He wanted to go, as he was very passionate. He met Diana there. Diana was cute, ready to face challenges and as passionate as Roddick. They became close friends very soon. 

There they were assigned a work as a group of two ,in finding a new inventions. Roddick and Diana got paired up. They made a research of new inventions. There they found about the invisible powder which was found by Cortez. Diana was thrilled. By seeing this there aroused a sudden idea to Diana that they can find the formula for visibility. Days passed. Roddick was slowly moved by Diana. He wanted to convey his love to her. So, he took her to Fenglin hill , a peak forest in china. Diana was ready to go with him ,but she thought it was for their invention. Roddick conveyed his love to her. Diana was shocked and happy. She blushed and looked down. Roddick understood the reason behind her smile and he pulled her into his arms. 

It became dark. So, they decided to stay there. Staying in forest is regular for them. So, they did not hesitate even a bit. On their way they saw a house. It was unusual to find a house in such a forest .They decided to go in. Diana was scared. The most interesting part was the house went long and long. Roddick was thrilled. They saw a room in the underground followed by the stairs. To their amazement, the room was very neat and it consisted of many potions. The house seemed like it was in use. This sight became a feast to their eyes. Diana planned to continue their work in this lab. Days passed and no one came there. But, that room was a bit unusual. They could find things moving. 

One day, They heard a voice saying, “ please find the formula soon.” They were scared. But day by day they could find a progress in their invention. They were sure that the voice they heard was some how helping them. Roddick was more dedicated. He even lost his sleep for months and he worked on it along with the help of that voice. After a year, they found the visible powder. The voice requested them to put some visible powder on it. They did so, and they found Cortez, the man who found the formula for invisibility, standing in front of them. They were shocked. Roddick and Diana submitted their work and they received a great attention. But, Cortez refused to turn up there. Roddick took Diana to Los Angeles. Cortez also accompanied them. Roddick took them to his house, Dashiell was at his peak of shock because, the man whom he tried to revenge upon, the man whom he thought was dead stood in front of him!. Dashiell fell into Cortez's legs. But Cortez forgived him. Dashiell revealed that Roddick was not his son. Roddick was shocked. Dashiell revealed that Roddick was Cortez’s son. Cortez was spellbound. He forgived totally upon Dashiell since he took care of his son. Diana on seeing her father cheated two families, Diana burst into tears. Diana left that place by saying Dashiell was her father no more. Dashiell was totally lost on hearing this. Dashiell revealed everything to his wife Camron. Camaron told he must not meet her anymore. Dashiell was helpless. He was left all alone.

Roddick and Diana got married. Cortez was very happy in seeing his son. Cortez blessed them. Roddick and Diana lived happily. 

Cortez thought of meeting Dashiell. Dashiell was surprised to see Cortez. Cortez called Dashiell to come and live along with them. Dashiell was scared of his daughter. Cortez promised him that he will console Diana. Dashiell arrived there. Diana burst into tears. Roddick and Diana fell into Dashiell's arms. Dashiell blessed them.


February 01, 2020 17:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.