1 comment

General

Like most child geniuses I never really got to know my parents. I was constantly being told that the world needed my intellect. I was always being dragged off to solve some kind of calamity in the world ever sense I was 4 years old.  I told the now dysfunctional FBI that there was no need to keep looking for Jimmy Hoffa dead remains because his body was devoured in a huge meat grinder and fed to the pigs. They will go through bone like butter. You need at least 16 pigs to finish the job in one setting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about 8 minutes. That means that a single pig can consumes 2 pounds of uncooked flesh per minute. Hence the expression “As greedy as a pig”.

To me it didn’t seem to matter to my parents that I was never home.

My mother Jill was a permanent stay home mom who basically raised 11 children on her own. Me being child number 8. My father Jack was a Sanitation worker (garbage man). He delivered Newspapers in the morning and read peoples fortune on the weekend. He was said to have the gift to see into the future of others. I don’t have to tell you how much he loved my mother because going half on 11 babies was proof in the pudding.

Those who vied for my unique abilities paid my parents a hefty fee and after several years of me solving some of the most bizarre murders, missing persons and the world most difficult catastrophes they no longer had to worry about finances.

The first time the United States Government came to take me away I was about 11 years old shortly to be 12 years old in 9 days, 5 hours, six minutes and 13 seconds and counting. There was a serious nuclear power plant energy accident that took place in Japan at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, initiated primarily by the tsunami following the Tōhoku earthquake. The Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami killed over 15,000 people from effects unrelated to destruction of the reactors at Fukushima. At the time of the accident, only reactors 1 to 3 were operational and reactor 4 served as a temporary storage for spent fuel rods.

Although all three of the reactors where now miraculously shut down they were still releasing radiation.  Workers were trying to cool them down with Sea Water and Boric Acid. When that didn’t work and the workers started dying from the fumes. I was asked how to stop it. To me it was simple. All they had to do is spray a chemical compound element 22 zZz that I invented would truly cool all three reactors. In 16 hours, 22minutes and seven seconds. The problem was solved.

A few years later I was called upon to find a way to try and stop ISIS. ISIS is an acronym that stands for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria and it's the most commonly used term for the group. The Islamic State or ISIS is a militant organization that emerged as an offshoot of al Qaeda. The group has attracted widespread criticism internationally for its extremism, from governments and international bodies such as the United Nations and Amnesty International. Officially, ISIS was built with the purpose to establish a new global caliphate (if possible; or regional if global is not possible); a caliphate is a form of human organization based solely on Islamic teachings. ISIS thinks that it fulfills the will of Allah on earth.

The sole agenda of ISIS I believe is to create a Islamic unrealistic ideology Caliphate where everything works according to Sharia, Islamic law or sharia law is a religious law forming part of the Islamic tradition. It is derived from the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the hadith. In Arabic, the term sharia refers to God's immutable divine law and is contrasted with fiqh, which refers to its human scholarly interpretations. The religion as explained by ISIS leaders derives from coherent and learned interpretation of Islam. Islam is an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion teaching that there is only one God and that Muhammad is a messenger of God. It is the world's second-largest religion with over 1.9 billion followers or 24.4% of the world's population, commonly known as Muslims.

It was the first time that I refused to help. Something in my head kept ringing about a quote from Former Heavy Weight World Boxing Champion The Great Muhammad Ali. I quote! Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.

There was several reasons why I decided to decline my assistance. First of all ISIS is not associated with al-Qaeda. In fact, the groups are on less-than-on-friendly terms. ISIS’ roots lie in a Sunni.

Islamist militant group founded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, named his group al-Qaeda in Iraq. Their relationship was sometimes tense and the groups developed different tactics, goals and styles of leadership.

One of the more eyebrow-raising theories about ISIS is that it ia a creation of the United States, The British and Israeli intelligence agencies agencies. That seemed to be a bit confusing to me and lastly what swayed me away from getting involved was despite ISIS victories in Iraq and Syria and the ineptitude of the Iraqi military to stop ISIS's advances, know-it-all analysts argue that ISIS is not unstoppable.

I truly believe that ISIS has hinged its credibility on an a unsustainable idea.

The people will eventually get bored or too terrified with their violent antics and will remove them from society as they did Vlad III Dracula better known by the gruesome moniker “Vlad the Impaler”, was a 15th-century ruler of Wallachia who became notorious for his rampant use of torture, mutilation and mass murder. Vlad’s military exploits saw him praised by many as a hero, but his unmatched cruelty and penchant for barbaric executions often against his own people. Vlad’s victims were supposedly killed through unspeakable means including disembowelment, beheading and even being skinned or boiled alive. Still, his preferred method was impalement, a grisly process in which the victim had a wooden stake slowly driven through their body before being left to die of exposure. According to some accounts, Vlad enjoyed dining among the thousands of impaled bodies and would even dip his bread into the blood of his victims. He was eventually killed by his disloyal Wallachian Boyar people. They decapitated his wicked head from his over fed body that was surgically cut into multiple Reese’s cup little pieces and his head was sent to Constantinople served on a silver Platter.

Often called the “Blood Countess,” Elizabeth Báthory was a Hungarian noblewoman who is widely considered to be history’s most deranged female serial killer. Throughout the late 16th and early 17th centuries, Báthory reportedly lured young peasants to her castle with promises of high-paying jobs as servants. Once trapped in the citadel, these victims were subject to unspeakable tortures. Some were beaten or stabbed with needles, while others were stripped naked and left to freeze in the snow. According to legend, Báthory even bathed in the blood of her virgin victims, believing it would keep her skin radiant and youthful. She was killed by the people where she was buried alive inside of a cement walled-in at Cachtice Castle.

The people of the world have a way of ridding themselves of tyrannical leaders such as Adolf Hitler, Julius Caesar, Benito Mussolini,  Joseph Stalin, Francisco Franco, Mao Zedong, Kim Il-sung, Nicolae Ceausescu, Idi Amin, Augusto Pinochet and if President Trump isn’t careful he maybe one day added to the list.

It wasn’t until I turned 27 years of age is when I built a lasting relationship with my parents. My dad Jack just learned that he had Sickle Cell Anemia. A chronic vascular disease, with a range of acute and chronic complications driven by ongoing vaso-occlusion. The diverse clinical manifestations of SCD can affect organs throughout the body. The self-perpetuating cycle of vaso-occlusion and vaso-occlusive crises (VOCs) may account for the majority of the burden of SCD.  

That’s when my mother Jill demanded that I come home. The first thing she explained to me was it was not their intentions to give me away to the world. She said that she and Jack fought constantly over me not growing up with the rest of my siblings. He was willing to work 9 jobs to keep his family all together under one roof.

When the school tested your IQ behind our backs and it was off the charts. We knew there was going to be a problem keeping you at home so you could experience a normal poor life like the rest of the family did at that time. It wasn’t until the US government demanded that we release you from poverty by saying they would lay your father off from his sanitation job that’s when we unwillingly relinquished all ties from you.  You were basically forcibly adopted by the world. Not a day that has ever past that your father Jack and I don’t regret. When you being smart as you are didn’t figure out how much we loved and missed you we just kind of gave up hope the prodigal son would ever return home. That was over 20 years ago as we reestablish a parent and son relationship going on 21 years, 6 months, 7 days, 3 hours 9 minutes and 2 seconds and counting.

 

May 27, 2020 15:29

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Synia Sidhe
22:06 Jun 04, 2020

Thank you for sharing your story! I think that the very specific numbers are a great way to show the unique way the character's mind works. The concept of a child abducted because he is clever and then deciding not to aid the government in fighting an organization is also interesting. The story has a lot of long tangents though and it doesn't really feel like its about the relationship between the parents and the genius. I also got caught off guard by the last paragraph. While some literary fiction authors do format dialogue in different way...

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.